JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, my name is James Paredes-Bravo. I am attempting to gain some insight on the legality behind offering and charging for a weapons Familiarization class in the State of Oregon. I wish to educate and introduce safe weapons handling to the Salem/Keizer community, with a special focus on the Spanish speaking, (Hispanic/Latino) community. I am Bilingual with 6+ years of military experience and training with firearms.

I wish to know of any steps required by the state of Oregon to accomplish this goal. Any information you can provide is welcomed and highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time and all your knowledge.

Hello everyone, my name is James Paredes-Bravo. I am attempting to gain some insight on the legality behind offering and charging for a weapons Familiarization class in the State of Oregon. I wish to educate and introduce safe weapons handling to the Salem/Keizer community, with a special focus on the Spanish speaking, (Hispanic/Latino) community. I am Bilingual with 6+ years of military experience and training with firearms.

I wish to know of any steps required by the state of Oregon to accomplish this goal. Any information you can provide is welcomed and highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time and all your knowledge.
If Measure 114 passes and you get approved by LE agency to do training, you might get more work than you can handle.

I'll just say that I like your idea of getting as many people from various walks of life and languages into the pro-freedom self defense community.

Have any Spanish language No on 114 ads been distributed in Oregon?

Might want to contact the NRA and inquire on how to become a certified instructor, as well as learning what benefits they might offer, as well as support

I'll just say that I like your idea of getting as many people from various walks of life and languages into the pro-freedom self defense community.

Have any Spanish language No on 114 ads been distributed in Oregon?
Thank you, and no I have not seen any personally.

Might want to contact the NRA and inquire on how to become a certified instructor, as well as learning what benefits they might offer, as well as support

If Measure 114 passes and you get approved by LE agency to do training, you might get more work than you can handle.
Wow I had not even considered that! So if 114 passes your local LE agency needs to approve you to train?

Liability insurance would be a huge one to make sure to have. If someone falls in a parking lot that is one thing. If there are functional firearms allowed the risk and potential for very expensive bad outcomes is higher. Will the place (s) that you plan on hosting these allow it?

Wow I had not even considered that! So if 114 passes your local LE agency needs to approve you to train?
Yes, that's what the "geniuses" up in Portland who wrote that ridiculous ballot measure put into it…. because only the police are the arbiters of all things firearms… even though they want to defund the police because they're patriarchal racists….

:rolleyes:

If you are doing it for profit, and depending under what name you plan to do business, you might need to register your business name with the state. Check here:

LE, or approval from anyone else isn't needed to give a familiarization and safety class. If someone would like to teach an accredited course that meets the Oregon CHL requirements, he would need to meet the requirements for a CHL instructor. The complete criterion for a 114 compliant course do not exist at this time. The framers imply, but do not specify or require that the legislature will develop those specifications.

As long as someone isn't teaching toward some type of certification, the only thing needed is a place to give the class and students. If you're going to make it a business, some type of certification will most likely get you more credibility. I would recommend NRA certification or certification from some other recognized organization. I would think that range RO certification would be a good first step. You can attend safety courses at many clubs and I would think that would give you a good starting point.

I applaud your efforts to educate others that many not be comfortable in a setting where the don't fully understand English. The CHL course is a good start, but it only covers the Oregon CHL requirements, and not necessarily comprehensive firearms safety.

If you are doing it for profit, and depending under what name you plan to do business, you might need to register your business name with the state. Check here:

Thank you very much😁

Liability insurance would be a huge one to make sure to have. If someone falls in a parking lot that is one thing. If there are functional firearms allowed the risk and potential for very expensive bad outcomes is higher. Will the place (s) that you plan on hosting these allow it?
No places yet. I'm literally brainstorming this as we speak. Thank you very much for your input.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top