JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it were to happen, its my duty as a true patriotic American to give my life to fight those bastard tyrants.

Upon OUR victory, all involved with the passing of the confiscation of our arms will be hanged. No trials, just rope.

Sorry folks but we cant keep doing this dance. As Ive said in other posts (and Im not the only one)
There will be a tipping point, That line in the sand is a firm one. Luckily around here they know we'll fight.. Unlike other parts of Oregon and the united states.

I lay low but should my neighbor need my aid his/her fight is also mine as it should be all of our duty to stand with one another.

I have to heartily disagree fd15k. While there may never have been much reaction in the past 150 yrs. the current situation is different. First we have seen how these decisions spread. What has happened in CA,NJ, NY, and CT eventually comes to our states (case in point I-594 here in WA) and we now recognize the importance of fighting them at the source. Next is that we have never before been able to spread information in real time like we do now. We only heard of confiscations in CA after the fact in the past while we now know about them in real time. Last is that we now recognize that there is a very real effort to strip away our right to keep and bear arms which is already well established in recent history. Add all of this up and you end up with a very large group that is very real of citizens/patriots that will no longer stand by and ignore these infringements. A SCOTUS decision right now that effectively dismisses the second amendment would no longer go ignored. The idea that decisions in one state get ignored by the others will be disproved in a few weeks when thousands congregate in CT to support the citizens there that have refused to comply with unconstitutional laws there. Many of those that will be there will be from other states that recognize the importance of fighting these infringements anywhere they occur. I personally know of people from as far as Louisiana that will be there and if I was close enough to be there I would. Instead I will be in Olympia where we will have a support rally for them. (Details will be forthcoming)

If it were to happen, its my duty as a true patriotic American to give my life to fight those bastard tyrants.

Upon OUR victory, all involved with the passing of the confiscation of our arms will be hanged. No trials, just rope.

Sorry folks but we cant keep doing this dance. As Ive said in other posts (and Im not the only one)
There will be a tipping point, That line in the sand is a firm one. Luckily around here they know we'll fight.. Unlike other parts of Oregon and the united states.

I lay low but should my neighbor need my aid his/her fight is also mine as it should be all of our duty to stand with one another.
I don't lay low as I want to stand up and be counted but otherwise my sentiments match up here. (Laying low is out of the question for me now anyway as I'm front and center fighting these infringements)

On a higher level question though, is there any recourse to overturn a SCOTUS ruling? Not specifically an anti-gun one, or something that requires revolution, but any ruling? It is my understanding that once an opinion is rendered, the only recourse is to change the laws to address what was determined in the ruling, right?

On a higher level question though, is there any recourse to overturn a SCOTUS ruling? Not specifically an anti-gun one, or something that requires revolution, but any ruling? It is my understanding that once an opinion is rendered, the only recourse is to change the laws to address what was determined in the ruling, right?

A Constitutional Amendment can overturn any SCOTUS decision, and is the ultimate legal power in our nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_abrogated_U.S._Supreme_Court_decisions

SCOTUS also has overturned quite a few of its own decisions throughout history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overruled_U.S._Supreme_Court_decisions

Last Edited:
I don't lay low as I want to stand up and be counted but otherwise my sentiments match up here. (Laying low is out of the question for me now anyway as I'm front and center fighting these infringements)
Well, perhaps this was misunderstood.
By stating that I lay low I meant that other than attending rallies, being a member of various pro 2A organizations, being outspoken and an OC advocate both in public as well as on the net, that Im a pretty small fish on their radar.. as most of us are. When the time comes, my whole local network of brothers and sister will immediately shut down door to doors I have faith in that. Until those first shots ring out or that line in the sand is crossed my battles are through protest and legislative action.

Because it is well known that the first tactic of the true stealth guerrillero is to make a fire-breathing rant on the internet.

So on one hand, you have the "fantasy scenario" of what supposed "patriots" may do when some legal stuff happens that doesn't affect them (at least at first), without any history of them doing anything ever before. On the other hand, you have the "fantasy scenario" of 150 years of very real legal weirdness that came out of SCOTUS. Yeah, the OP must be living in the fantasy world.

Again, it's a fantasy scenario as to this point in our country's history, one one single amendment within the Bill of Rights has been abolished.

You may believe this country is filled with apathetic fat guys whom like to bolster about the internet with chests puffed out and big talk posts regarding the 2A and would do nothing in the face of such tyranny but I can guarantee if the 2A were abolished, it would get really f-ing ugly, really quick.

Again, it's a fantasy scenario as to this point in our country's history, one one single amendment within the Bill of Rights has been abolished.

You may believe this country is filled with apathetic fat guys whom like to bolster about the internet with chests puffed out and big talk posts regarding the 2A and would do nothing in the face of such tyranny but I can guarantee if the 2A were abolished, it would get really f-ing ugly, really quick.

Never said abolished. Interpreted into void, at least the carry part. It has been done before, it can be done again :)

A Constitutional Amendment can overturn any SCOTUS decision, and is the ultimate legal power in our nation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_abrogated_U.S._Supreme_Court_decisions

SCOTUS also has overturned quite a few of its own decisions throughout history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overruled_U.S._Supreme_Court_decisions

Why would we need a Constitutional Amendment to overturn a SCOTUS decision about a Constitutional Amendment, if a Constitutional Amendment is already the "ultimate legal power in our nation"?

The Supreme Court has NO authority to regulate Constitutional Rights from the bench.
In fact, they have NO authority to even take cases related to TRTKABA, as that Right, already affirmed in our original Bill of Rights, is a Right given reserved for the People. Not the Federal Government, nor the States.

Any rulings made by any government agency regarding RKBA is power usurped, stolen from the rightful owners of that Right, We the People.
All gun control measures are therefore unlawful and illegal under our Supreme Law, the Constitution.

Why would we need a Constitutional Amendment to overturn a SCOTUS decision about a Constitutional Amendment, if a Constitutional Amendment is already the "ultimate legal power in our nation"?

The Supreme Court has NO authority to regulate Constitutional Rights from the bench.
In fact, they have NO authority to even take cases related to TRTKABA, as that Right, already affirmed in our original Bill of Rights, is a Right given reserved for the People. Not the Federal Government, nor the States.

Any rulings made by any government agency regarding RKBA is power usurped, stolen from the rightful owners of that Right, We the People.
All gun control measures are therefore unlawful and illegal under our Supreme Law, the Constitution.

Authority of SCOTUS to interpret the Constitution is the established law for 211 years now, denying that is simply stupid.

Authority of SCOTUS to interpret the Constitution is the established law for 211 years now, denying that is simply stupid.

Nonsense.
Who determined that the SC has the authority to rule (?!) over or restrict our Second Amendment Rights?
I'm guessing it was the SC. Power usurpation is nothing new.

The Second Amendment is a Right reserved for the People.
Only a repeal of that Amendment, via Constitutional Convention, would nullify or change that Right.

As a branch of the Federal Government, the SCOTUS has no authority under the Constitution to restrict a Right specifically reserved for the People. Why do you think that the Second Amendment is worded the way it is? It's because any Right not delegated to the People IS the domain of the Federal Government or the (several) States.

What good would the Second Amendment serve, as a last resort against Government Tyranny, if the Government (through it's Supreme Court toadies) could strip that right from the People on a whim?
Clearly, this is why the Right was affirmed to the People.

The fact that infringement dates back to earlier times does not make it correct or lawful.
Obviously, this pot has been heating up for a very long time...

Nonsense.
Who determined that the SC has the authority to rule (?!) over or restrict our Second Amendment Rights?
I'm guessing it was the SC. Power usurpation is nothing new.

The Second Amendment is a Right reserved for the People.
Only a repeal of that Amendment, via Constitutional Convention, would nullify or change that Right.

As a branch of the Federal Government, the SCOTUS has no authority under the Constitution to restrict a Right specifically reserved for the People. Why do you think that the Second Amendment is worded the way it is? It's because any Right not delegated to the People IS the domain of the Federal Government or the (several) States.

What good would the Second Amendment serve, as a last resort against Government Tyranny, if the Government (through it's Supreme Court toadies) could strip that right from the People on a whim?
Clearly, this is why the Right was affirmed to the People.

The fact that infringement dates back to earlier times does not make it correct or lawful.
Obviously, this pot has been heating up for a very long time...

Often times a phrase "founders intended" is used in discussing the Constitution. Nobody can be really sure what founders intended in many cases, thus the following statements are often speculations, deduced from the historical context. One thing is clear though, when the Judicial Review was established in Marbury v. Madison, founders were around and only Thomas Jefferson had a problem with it. Otherwise, if majority of them didn't intend for Judicial Review to be the power of SCOTUS, they could have changed it right there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top