JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That comment right there just pisses me off, and that doesn't happen very often. What the heck gives you the right to make such an accusation of the people here?? Speak for yourself buddy and leave the accusations at home. There are 5 pages of conversation on this single thread. Many have suggested real solutions, solutions that you have dismissed out of hand because you personally don't like them. You also seem to care less about personal rights and freedom than you do some mythical promise that more laws will magically protect you.

You do not speak for me or anyone else on this board. I DO care. And I know damn well that the rest of the people care too. We don't want guns in the hands of bad guys, we're just realistic enough to know that there will never ever be a law that will stop bad guys from getting guns. As I stated in an earlier post - if they are a known bad guy, what the hell are they doing on the streets in the first place?? They should be in prison. But our damn system doesn't want them there. How the hell is another damn law supposed to stop them?

As for the Orlando shooter, who bought his guns legally, what fricking laws would you like added to the books to stop him? What damn 'compromise' did we fail to give to stop him? The guy was under FBI surveillance over the course of several years, and THEY, the precious government, those who promise they can protect us, restored his right to buy guns. So how the hell is that OUR problem???!! They blew it, we did not, yet you chastise the members here for not caring enough to do something?? I don't know what your issue is, but you're in no place to be making the call on whether or not we care about guns in the hands of criminals. If you bothered to read the topics of discussion on this board regularly, you would see that not only is gun safety a topic of regular discussion, but so is the disgust every time a gun is used in a crime. You whine about wanting US to compromise with the anti's - as if they have some magical solution. Well breaking news Jack, their solutions are failing - over and over. Gun free zones have become shooting galleries. Background checks have failed to stop many shooters, something they promised would work, and still want to expand. The fact remains that the anti's DON'T CARE about saving lives. They are only bleating about lives because it gives them the power to take our rights away. If you can't see that, then, my friend, you are being sadly mislead by some great liars.

I have more that I could say, but I'm leaving it with this last thought - your judgment of the intentions and desires of gun owners here in the NW and on this forum is most definitely misinformed and just plain wrong. It's bad enough I have to listen to lectures from the blowhard POTUS, I don't need to hear it from self-righteous, holier-than-thou citizens as well.

Amen!

And speaking of "ah ha" moments...don't let this guy get to you good Sir. The TROLL is strong with this one.

:s0097: :s0097: :s0097:

Amen!

And speaking of "ah ha" moments...don't let this guy get to you good Sir. The TROLL is strong with this one.

:s0097: :s0097: :s0097:

Most people don't get to me - until they start using tactics like the anti-gunners do, such as implying/assuming we don't care about guns getting into the hands of the wrong people. It's a B.S. assumption about what people truly believe. We hear that enough from the anti-gun side of things, it's total crap coming from someone that claims to be pro-gun.

I've been chewing on this for a while - I figured I would it would start here with folks I think can identify with me. If not let me have it. oh I do apologize for this disjointed and somewhat elliptical rant. thanks for all who read this far.
SO.............which part of the many (101 posts) has got you pulling out your hair, You asked a few questions, and got all these replies, with the exception of a few, all were on point! I think your way off the map here in accusing us of having a case of hard hardheadedness, You got a bent rudder buddy!!! To answer the basic question of how to keep the baddies from getting guns (or any weapons) is, you cant stop them no matter which of the 22k laws you try and enforce, it aint going to happen! You asked for a discourse, you got an intelligent one with many different points of view, most all of them are reasonable and accurate! If this displeases you, I submit that you move where your ideas match with your reality! Because Hope and Change died when the feds decided to regulate firearms, and until deregulation (Or Revolution) you got nothing that can be done!

TIME OUT . . . EVERYBODY! Didn't you recognize this guy/person/whatever as a Burdick, Prozanski, Brown, Bloomberg plant??? The code words used in the original post are all the evidence you need to establish who owns him (???)!!!

Sheldon

TIME OUT . . . EVERYBODY! Didn't you recognize this guy/person/whatever as a Burdick, Prozanski, Brown, Bloomberg plant??? The code words used in the original post are all the evidence you need to establish who owns him (???)!!!

Sheldon

I don't know about that. 6 years on the board, not exactly someone just popping in to stir things up. Has a well established trading profile too. No, this appears to be dissent among the ranks. Perhaps feeling guilty as a gun owner that they couldn't stop the last shooting from happening. Probably too many stories watched on the news.

"in the end we both want the same thing
for crazy people to stop killing innocent people"

I dis-agree.
I cannot control what another person intends to do.
Ban guns, kill with edged weapons, cars, clubs, hammers, wrenches, fire, water, bare handed.
Who is sane, when? Oregon saved some jingle by closing the criminal insane hospitals. Turned the inmates loose. Folks living under a bridge may be nuts, or down on their luck.

Ban the gun? ordinary decent citizens (sheep) obey, maybe. Others won't. No rational discussions can be had because "ban guns" is so opposite of "gun rights".
Give a little to get a little? That got us 40 years of increasingly stringent rules and laws.

Guns know no borders. Let it be known you are in the market, and can pay, the hunk of iron will sprout feet and jump in your pocket. The cartels have grenades, mortars, AT missiles, heavy machine guns. Some came from here to there

I'ts a big picture deal for me. I see newsclips on body dumps in Mexico, dozens, hundreds murdered for dis-agreeing with somebody stronger then they were. Iraq body dumps. Bosnia body dumps.

LaRaza factions, Moslems, Skinheads, Aryan Nation, waiting to clean ethnics from their lands. Churning madness.

Who joins the Marine Corps? Who marries because she's nice? Jumps off a tall cliff in a flying squirrel suit? Sells or takes dope? Rides a motorcycle in traffic? Hires on as law enforcement? NUTTY AS A FRUITCAKE!

I concluded after much thought, that everybody (me, you, even noflinch's dog) are nuts.
To which level or degree of nuts? I just don't know. If someone decides to murder, maim, harm as in the Clakamas Town Center shooting, and I am nearby, armed or unarmed, I will attack.

If it comes to violence, take a leaf from James Mattis.
Be friends with everyone, but ...

Sincerely
Rick

I must beg to differ with you on one point..... Riding my motorcycle in traffic increases my hand-eye coordination, reflexes, peripheral vision, upper body strength, decision making skills, survival skills and an increased protein intake in the form of organic insectoids. Crazy???????, like a fox!!!!!:rolleyes:

Did I mention interpersonal relationships with the female of the species???
That too.
Brutus Out

There is no gray zone, there IS Black and White, there is good and evil but today I can be jailed for saying that in 99% of the nations on this planet because it is far easier to jail one man, either in Canada or Iran or the US (Benghazi UTube) , and never let him/her free than address the reality that the One World Government/NWO is actually here and the "LEFT" has bent over/bent double to accept the disappointing shaft of Islam with nary a squeak of complaint. All good for them, not so good for 99.9999999% of the world's population.
Think of your family, think about what Islam means for them, no jokeo_O

I was thinking about this some more.

We got sidetracked over the OP author's claim that gun control is about keeping legal guns out of the hands of bad guys. But just for the sake of argument, let's assume that is true, and let's also assume it is actually successful in that respect (we're getting into Twilight Zone here... :p)

It's actually irrelevant!

First, even making the above assumptions, does not imply that the violent crime rate will be decreased. Consider: Putting measures in place to disarm criminals may actually disarm more innocents. After all, criminals are highly motivated to get guns for their aims, while innocents are not. It takes little to convince innocents to just give up on the idea, if the red tape is too onerous, while criminals will access the black market and bypass the red tape; or, they might just use knives or hammers or whatever instead. Also keep in mind that many felons are actually non-violent and that disarming them prevents them protecting their own lives or their families. Since such people often live in crime-riddled areas you are simply making more victims for the violent ones.

The aim is not to prevent bad guys getting legal guns, but to reduce the crime rate. There are any number of ways that accomplishing the first might make the second worse.

Of course I would prefer liberty even if it were more dangerous, just like Thomas Jefferson. But even if you don't, you still haven't bothered to prove that making legal access difficult for violent criminals can actually reduce the crime rate.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top