JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the American people or rather the population of the US to do anything about anything, we'd first have to pull together and agree on something! We're incredibly divided on everything from race (which in the day and age we live in is ridiculous) that some people will never see past, basic demographics, gender, and religion. Comfortable people won't do anything for fear of losing their stuff. Then you'd have to discount the armchair generals who talk a good fight and have lots of firepower but would never pull the trigger and act also because of the fear of losing all their stuff, or because they actually agree with what is happening!

There will be the people who want to take peaceful action, then there will be the nuts who want seek retribution on all and everyone that they think has somehow wronged them.

China currently owns the US debt, the sad excuse for an empire the US built is already in decline,areas of government are talking about scraping public education (sending us back to the stone age, keeping us stupid and in perpetual fear). Sick people are up to their eyeballs in debt because of bills they incurred because they were sick. People want to take away women's rights (which makes me wonder what their problem is with Communism and China!? and if that's the life they want for their wives and daughters why not move to those countries). By way of development we're actually moving backwards, and aren't too far away from where we started. One might say the S*** Has Been Hitting The Fan for a while, largely because someone suggested we should be afraid of change. I suspect however we'll do nothing positive about it, and continue to blame, black people, Mexicans, Jews, Muslims, Women and Atheists. And of course Liberals or Republicans, although why we can't see each other as free people, exercising free thought in the country of our fathers instead of resorting to labeling each other is beyond me, and likely the biggest excuse we'll have for doing nothing.

Hatred, racism between races and groups is the calling card of our owners (the Oligarchs). They know when we spend 99% of our time fighting amongst ourselves we will never turn our attention their way.

Their locked down media promotes nothing but fear and hate. The whole Zimmerman trial is a good example. Distractions while they go about with their important business in plain sight.

Florida shoplifting suspect: 'You will have to shoot through the baby to get me'

Published July 17, 2013Associated Press

PENSACOLA, Fla. – A Pensacola woman has been arrested after authorities say they tried arrest her for shoplifting and she threw the baby at a deputy as she tried to escape.
Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said Ashley Taylor Wright tried to smuggle about $260 worth of clothing from a Dillard's dressing room. Deputies approached her car in the parking lot Monday night and asked her to get out.
Authorities said the 23-year-old told the deputy, "You will have to shoot through the baby to get me." She then allegedly ran from the car and threw the car seat with the baby inside at the deputy. The infant was not injured. Two other young children were also in the car.
The Pensacola News Journal reports Wright faces several charges including child abuse

Trust the corporate media. All is well and there is nothing but great times ahead for all of us, except ...

#1 According to the World Bank, U.S. GDP accounted for 31.8 percent of all global economic activity in 2001. That number dropped to 21.6 percent in 2011.

#2 The United States was once ranked #1 in the world in GDP per capita. Today we have slipped to #14.

#3 The United States has fallen in the global economic competitiveness rankings compiled by the World Economic Forum for four years in a row.

#4 Since the year 2000, the size of the U.S. national debt has grown by more than 11 trillion dollars.

#5 Back in the year 2000, our trade deficit with China was 83 billion dollars. Last year, it was 315 billion dollars.

#6 In the year 2000, about 17 million Americans were employed in manufacturing. Today, only about 12 million Americans are employed in manufacturing.

#7 The United States has lost more than 56,000 manufacturing facilities since 2001.

#8 The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#9 Between December 2000 and December 2010, 38 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Ohio were lost, 42 percent of the manufacturing jobs in North Carolina were lost and 48 percent of the manufacturing jobs in Michigan were lost.

#10 Back in 1998, the United States had 25 percent of the world's high-tech export market and China had just 10 percent. Today, China's high-tech exports are more than twice the size of U.S. high-tech exports.

#11 In 2002, the United States had a trade deficit in "advanced technology products" of $16 billion with the rest of the world. In 2010, that number skyrocketed to $82 billion.

#12 The United States has lost more than a quarter of all of its high-tech manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#13 The number of full-time workers in the United States is nearly 6 million below the old record that was set back in 2007.

#14 The average duration of unemployment in the United States is nearly three times as long as it was back in the year 2000.

#15 Throughout the year 2000, more than 64 percent of all working age Americans had a job. Today, only 58.7 percent of all working age Americans have a job.

#16 The official unemployment rate has been at 7.5 percent or higher for 54 months in a row. That is the longest stretch in U.S. history.

#17 The U.S. government says that the number of Americans "not in the labor force" rose by 17.9 million between 2000 and 2011. During the entire decade of the 1980s, the number of Americans "not in the labor force" rose by only 1.7 million.

#18 The average number of hours worked per employed person per year has fallen by about 100 since the year 2000.

#19 The U.S. economy continues to trade good paying jobs for low paying jobs. 60 percent of the jobs lost during the last recession were mid-wage jobs, but 58 percent of the jobs created since then have been low wage jobs.

#20 The U.S. economy lost more than 220,000 small businesses during the recent recession.

#21 The percentage of Americans that are self-employed has steadily declined over the past decade and is now at an all-time low.

#22 According to economist Tim Kane, the following is how the number of startup jobs per 1000 Americans breaks down by presidential administration...

Bush Sr.: 11.3

Clinton: 11.2

Bush Jr.: 10.8

Obama: 7.8

#23 In the year 2000, there were only 17 million Americans on food stamps. Today, there are more than 47 million Americans on food stamps.

#24 In the year 2000, the ratio of social welfare benefits to salaries and wages was approximately 21 percent. Today, the ratio of social welfare benefits to salaries and wages is approximately 35 percent.

#25 Since Barack Obama entered the White House, the average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States has risen from $1.85 to $3.64.

#26 More than twice as many new homes were sold in the United States in 2005 as will be sold in 2013.

#27 Right now there are 20.2 million Americans that spend more than half of their incomes on housing. That represents a 46 percent increase from 2001.

#28 The price of ground beef increased by 61 percent between 2002 and 2012.

#29 According to USA Today, water bills have actually tripled over the past 12 years in some areas of the country.

#30 In 1999, 64.1 percent of all Americans were covered by employment-based health insurance. Today, only 55.1 percent are covered by employment-based health insurance.

#31 Median household income in the United States has fallen for four years in a row.

#32 As I mentioned recently, the homeownership rate in America is now at its lowest level in nearly 18 years.

#33 Back in the year 2000, the mortgage delinquency rate was about 2 percent. Today, it is nearly 10 percent.

#34 Median household income for families with children dropped by a whopping $6,300 between 2001 and 2011.

#35 Back in 2007, about 28 percent of all working families were considered to be among "the working poor". Today, that number is up to 32 percent even though our politicians tell us that the economy is supposedly recovering.

#36 According to the Federal Reserve, the median net worth of families in the United States declined "from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010".

#37 According to the New York Times, the average debt burden for U.S. households that earn $20,000 a year or less "more than doubled to $26,000 between 2001 and 2010".

#38 Medicare spending increased by 138 percent between 1999 and 2010.

#39 During Obama's first term, the federal government accumulated more debt than it did under the first 42 U.S presidents combined.

#40 Today, more than a million public school students in the United States are homeless. This is the first time that has ever happened in our history. That number has risen by 57 percent since the 2006-2007 school year.

- Economic Collapse Blog (credit source)

I'm probably in the minority at NWFA, because I don't believe that we'll see a true collapse. I definitely believe we're in the early stages of a dramatic decline, but I don't think we'll wind up having an SHTF scenario as many people view it. I recognize that it is entirely possible, but I believe that the U.S. addiction to structure and convenience won't allow more than a political reset and permanent economic tier drop. I don't think the masses here are hardy enough to try to live without a powerful, Big Government. If one group fell, these people would throw themselves at the feet of anyone who promised the next gen iPhone, and a return to regularly scheduled Kardashian programs.

Having said all of that, I believe that we should, as a nation, reestablish a Minute Man tradition. I believe in raising our children and future generations so that they have the skills, awareness, and fortitude to be the keepers of this nation. Whether an armed revolt is necessary in my lifetime is not critical to me. So long as it is a possible necessity for future generations, I believe that it is up to us to keep a tradition in place that puts them in position to do so, if that is ever what is called for.

I guess the point of this post is simply to say, I think that we have to live as though it could happen, and must raise future generations with the awareness that it could happen.

Not bad.
You surprised me. Pleasantly I might say.

Holder is breaking the law to prevent Zman from recovering his property
Detroit has a 58 minute response to a 911 call due to mechanical breakdowns
and the city is Bankrupt
Obama just gave a Poisoned speech, on a Friday afternoon, during a heatwave, that will likely plunge cities (like Detroit) into chaos which may become a Tipping Point.
TSHHTF

Hatred, racism between races and groups is the calling card of our owners (the Oligarchs). They know when we spend 99% of our time fighting amongst ourselves we will never turn our attention their way.

Their locked down media promotes nothing but fear and hate. The whole Zimmerman trial is a good example. Distractions while they go about with their important business in plain sight.

How many non whites do you honestly see fighting against an increasingly anti white police state? Contraire they love it

I don't like that the country is in as much debt as it is, for much of this, I blame the democratic congress of 2007-2010 and Obama for making this situation 1000% worse. However, what happens when you overspend? You go through some lean times, pay off your debts and then once your debts are paid off you make repairs to the things that you couldn't when you were broke, and then you try to live within your means.

None of these things create the conditions of economic collapse.

If you want to argue that the raising of interest rates by the fed will create an economic collapse? Maybe, but probably not, one thing it will definitely do is drive down housing prices (which is actually what I'm waiting for). So I'm sorry for all you suckers who are expecting your house to be your retirement plan.

The problem we are facing right now is one of overvalued commodities (gold, oil, housing, etc) and one of an undervalued dollar. It's going to be quite painful for people whose priorities are out of whack when the correction comes. But will it result in a collapse? Not likely.

The forces that are currently in play are those of anti-federalism, the states are asserting themselves more and more against the federal government and the federal government has so overspent itself, it is more dependent on the states than it has ever been, and this reliance is one of the things the states are pushing back against. Look at how many states have not set up an in-state insurance exchange under the affordable care act, it's more than half. So what happens when the IRS is going to be tacking fees on to people who can't afford insurance, and the state hasn't set up an exchange? My guess... people are going to be mad at the feds.

I definitely agree that there is a trend towards fantasy collapse scenarios, this is one of the reason I stopped reading survivalblog and many of the other survival related blog sites, as most of the content is written by people who have zero experience with the topics they are covering in their writings, and it's presented as an authoritative source.

I may be a wacky survivalist/prepper but I'm also a student of history and a studious analyst of all information. When the "official media" tells me the economy is suddenly getting better, and the "alternative media" is telling me a collapse is immanent I really just need to look and see there is "media" in the title and learn not to trust them, and instead apply my own thoughts and experiences.

What I can tell you, at least for the moment is I'm going to go back to work bubblegumting hundred dollar bills.

Racial conflicts go back to day one in the garden. It's simply one tool in the banksters arsenal, by flooding homogenous 1st world nations with 3rd world outsiders and fomenting envy. And if you are on the receiving end you have no choice but to fight back or die

Fantasy scenerios are all around us but if one peeks under the hype one will find that Zombies, just as Spacemen decades before, are the PC term for the an external threat, in this case the Unproductive Class.
There are Revolutionaries running the US Government and a Revolutionary's job is the permanent destruction of the status quo, fundamental transformation, regardless of the consequences.
Today the world is vastly LESS free than it was before 9-11, the world economy is vastly less vigorous, The western world is vastly more threatened by fascist states and nukes in the hands of madmen. In short Nothing is improving for the average joe.

Fantasy scenerios are all around us but if one peeks under the hype one will find that Zombies, just as Spacemen decades before, are the PC term for the an external threat, in this case the Unproductive Class.
There are Revolutionaries running the US Government and a Revolutionary's job is the permanent destruction of the status quo, fundamental transformation, regardless of the consequences.
Today the world is vastly LESS free than it was before 9-11, the world economy is vastly less vigorous, The western world is vastly more threatened by fascist states and nukes in the hands of madmen. In short Nothing is improving for the average joe.

I am a professional historian and a former intelligence officer. Rather than try to convince or persuade any one with my informed and educated professional opinion and analysis I shall distill it down to a movie quote. We all love movie quotes: " Johnny Ringo, there will be a reckoning!

Brutus out

I am a professional historian and a former intelligence officer. Rather than try to convince or persuade any one with my informed and educated professional opinion and analysis I shall distill it down to a movie quote. We all love movie quotes: " Johnny Ringo, there will be a reckoning!

Brutus out

I think the one I like better:

"YOU BLEW IT UP! YOU BLEW IT ALL UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!"

The fact of the matter is, the course of the country will be based on the attitudes and the participation of the voters, anyone who says this does no good just needs to look to the current immigration debate going on in washington, despite the support of John McClown and Lindsey Gramnesty the whole thing has gone no-where. I'm sure the democrats are going to bring it up in the mid-terms and I'm hoping they will be punished for it.

TBH I don't think SHTF will hit the fan to such an extent that I will need to actively protect myself (ie no longer going to work due to economical/political instability). But I still use SHTF as an excuse to buy excessive amounts of ammo and guns...

TBH I don't think SHTF will hit the fan to such an extent that I will need to actively protect myself (ie no longer going to work due to economical/political instability). But I still use SHTF as an excuse to buy excessive amounts of ammo and guns...

Eddy:
I hope your right but just remember those Korean shop owners who had the foresight to own Ballistic vests and (legal) Uzis during the Rodney King Riots. Of course they can no longer protect their lively hoods in the same way today because they have been dis-armed. They may be allowed to use bamboo staffs like their serf/slave ancestors did under China controlled Korea centuries ago, or maybe not.
Keep in mind that Oregon follows California in every way, every way, Kitzhaber is a flaming Progressive Communist, Some of your senators/congressmen don't even live in OR any more.

If it is protecting from other non-military personal I think I'll fare just fine (let's be honest, if we're even reading this thread we have thought about this more than the average joe), but if a foreign military invades (the odds are slim) I'm done, they can do what they want. There is no way civilians can standup to a foreign military power (strength in numbers just gives them a bigger target to bomb).

Looking at what I have stocked, I am really only prepared for a zombie apocalypse... Hollywood zombie survival that is.

but if a foreign military invades (the odds are slim) I'm done, they can do what they want. There is no way civilians can standup to a foreign military power (strength in numbers just gives them a bigger target to bomb).

Looking at what I have stocked, I am really on prepared for a zombie apocalypse...[/QUOTE]

I am not truly concerned about the ability of a foreign power to WIN a war here.... First off, many "civilians" in this country are vets. Also many others are pretty damn good shots. It is NOT easy to project power overseas. Heck, The Russians lived right next door to Afghanistan and arguably they had the most powerful land Army in the world at the time....they lost, badly, without being restrained by politicians worried about collateral damage or public opinion till the end. We have vast regions of mountains, timber, rivers and deserts. The farther inland they come the farther their supply lines get and the less they can "live off the land". What do you think will happen to the irrigated land east of the Cascade/Coast ranges when the water is turned off? Imagine if the challenge if interstate highways are no longer usable. It might take 10 years but unless sarin or other WMDS are used.... American rebels IMHO as a student of military history and a former intelligence officer have a good chance of prevailing. Remember too that these invaders will be made up of conscripts... Keeping morale up while "civilians" with 06s, 7MM magnum, .338 Lapuas and bigger sniper style rifles harass them on our ground. No cake walk unless they are "invited" by our government. Not to mention trying to fight here with what they might have left after dealing with our Navy, AF, Army, USMC, and especially our subs. Airlift you say.... still tough. The Americans I am familiar from our history, are nasty, determined and heartless cast iron bastidges when backed in to a corner defending our own. There will be blood, no doubt, lots of it on both sides but I like our odds even with "citizens" vs the Chicoms or the Russkies. This ain't Poland or South Korea. And did I mention fading in to Canada across that unguarded open 2500 mile border....they gonna invade Canada too? They just more than doubled the real estate they need to control and added at least several hundred thousand more armed "civilians" they have to subject. Nobody likes the idea of invading the US after they start factoring all the variables and terrain in to the equation. Attempt, sure, conquer....probably not. Only with WMDs.

Brutus Out

Too many variables, my head's about to explode.
Hindsight: I probably agree with you, unless a country fully delegates all of their resources into attacking another country, they will most likely be unsuccessful.
I cant think right now, too tired...

ac-130-deploying-flares.jpg

article-1259151-08C6CD48000005DC-429_468x286.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads