JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've read two cases today, one where he was convicted of a felony, the other where he was acquitted.

This is esp. a problem if you OC. But even CCW, all someone has to do is say black handgun was pointed at me, which is what most carry.

I solved that problem by having my personal defense pistols refinished in Nickel Teflon.

DSC04510a.jpg

I know exactly what you mean! What did I do to get the ire up? or am I just unlucky that day In the wrong place, the wrong time? The last thing I am going to do is provoke, so I walk away if possible!

When in a one on one confrontation this is exactly what everyone should do. Ancient social concepts like defending your "honor" to someone you've never met is ridiculous.

In more common occurrences where there may be others present like someone violating another person or someone disrespecting property or basic human decency it shouldn't be tolerated, but due to the prevailing attitude & litigiousness of society you are opening yourself up to retribution from the indecent offender, as well as potential criminal & civil liability if things go south.

I believe this is just one small aspect of why society has gotten to the current point it is in now. Too many immoral reactionaries allowed to run rampant while those who would protect social decency (and I'm not talking about religious tenets (although some could be), I'm referring to things like people dumping trash in the street, petty theft, screaming at people for perceived slights, etc.) are open to being turned into the perpetrator.

I sincerely hope that parents of the next generation or so can push things towards common decency, without going so far as to return to extremes of persecuting "sins of vice". It seems there can never be a sane middle ground.

Good points on the laser question and the obvious markings. I ordered two body cams and some spare battery packs and sd cards. The recorders record up to 8 hours each and I got one that looks like a pen in the pocket and one that's a little more obvious but still compact. Not something I would necessarily have recording all the time, but would feel better to have on me and have it start recording at the click of a button when some kind of issue arises.

When in a one on one confrontation this is exactly what everyone should do. Ancient social concepts like defending your "honor" to someone you've never met is ridiculous.

In more common occurrences where there may be others present like someone violating another person or someone disrespecting property or basic human decency it shouldn't be tolerated, but due to the prevailing attitude & litigiousness of society you are opening yourself up to retribution from the indecent offender, as well as potential criminal & civil liability if things go south.

I believe this is just one small aspect of why society has gotten to the current point it is in now. Too many immoral reactionaries allowed to run rampant while those who would protect social decency (and I'm not talking about religious tenets (although some could be), I'm referring to things like people dumping trash in the street, petty theft, screaming at people for perceived slights, etc.) are open to being turned into the perpetrator.

I sincerely hope that parents of the next generation or so can push things towards common decency, without going so far as to return to extremes of persecuting "sins of vice". It seems there can never be a sane middle ground.

Missed this. Welcome to one of the biggest reasons I don't want kids. I wouldn't wish this world on my worst enemy, let alone kids, who will likely be branded felons for keeping more than a 3" kitchen knives in their homes while they are taxed at 70% to support their own enslavement and oppression, in a world where only cops and criminals have guns and it's difficult to tell the difference between them.

Missed this. Welcome to one of the biggest reasons I don't want kids. I wouldn't wish this world on my worst enemy, let alone kids, who will likely be branded felons for keeping more than a 3" kitchen knives in their homes while they are taxed at 70% to support their own enslavement and oppression, in a world where only cops and criminals have guns and it's difficult to tell the difference between them.

And as sad and oxymoronic as it is, this is also a leading reason why it's getting exponentially worse. Those who should have kids to properly raise and educate them are not. Instead a large majority are complacent or are totally invested in the current status quo narrative of "government save us from ourselves" & too busy watching sports or the Kardashians to raise their 10 kids. Or worse, all that plus a toxic religious ideology.

If I am pointing my gun at someone; they did something that alarmed me to the point that I needed to point a gun at them. And if that person alarmed me enough for me to pull it out, they are likely considering their options for traumatic wound care.

Everywhere we go there are at least 10 cameras recording what you are doing. Some are mounted and some are in people's pockets. Good detective work is going to take care of false allegations of any kind by some Socially Retarded Moms Demand Action who throws a hissy fit over a bulge in your t-shirt. The 26 people standing around you should be able to immediately tell the police officers exactly what happened and combined with about 8 people's iPhone video showing the crazy lady losing her shiizznityy should get you pretty well exonerated.

Some moron screaming at his trashy girlfriend in the Fred Meyer? Call the cops and watch the show. Some moron pulls out his pistol and the checkout counter because he is angry at double coupon day being cancelled while arguing with the checkout girl? Well..... Not every gun is a gun problem, but not every problem is NOT a gun problem either.

Lastly, If you are in a place that you are carrying and not supposed to.... Well, big boy rules apply...

And as sad and oxymoronic as it is, this is also a leading reason why it's getting exponentially worse. Those who should have kids to properly raise and educate them are not. Instead a large majority are complacent or are totally invested in the current status quo narrative of "government save us from ourselves" & too busy watching sports or the Kardashians to raise their 10 kids. Or worse, all that plus a toxic religious ideology.

Yep. My brother and I are very financially successful, yet neither one of us has or wants kids. Instead, who do I see having kids? The welfare moochers, high school drop outs, idiots and just down right trashy people that we all have to support. Good to know I pay more in taxes than the median household income in the US so I can subsidize this idiocy. Sadly, the morons are far greater in number...There is no way to counteract it. The advent of grocery stores and a "justice" system has enabled the survival and spread of stupidity with absolute impunity.

My goal at this point is just to try to make it through life without these leeches voting their way into more of my money or being imprisoned as a result of this so called justice system.

Amazing, you need a permit to buy a gun, but not one to pop out 14 kids you can't take care of. I've thought about running for office, but it's a losing battle. How do you get up there and tell people that this insanity will stop, when the majority are the benefactors of this stupidity? Not a ton of people who are going to vote for someone who says, "Go to college or trade school, pay those student loans back, get a job, everyone is personally responsible for themselves and their families" when the vast majority want to vote for the person who is handing out free money taken at gun point from others who worked for it in exchange for votes.

Yep. My brother and I are very financially successful, yet neither one of us has or wants kids. Instead, who do I see having kids? The welfare moochers, high school drop outs, idiots and just down right trashy people that we all have to support.

Well, it is not just happening here in the USA, but all across the industrialized Western World.

On the other hand though, abortions and even birth control are illegal in nations with an Islamic government. Women in those nations are pretty much forced to have as many kids as possible. Even in Turkey, one of the most modern Islamic states, they recently past a law requiring women to have a minimum of 3 children in order to receive 100% of their retirements benefits when they retire. And they also past tax exemptions and subsidies to further encourage citizens to have more kids. And as modern as Turkey is, abortion is strictly forbidden there, and is considered to be murder.

Of course, go to reactionary nations like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, and women are virtually forced to become baby making machines in those countries.

Islam will eventually conquer and dominate the world through reproduction.

People just don't have respect for others these days. Years ago you might have been taught respect after getting your bubblegum kicked by someone else. That might have taught you not to tell on someone else. But these days, people are encouraged to tell on others. You see the signs on the freeway to report a speeder, lane violater or you can anonymously turn in a neighbor. You are always hearing about false accusations made by someone; which many times will ruin the accused. Once the accusation is made, many people will believe that you did whatever the charge is. I guess I'm glad that I'm old, this world that we live in now is getting really sad.

The false accusation made in the heat of a deteriorating domestic relationship, there's the elephant in the room. What are ya gonna do?

About carrying, if you've ever been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of an armed robbery and live through it, believe me, it'll change your attitude real fast from "oh, la-de-da" to "never again". It sure did mine.

Funny, the only weapon I carry that is exposed in the open is a little MK-II can of OC/CS, and nobody even notices. There is so much intense misery in that little can, they have no idea.

Finally the only weapon I have wished I'd carried but didn't have with me on several occasions has been my Taser. The thing is about as big as a G-21 in all dimensions but with a much shorter grip; it is just about impossible to carry any other way than on the belt and that doesn't work, about 6 months out of the year. They are obvious and everybody knows what they are, even little kids. But for most situations it's the perfect response to less than-lethal threats.

The false accusation made in the heat of a deteriorating domestic relationship, there's the elephant in the room. What are ya gonna do?

Yes, but the thing is this: the authorities are virtually always going to side with the woman in such cases. She will be granted an ex parte restraining order, and you will probably be facing having all of your firearms and ammunition seized. You will then have to hire an attorney and fight in court, to argue that her allegations are false, in order to prevent the restraining order from becoming permanent, and hopefully getting your guns back.

And there is bias in the system, no doubt about that. The man is often assumed to be guilty, and can find it almost impossible to prove his innocence beyond a doubt. A man can thus find himself in a sort of legal limbo, with no evidence to backup and prove the false allegations, but also not being able to convince the authorities that he is innocent.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top