JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be careful what you wish for, the same technology could make firearms obsolete with a force field belt or something similar. A tyrant's dream

They have been around for a while now. The military and it's contractors have been testing them out for some time. I read about them in an issue of Popular Science years ago. If I remember correctly the whole platform was built around a nano motor supplying power to a soldiers gear which included a protective forcefield.

Even if there are "force fields" and "body armor" like from the episode of ST:TNG The Most Toys (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

There will always be encounters which a weapon, any weapon, will make a difference.
Rocks, Beer Steins, pointy sticks. Arena (episode) - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

What will be illuminating will be the 2nd amendment arguments of the personal use of energy weapons. Even if you won't vaporize the bad guy as the phasers can do in ST:TOS.

How about personal railguns?

It's not like we haven't see rocket powered bullets, or exploding ammo(available in 12 ga for shot guns now)

Lots of tech is coming, soon.

Offensive and IR lasers are already banned from private ownership as are microwave weapons. All can be made at home by a moderately competent tecchie, although it's illegal. Our overlords will never let us in the club. It's been the one fear in all this that they will eventually totally outclass us in weapons and tech but I also am a believer in prophecy and that says we're going to win this one, albeit at great cost

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but 'The Examiner" is the worst site on the the weberneter for me.
I can't even get there without too much BS pop ups that I get at no other site
Tell me what I'm doing wrong

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews