JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they build a replicator, I'll believe the technological end of gun control could happen. When you can insert a card or command from a keyboard for a machine to produce a firearm and ammunition for that firearm at minimal cost and with common materials, it will be all over. But, that would be Star Trek....

Technology started with stone and fire.
The computer is just the latest evidence of our advancement with stone and fire.
The ability to make a firearm doesn't take an advanced culture. A hammer, drill, grinder, etc.

When they build a replicator, I'll believe the technological end of gun control could happen. When you can insert a card or command from a keyboard for a machine to produce a firearm and ammunition for that firearm at minimal cost and with common materials, it will be all over. But, that would be Star Trek....

Even in Star Trek there were safeties in place to prevent people from replicating a weapon verbatium. The reality is 3D printing. In 10-15 years it will be less expensive, and more reliable. So creating a firearm at home will be easier than ever. Already you can make many other weapons or destructive devices at home, so the point is somewhat moot.

Computers are not the end all be all in technology.
So, come on read the article, watch the video, you can use some of your technology.
So....
With a hacksaw, file, and a hand drill I can build a gun from junk in my garage.
The video shows gun makers in Pakistan.

Even in Star Trek there were safeties in place to prevent people from replicating a weapon verbatium. The reality is 3D printing. In 10-15 years it will be less expensive, and more reliable. So creating a firearm at home will be easier than ever. Already you can make many other weapons or destructive devices at home, so the point is somewhat moot.

Nice first post....

So are you saying that technology has already killed gun control, or are you arguing that in Star Trek they implemented safeties on replicators inhibiting the production of weapons?

Crowd sourcing a 3D printer and the materials to build more printers to build firearms

Buying a 3D printer. $2000
Using a 3D printer to print a warehouse full of 3D printers to print a stockpile firearms. Priceless.
For everything else . . .

Sounds like some Terminator type sh*t. or maybe not so distant future? :s0114:

Be careful what you wish for, the same technology could make firearms obsolete with a force field belt or something similar. A tyrant's dream

Yes, I mean an energy field. They have already created an invisibility cloak
What is the difference between Kevlar versus an energy field, from your perspective? Effectively you survive at a capacity which allows you to continue fighting back in that moment.

Do you feel defensive technology is more threatening than offensive (weaponry, firearm, lazrz pew pew, etc.)?

What is the difference between Kevlar versus an energy field, from your perspective? Effectively you survive at a capacity which allows you to continue fighting back in that moment.

Do you feel defensive technology is more threatening than offensive (weaponry, firearm, lazrz pew pew, etc.)?

Defensive technology that makes our RKBAs obsolete is definitely a threat to liberty. I would assume the tech would be very expensive and yet readily available to tyrants, and also banned from private ownership as is Infra Red laser tech

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top