JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly, I believe it will involve an even larger number of Paris, London, Florida and San Bernardino type attacks here on US soil, lots of them. Personal assaults by refugees in so-called sanctuary cities, too. Big, big numbers - way beyond what's already happening.

Once this country is slipping even faster down the irreversible slippery slope it's already on, it might sink in through even the thickest douche-knot that a self-defense weapon I purchase at Bi-Mart to keep safely holstered under my loose shirt or secured at home is NOT the problem.

After a sufficient number of skinny jeaned citizens in Starbucks are harmed by idealistic religious fanatics coming here for the specific purpose of destroying western culture, it might occur to some of the shrill antis that owning a weapon (and being glad that I do too) is not such a bad idea.

And only then might they vote for something other than free tuition, $15 no-skill jobs and porous (non-existent) borders.

Last Edited:
The 2A is as strong as any other amendment. It is a political football. I feel, and with many examples to back this up, that we gun people often hurt and damage our cause with the things we say. It must sometimes re-enforce the position of the anti's. I certainly dont advocate "turning the other cheek" but I do believe a more civilized response to anti's would provide them with less ammunition to return fire with.

The 2A is as strong as any other amendment. It is a political football. I feel, and with many examples to back this up, that we gun people often hurt and damage our cause with the things we say. It must sometimes re-enforce the position of the anti's. I certainly dont advocate "turning the other cheek" but I do believe a more civilized response to anti's would provide them with less ammunition to return fire with.

The anti's don't play by, nor have ANY compunction to practice civility. Even if we don't "manage" to give them "amunition" they just make sheite up anyway. You're talking about a megalomaniacal demographic that firmly believes that the ends justify the means.

Eventually it'll be "total war", sadly.

Last Edited:
The anti's don't play by, nor have ANY compunction to practice civility. Even if we don't "manage" to give them "amunition" they just make sheite up anyway. You're talking about a megalomaniac demographic that firmly believes that the ends justify the means.

We were just discussing that at RedState...
It's Only a Matter of Time Before the Climate Jihad Turns Violent
And that's just the Eco-Terrorist Wing of 'em... but you can bet the various other radicalized factions that make up the Progfascist Bloc think the same way.

The anti's don't play by, nor have ANY compunction to practice civility. Even if we don't "manage" to give them "amunition" they just make sheite up anyway. You're talking about a megalomaniac demographic that firmly believes that the ends justify the means.

The way they ramrodded the "emergency" bill SB941 through - completely ignoring the many suggestions for a less restrictive law, ignoring all the letters, phone calls, emails, personal testimonies, etc., they clearly had no interest in "working together".

The hard-core anti's are our enemies, and any plan we have to protect rights won't involve getting through to those folks. Our best hope is to get them removed - voted out of office, recalled or expose their corruption (like our former Gov. Kitzhaber). But to do that, we need EVERY SINGLE PRO-GUN VOTER in the state voting for pro-gun candidates, and if a pro-gun isn't available in their district, then vote for anyone else to unseat the proven anti-gun politicians. Part of the problem is that this state (and others) keep returning these lunatics back to power, over and over. Prozanski, Burdick, Brown and many others need to go.

Never waited more than 15 minutes either, is that the delay you're talking about?
It's kinda nice talking with people behind the counter. They seem nicer if you're doing more than just looking.

Ps: wrong quote lol

Last Edited:
Never waited more than 15 minutes either, is that the delay you're talking about?
It's kinda nice talking with people behind the counter. They seem nicer if you're doing more than just looking.
I know now I tell them I will be delayed and I just talk to the guy's and look at guns when he calls it in

at least you have an excuse to spend more time in the shop... my GF always kicks me out early. She is also why I have so few guns. "THIS SKS IS ONLY 430$, should I buy it?" "YOU CAN'T AFFORD THAT!" Sheesh... that was 15 minutes ago..

at least you have an excuse to spend more time in the shop... my GF always kicks me out early. She is also why I have so few guns. "THIS SKS IS ONLY 430$, should I buy it?" "YOU CAN'T AFFORD THAT!" Sheesh... that was 15 minutes ago..
The longer I stay in a gun shop the more visa loves me

I've always seen it as a cross between deliberately explaining what the 2A stands for and means (apparently it's too old of English for some of us), and legitimate education about firearms.

As far as most people know, the 2nd Amendment is some redneck policy and guns will go off if you sneeze on the same city block.

Sure, it's easy for us to get them in our country, but our country was founded on the idea that we create our own destinies and we should be entitled to the tools needed to carve our paths. Our culture is very cowboy/pioneer for a reason.

One could argue that free (or cheap) classes with hands-on time is a way to go about educating people, but then you have security as a massive flaw in that equation.

None of these anti-gun folks are shy about watching movies with horrific amounts of murder and monstrous events, but if you show them a gun in enough detail they might think you're going to sneak into their houses and molest them with a pipe cleaner.

It's actually terrifying how desensitized to violence we are as a society, but overly skittish around the guns used to carry out that violence. Then there's the folk that call the cops (or cause a scene) on someone exercising their open-carry rights (which I'm honestly too paranoid about exercising myself). It's just... really?

I'm not a particularly intelligent person or that knowledgeable about gun culture as I'm still a newbie, but education has to be the tip of this pyramid. People need to know that you can't pick up a gun and suddenly become Delta Force and start just decimating the masses. They're heavy, they can be awkward, you can snap your wrist just from being dumb, and it can even fail to operate depending. They're no more a "power up to terrorism" than one of those display-window katanas you buy at curio shops. And then when you consider you can kill a man with a spoon, you have to wonder if guns are even as bad as some people would have you believe.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Hi. I'm new.

Having done extensive research on the 2nd Amendment most do not realize the following.
  1. Our Gov until DHS was established had the right to carry because of the 2nd Amendment ( not just policy)
  2. The FBI was armed because of the 2nd Long before Congress paid for them and still the 2nd allowed that right.
  3. The 2nd Amendment prior to its passing already existed in other states, and territories almost mirrored and gave the right to be armed had nothing to do with Government or militia.
  4. The last Drafts prior to pass the 2nd Amendment said the people " MUST " be armed but was tamed to give the option to be armed if you wanted. Antis totally do not want that known.
  5. The 2nd gave the Government the right to have modern weapons until 1935 when funding was passed. Showing clear modern fire arms were protected by the 2nd Amendment. It should be noted most agents bought their own guns even tommy guns all based on a people having the right to be armed its in FBI history hardly muskets and our own gov verifies it.

There is no other law passed by congress allowing the government ( not military) to be armed all bases are given rights based on that one 2nd Amendment not until the Patriot Act and forming of DHS has any other laws granting use existed.
People assume there is other laws, but those are policies and funding NOT rights to be armed or carry.
So think about that most all government agencies all the way to local LEO's are armed because of that right as " PEOPLE" yet given special other rights under other laws, still starting with the right of the people to be armed.
All this stuff is online easily found yet always ignored by law makers and lobbyist why? And now people know why I don't trust politicians or lobbyist.:)

I think introducing anti's to actual guns and gun people is one of the best ways to win new allies. I think one of the biggest problems with anti's is misinformation and fear - rational or irrational. I think we can all help win over folks, one at a time. I for one, love bringing new shooters into the fold. To date, I've never introduced someone to shooting that didn't have a smile when they were done ;)

Indeed not everyone is into murder, introducing non shooters and even anti's is helpful to the cause. I know plenty of on both sides of the fence who enjoy shooting.

On the OP's second thought of improving the gun owners image:

Do not be a slob shooter or hunter. Clean up after shooting , leave no brass , target debris or trash behind.

Temper your remarks when talking about guns.
We all here love to shoot and own guns , we all can be passionate about guns and shooting ...
When combined , sometimes words or thoughts that are said , when taken out of context , can be harmful.

Use facts when discussing firearms.

Dress and speak well when discussing firearms.

Be respectful and polite when about your daily business ... It goes a long way in showing that gun owners are not the rude , loud stereotype that is shown by the media.
Andy

Last Edited:
On the OP's second thought of improving the gun owners image:

Do not be a slob shooter or hunter. Clean up after shooting , leave no brass , target debris or trash behind.

Temper your remarks when talking about guns.
We all here love to shoot and own guns , we all can be passionate about guns and shooting ...
When combined , sometimes words or thoughts that are said , when taken out of context , can be harmful.

Use facts when discussing firearms.

Dress and speak well when discussing firearms.

Be respectful and polite when about your daily business ... It goes a long way in showing that gun owners are not the rude , loud stereotype that is shown by the media.
Andy

Translation: be a Boy Scout.
hamilton.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR