JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's pretend you are down to only the mentioned components; what recipe/what resource would you search to find suitable safe usable reload?

10mm 155g RNL; none of the published recipes you've found fit these? Now what?

Well....I've done this with rifle loads since rifle powder is pretty forgiving. For example, I load 7x57 Mauser for a modern M70. Gun is plenty strong, but book loads are anemic in case anyone is shooting a late 1800s Mauser or something. So, I use load data from two cartridges that straddle it by case capacity, the 7mm-08 and 280 Remington. 57-51= 6mm, 63-57= 6mm. I start on the high end on 7mm-08 and end on the low-end of 280. I favor the slower powders that are common between 7mm-08 and 280 for a but more margin of error and higher load density. Work up slow and watch pressure.

I recently posted this link on another thread:

I see some cast 155 gr. loads listed there. If you can't find data for 155 gr, use 165 gr. data. It's not that different and you won't get in trouble with an overcharge. There is 165 gr. cast bullet data on this list as well.

In the absence of cast data, some people simply use low end (or lower) published jacketed bullet data.

Let's pretend you are down to only the mentioned components; what recipe/what resource would you search to find suitable safe usable reload?

10mm 155g RNL; none of the published recipes you've found fit these? Now what?
The idea is to take all information available and then work up a load.. ie, something that won't stick a slug in the barrel or blow up the gun, but will reliably lock the slide back on the last shot and then some.

Bubba from the crik down yonder.

In all seriousness, if you know an old fart, they might have much older loading manuals that might have what you want. The new ones, from what I've seen, go with what's popular and if you can go wat back to when a cartridge was new, there may have been much more experimenting because nothing was popular yet

I recently posted this link on another thread:

I see some cast 155 gr. loads listed there. If you can't find data for 155 gr, use 165 gr. data. It's not that different and you won't get in trouble with an overcharge. There is 165 gr. cast bullet data on this list as well.

In the absence of cast data, some people simply use low end (or lower) published jacketed bullet data.
^
This

Well since you put it that way!
thanks, there's a ton of discussion for me to pick thru there. I have yet to find a 10mm 180 load that ~I~ can accurately shoot. I know its a popular weight but somehow doesn't work well for *me*....or as a buddy put it, "WIENIE *me*"...so I'll focus for a while on what does work.

oddly enough I can't seem to locate "155g RNL WSF xx.x" load. I've use that source for years without any issue. So I have some potential other multiple sourced recipes that have a small batch ready for the range. Soon.
If you roll with a .40S&W load for a starter you should fine. I'd feel very comfy using a .40 max load with that grain bullet for a starter in 10mm. The 10 is a beast I don't think you're being reckless. Gotta do what we gotta do right now. If you can find plated or jacketed data I'd feel okay about starting low and working up or down with that too. Worst case with the lead is you get a dirty leaded barrel. I wouldn't be concerned about over pressure.

id go with the closest weight possible that is OVER the weight of the bullet you have. generally, lighter bullets call for more powder than than heavier bullets.

what powder do you have on hand?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top