JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the spirit of the what do I drive thread I present what I should drive...

?q=70&w=1440&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F03%2Fkettenkrad-1.png

And it would make a great Bug Out vehicle.

Buy this bonkers WWII half-track motorcycle this weekend

elsie

What SHOULD be my ride...
ssd_1_201.png
At nineteen klicks from prow to fantail enough "Bug Out Vehicle" to take the whole house, the family, my friends and their families along too. (Oh hell, it'd be a BOL in its own right, just need a way to break atmo and get up to it in orbit.)

Sadly, the Defense Department rejected my grant request for starting to develop the technology to build Star Destroyers...

At least mine was real. :cool:
And restored with mostly original parts...

But since we're going there, I would either go with a StarFury or a Star Wars Speeder Bike.

elsie
What, no Weekend-Warrior F7C-M Stupid Hornet? :p

[Edit for those not in on it: It's a Star Citizen thing, the F7C-M is basically a Pay2Win god-ship that's Management's baby. The only thing reliable against it is the similarly Pay2Win Sabre...]

Last Edited:
SdKfz 2, better known as the Kleines Kettenkraftrad HK 101 or Kettenkrad had a max speed of 44mph. So you could get out run by anything but a Honda 50 Mini trail.

My bug out vehicle will be my 48 Willys CJ-2A which just about everything but the dash and cowl sheet metal has been upgraded replaced enhanced restored or hot rodded. Including but not limited to:

The body itself is mostly reproduction and DIY steel now
The engine completely rebuilt balanced and hot rodded to approx 90 HP
The Clutch has been upgraded to the optional 9.25" EVERY THING is new
The transmission has been completely rebuilt with all new gears and parts
The transfer case is upgraded to the last version of the D-18 with all new gears
A 30% Overdrive unit has been added that gives 12 forward and 4 reverse gears
The rear axle has been upgraded to a 1971 Dana 44 30 spline flanged axle with all new bearings and G2 Gears (5.38-1's) And an Eaton E Locker)
Front Axle is the stock Dana 25 with all new bearings and seals Also all new knuckle bearings and seals
Brakes are now from a 68 Wagoneer 11" drums on a Dual Master Cylinder adjustable proportioning valve and Line locks
Steering is now the same Saginaw 525 Manual box that came on a Chevelle or Camaro with manual steering and an IDIDIT classic column. EVERYTHING IN THE STEERING from my hands to the Front Knuckles and King pin bearings is new
Electrical is now a 12V system with a Commercial grade Series 31 1000CA battery and 105amp Marine grade GM alternator. Completely hand made wiring and All new HD switches.
All new SW gauges + a Vintage Dixco 0-6000 rpm tack and Autogage Vacuum gauge
Everything in the Fuel System is Brand new from the NOS fuel tank to the Holley red fuel pump pressure regulator and braided lines.
The Cooling system is all new with an Aluminum 3 core radiator and After Market Heater
Even the frame has been boxed in areas as well as a 2" receiver hitch setup

Oh and it will be Pacific Blue with a Wimbledon White Aluminum Hard top and Black Wheels. And a Matching Off road trailer that transforms into a Gypsy caravan like trailer with a 5 X 12 floor plan and a 7 X 12 over all size. Complete with its own electrical system and battery and 20 gallons of additional fuel

yep thats going to be my bug out vehicle.

A bit of spontaneous literary nonsense to have fun with and nothing more ...

A short time from now. SHTF escape vehicles ... ...

"Honey, I am bored. Sweetheart husband of mine, let's go on a short vacation ... I want to go someplace we haven't been to before. I want to go to that newly advertised resort planet Caribbeania. They say the weather is perfect all 256 days of their solar year."

"OK honey bun wife. I will go out into the garage and ask Jennifer if we can go, how long it will take and how much it will $cost$. She will know. Jennifer knows everything since that new $spendy$ maintenance upgrade. I'll ask her right now while I'm thinking about it.

HB of CJ Old Coot walks out of the small cute cottage, goes down the short path and enters the small 20 foot by 12 foot one car garage. SW OR USA. Kinda. A perfect spring day. All is well. In the middle sits Jennifer, all folded up and in standby mode.

Jennifer is mostly force fields. In standby mode all shut down she is about the size of a large suitcase. Mass about 1200 Kilos. Heavy. Most of her still resides in various alternate dimensions. Her power source is very very advanced.

"Jennifer darling, how are you today?"

"Hello HB of CJ Old Coot. I'm fine thank you. Also thanks for that new info dump. I feel great now. Thanks also for that optional systems upgrade. I now feel really good. Ready to go anywhere. Consider me available right now. What can I do for you?"

"Jennifer: we want to go to Caribbeania to that new resort on the South Island. We would like to reserve the 6 night 7 day all inclusive VIP level 4 vacation package, along with all the upgrades. When can we leave, long long will it take and how much will it cost?"

... ... ... HB of CJ Old Coot: we can leave in 2 hours, 14 minutes. Transit time at Warp 6 will be 24 days 4 hours, 16 minutes. Total time from us leaving here from SW OR USA planet Earth to the planet Caribbeania will be about 7 hours longer. No way around it."

"Jennifer, why so long"?

"Earth departure is very busy right now. Lots of inner system traffic plus orbital slots right now are few and far between. Oh ... the total cost for everything is right at $356,356 new US dollars. I can make all the arrangements right now. We can leave anytime you wish."

"Thank you Jennifer. Make it so. It is so much fun traveling with you!"

"Thank you HB of CJ Old Coot. I am a Mark 23 personal use fully rated private starship. You will be traveling in stasis. For you the trip will take just a few seconds" I enjoy being able to help. That is my function. I am the ultimate escape vehicle". ... ...

We have this in very little time indeed. Probably less than 500 years. Maybe much less.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top