JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I almost bought that when I first saw it at the Costco. Instead I got the Harbor Freight version when it was on sale. It's been a good one so far. Had it about four years and it's held up quite well to the general beating and neglect I give it around and outside the house.

We started buying those at work and I hate them, to the point where I refuse to use them and in some cases threw them away, brand new never used.

We had the 8ft one I think it was and adjusting that for a taller height and adjusting back down was a roulette game for your fingers.
They are heavy as all get out too if you have to take them up and down stairs.

We started buying those at work and I hate them, to the point where I refuse to use them and in some cases threw them away, brand new never used.

We had the 8ft one I think it was and adjusting that for a taller height and adjusting back down was a roulette game for your fingers.
They are heavy as all get out too if you have to take them up and down stairs.
next time u have one to throw away... i can dispose of it for you :D

Yeah if you have to haul one around every day, I could see how they could be a pain, but I painted my whole house in September and it was sure nice to be able to access everything with one ladder. They are also super handy when you have to set up on stairs.

I like them for around the house but I wouldn't want to use one on a job site all day. Kinda like how a 12 pound rifle is neat and all when you're shooting off a bench, but a 6 pound rifle is way cooler when you're on day 5 in the mountains chasing critters.

As a pipe fitter...At work we had dozens of ladders of every size and type. And if any of us wanted a specialized ladder of any kind, it was a phone call away. We tried these Little Giant-style ladders, and after a while, nobody took them out of the shop for anything.

Funny story. I have the ladder from when I was a kid. It's a six foot wooden step ladder. It's at least 45 years old. Still does the job! I'm a sentimental type.

Funny story. I have the ladder from when I was a kid. It's a six foot wooden step ladder. It's at least 45 years old. Still does the job! I'm a sentimental type.
==================================

I'm sure your old ladder is in top condition and don't take this wrong, but whenever I come across these old wood step ladders I check them out and if the steps are loose or if the ladder is at all wobbly I cut them in half cause it's just plain stupid and irresponsible by me to allow it to continue to exist. People die or seriously hurt themselves on these old ladders, don't ask me how I know.

All things considered good ladders are cheap, except for maybe the Little Giant which I have only had an opportunity maybe to use once or twice. I do have an articulating ladder that is heavy and awkward to set up which I hate to use, probably mainly because I only use it in awkward places where it then shines and does what most any other ladder couldn't do.

Yeah, I have one too. I didn't buy it however, but instead it was given to me for a side job I did about 9 years ago. And yes, When it's fully extended to a second story, getting it down is a trick because you can't make it any smaller until its down. Stick with a regular extension ladder.

Back in the day (30 years ago) I had a job where every day seemed to have a need for a different type of ladder.
I finally shelled out some coin for a decent folding model (before the LG) that reached 12', made into a 6' step ladder & a 3'H x 6'L platform.
I still have it but rarely use it anymore.;)

When I first started my job in Maintenance 16 years ago I was given a janky old wooden ladder I used all day long.
I can tell you the amount of times it almost killed or injured me. I finally got my boss to buy me a new one, the day it came in I hauled that wooden ladder up two straight ladders to the roof and chucked it off the roof.

Hitting the ground it turned to kindling

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads