JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As difficult as it is to separate these types of stories politics, we as gun owners have to realize that if we want to retain the 2A we have to embrace anyone who supports it, regardless of their other politics. Like the rest of the Bill of Rights, the 2A should in no way be a partisan issue.

Interesting mix of tropes in the article.

What is noticeably missing is any mention of violence instigated by Antifa/et. al.

Alt-Right: Age of Rage | Netflix
Same thing here, the classic WOE IS ME strategy.

Last time I checked I haven't seen any 1933 NSDAP walking down streets harassing people and I was pretty sure Hitler domed himself in his bunker in 1945. Dunno what this Alt-Right bogey man is but I am sure someones capitalizing off the fear mongering from both sides.

A8357604-7105-4506-AB48-6F5E3FB59CAA.png

I don't agree that there is no threat from far right extremists. There usually are people at the far edge of any movement that use violence as a means to intimidate. This is true of right and left.

"guns are really scary until I'm scared, unless a white man has one. Then it's still scary" for an the TLDR crowd

When the extremes of anything , start to take over how something is viewed , and are perceived as normal or commonplace...then you have trouble.
Violence on the Left...Yes
Violence on the Right..Yes again
Neither of the extreme sides of the political coin are strangers to the use of violence.

But then moderation does not sell newspapers , make headlines , or becomes a viral video.
The fear mongering that goes on in the news , blogs and other social media , does not do anything to help.
Many folks:
Just take the first "hit" of their internet search for information as the whole truth...
Refuse to look beyond the media stereotype...
Only use and quote sources that back up what , whatever idea that they like or want to believe...

Personally I am tired of someone trying to sell me a boogeyman.
Are there folks on the Left who are out to commit violent acts on others in the name of their cause...Yes.
Just like there are people on the Right who are willing to do the same.

Again personally I think that The Bill of Rights is for all US citizens...Whether I agree with them politically or not.*
But as soon as you :
Commit criminal acts...
Or
Use violence to try and force others to your way of thinking...
Then you should also get a chance to experience our legal and justice system...with all of its good , bad and indifference.

*Ironically many of the slogans and symbols from parties and groups of both the extreme Left and Right are taken from groups and forms government that would not allow the anything in the way of protest or Freedom.
It seems to me to be sheer folly to cry for "freedom and Justice" , while carrying a sign with a symbol of a regime that murdered millions.
Andy

When the extremes of anything , start to take over how something is viewed , and are perceived as normal or commonplace...then you have trouble.
Violence on the Left...Yes
Violence on the Right..Yes again
Neither of the extreme sides of the political coin are strangers to the use of violence.

But then moderation does not sell newspapers , make headlines , or becomes a viral video.
The fear mongering that goes on in the news , blogs and other social media , does not do anything to help.
Many folks:
Just take the first "hit" of their internet search for information as the whole truth...
Refuse to look beyond the media stereotype...
Only use and quote sources that back up what , whatever idea that they like or want to believe...

Personally I am tired of someone trying to sell me a boogeyman.
Are there folks on the Left who are out to commit violent acts on others in the name of their cause...Yes.
Just like there are people on the Right who are willing to do the same.

Again personally I think that The Bill of Rights is for all US citizens...Whether I agree with them politically or not.*
But as soon as you :
Commit criminal acts...
Or
Use violence to try and force others to your way of thinking...
Then you should also get a chance to experience our legal and justice system...with all of its good , bad and indifference.

*Ironically many of the slogans and symbols from parties and groups of both the extreme Left and Right are taken from groups and forms governments that would not allow the anything in the way of protest or Freedom.
It seems to me to sheer folly to cry for "freedom and Justice" , while carrying a sign with a symbol of a regime that murdered millions.
Andy

Pertaining to politics... the old adage, "somewhere in the middle lies the truth".

Although that doesn't pan out so well in applied physics... take gravity for instance! ;)

And I might be a little drunk so pass the sauce

Before 7am?! Better get some celery and Tabasco in that Bloody Mary! :D

I don't agree that there is no threat from far right extremists. There usually are people at the far edge of any movement that use violence as a means to intimidate. This is true of right and left.
yes ofcourse you would say that liberals always say its on both sides its a leftist talking point, yet it is heavily one sided check the stats if you would you like to see a score card

Yeah there's no mention of how much, and how openly the leftist (antifa types) promote and encourage violence against the right. Or really anyone who "looks" right.

But I understand Joe's sentiment.
I fully support anyone, regardless of their lifestyle, religious beliefs, race, or politics who choose to support the 2A.
I don't support ANYONE who promotes violence in any way, shape, or form.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top