JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was sitting around with a friend of the family and the topic of SHTF came up. The first thing he said was, "if anything goes down, I'm coming to your house". I looked right at him and told him that he would not get a warm reception and then told him to get off his @ss and do some prepping for his family. He makes way more money than I do and he has no excuse for being unprepared. Like I told him, it's not my job to take care of his family.

Very well said. The "I'm unprepared, but, um, I'll find someone who is" plan has always greatly irked me. Oh, I'll take care of family no matter what. Anyone else, sure in a short term disruption, I have and will again render aid, because I try to be a half-way decent human being. In TEOTWAWKI? Strangers are on their own, the fact they opted to be unprepared is not my problem, and their presence on this plot is most assuredly not going to be tolerated. :s0155:

You will note that the military and police in Venezuela continue to support the Maduro regime. This is the same result I'd expect to occur in the US under comparable circumstances. Don't necessarily expect institutions of order for an existing ruling class to change sides. Oh sure, it happens. But not likely in a country thought to be stable enough to follow through on retirement pensions or even regular pay.

Remember, in the American Revolution, the "patriots" were in a minority. Historians now estimate that approx. one third of the colonists were actively involved or supportive of independence. Another approx. one third in the middle didn't care, just wanted to get on with their lives. The final third were loyalists.

I was sitting around with a friend of the family and the topic of SHTF came up. The first thing he said was, "if anything goes down, I'm coming to your house". I looked right at him and told him that he would not get a warm reception and then told him to get off his @ss and do some prepping for his family. He makes way more money than I do and he has no excuse for being unprepared. Like I told him, it's not my job to take care of his family.
Ah yes the friends that think we will still be friends.
In the end.
Lol I'm coming to your house.
OH NO YOUR NOT UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING I NEED.
have a nice day and get off my lawn.

So, I'm reading through this thread and watching the video of Venezuela when my phone rings. It's family, calling from Napa California to say that their power will be shut off tomorrow morning. High winds in the area make power lines sway enough to start fires, and the plan is to shut down the power grid for five days.

They told me the scene on the street and in stores resembles the chaos when a hurricane is approaching. People are scrambling for gasoline, non-perishable food, water, flashlights...

I think if something truly severe and long-lasting happens here in the States, some areas will go up in flames pretty quickly. Just look at Ferguson, and other areas where the residents decided to loot and burn.

As a Christian, I'll try to help people - but there are limits to what I can do, or provide. Essentially, if you don't work you don't eat.

So, I'm reading through this thread and watching the video of Venezuela when my phone rings. It's family, calling from Napa California to say that their power will be shut off tomorrow morning. High winds in the area make power lines sway enough to start fires, and the plan is to shut down the power grid for five days.

They told me the scene on the street and in stores resembles the chaos when a hurricane is approaching. People are scrambling for gasoline, non-perishable food, water, flashlights...

I think if something truly severe and long-lasting happens here in the States, some areas will go up in flames pretty quickly. Just look at Ferguson, and other areas where the residents decided to loot and burn.

As a Christian, I'll try to help people - but there are limits to what I can do, or provide. Essentially, if you don't work you don't eat.
If PG&E thinks that the wild fire lawsuits were fun, wait until they they get sued for all of the chaos they caused by cutting power to an entire region. Attorney's are preparing their late night infomercials as I type this.

If PG&E thinks that the wild fire lawsuits were fun, wait until they they get sued for all of the chaos they caused by cutting power to an entire region. Attorney's are preparing their late night infomercials as I type this.

I think you're right.

And won't this be a nice little societal experiment, if they keep the power off in that area for five days? Talk about a lesson in preparedness - or the lack thereof!

EDIT: I just heard that they're hoping the power will be turned back on sometime Thursday. Much better than 5 days.

Last Edited:
I think you're right.

And won't this be a nice little societal experiment, if they keep the power off in that area for five days? Talk about a lesson in preparedness - or the lack thereof!
I just heard on the radio that their grid gets shut down at midnight. This should be interesting. Best wishes to them all.

PG&E failed to properly maintain their grid, not ensuring lines were clear of vegetation... Winds come, they, PG&E create a record breaking wildfire, are sued by many if not all who experienced loss... And the right way to handle future incidents is to cut services to customers, not get out there and ensure their lines are clear of vegetation... :s0054:

Well, I suspect they'll be paying out for food spoilage both wholesale, retail and residential... You just can't make this stuff up...

I just hope the media cameras batteries got charged .
So we can watch the show.
I bet part of the reason they didn't keep the lines clear from trees has to do with environmentalist.
Lol .
They should cut the power to a different town every week.
Kinda like a Purge.

You're 100% correct.

Though somehow, somewhere along the line, the Govt decided that it was my job to pay for the slackers in the community. How did that happen? Rrrright......(but, it might be/would be considered.....too "controversial and political" if I were to name who was the responsible party here).

Aloha, Mark

I_m_From_The_Govt.jpg

PG&E failed to properly maintain their grid, not ensuring lines were clear of vegetation... Winds come, they, PG&E create a record breaking wildfire, are sued by many if not all who experienced loss... And the right way to handle future incidents is to cut services to customers, not get out there and ensure their lines are clear of vegetation... :s0054:

Well, I suspect they'll be paying out for food spoilage both wholesale, retail and residential... You just can't make this stuff up...

Reading some comments on Fox News, PG&E is not allowed to clear out underbrush or do controlled burns due the environmentalists in California.

Last Edited:
I saw a guy having a drug episode on the sidewalk in MT Vernon the other day.
Lol sitting on a bus bench haveing withdrawal.
Shaking and can't walk or talk.
I kinda thought he was having a medical emergency.
Yesterday we were still at Cannon Beach. There was a street guy having a violent argument with a road sign. I swear it was the same guy I had a weird moment with in Seattle. That guy had a thing with poles too. Vision running into a pole that owes you $20.

Yesterday we were still at Cannon Beach. There was a street guy having a violent argument with a road sign. I swear it was the same guy I had a weird moment with in Seattle. That guy had a thing with poles too. Vision running into a pole that owes you $20.
IMHO, that road sign probably had it coming....:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads