JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
283855-211b2c3890b92f5c54dfcc404d59b844.jpg

There was a book that came out 8-10 years ago that talked about getting out of the cities and 5 miles away from any major freeway/highway...mainly for a Cascadia Subduction event or like kind of Natural disaster. Their thinking was the city folk would come out of the cities looking for food, water and the requirements of life so to speak...interesting times.
Just think about how the country side will be crawling with city dwellers. When they can't stand the food lines and roving gangs anymore, they will go as far as their e-scooters will take them and start wandering. Zombies.

The SHTF possibility keeps me from living like I'd like to in these retirement years. I'd like to cash in and live worry free, but I fear cash may have little value before I die. I'd like to leave Oregon too and I was born here.

Just think about how the country side will be crawling with city dwellers. When they can't stand the food lines and roving gangs anymore, they will go as far as their e-scooters will take them and start wandering. Zombies.
My house is down a dead end road with 6 other homes. Meaning you'll need to show cause for being there.

Food, water and security aren't my big problem. Medication is. It's hard to keep a months supply because the systems really doesn't want it for some reason. At best I can put away maybe 2 months. What ever disaster strikes I better figure it out by then.

Luckily it's a big coutry. Almost to big to muck up entirely. They're doing a pretty good job on each coast, though.

Last Edited:
P
My house is down a dead end road with 6 other homes. Meaning you'll need to show cause for being there.
People always talk about bugging out if/when SHTF. While initially that may be the case, I can see the immediate countryside of a metropolitan area being overwhelmed by tens of thousands of wandering people. If that's not bad enough, after a while they might be driven caravan style towards a particular destination, overrunning any food sources along the way.

P

People always talk about bugging out if/when SHTF. While initially that may be the case, I can see the immediate countryside of a metropolitan area being overwhelmed by tens of thousands of wandering people. If that's not bad enough, after a while they might be driven caravan style towards a particular destination, overrunning any food sources along the way.
Agreed, there was a thread recently that talked about the trails taken by those heading for the Gold Rush if I recall and them leaving a swath of I think 20 miles on either side barren of game or edible plant life.

I will be bugged in with access blocked and in Survival Mode with the neighbors here all loaded and locked and ready to rock !
Will have emergency Communications Ham station operating for Sit Reps and there will be no size limits and screw the restrictions.
Looters will be fed to the Wolf dog....
Amen brother, amen.

loot_we_shoot.jpg

What some seem to forget is that some looking for food might become food. I hear it tastes like chicken - hopefully I will never know. It isn't the first time and wonr be the last. If it happens the laws will have little meaning.

P

The trick is to get them before they get to close.LOL IMG_20180814_185514.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads