JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So much has changed in Portland, and I can think of nothing for the good. In 1974 friends took me pheasant hunting in a very large apple orchard off Murray, just north of 26, right behind the little strip mall where there is a 7/11 and the Meating Place was/is(?) located. Beaverton was fairly rural then, and Hillsboro was downright "out there". Boy, has a lot changed!

So much has changed in Portland, and I can think of nothing for the good. In 1974 friends took me pheasant hunting in a very large apple orchard off Murray, just north of 26, right behind the little strip mall where there is a 7/11 and the Meating Place was/is(?) located. Beaverton was fairly rural then, and Hillsboro was downright "out there". Boy, has a lot changed!

Yeah, growing up we could explore for what seemed like miles in the woods over in the Tigard/LO area... Then it all got turned into housing.

Not sure when my feelings for the Rose City went to Rose pitty but the hipsters still seem to like it...

They can have it but if they could just leave the original inhabitants that moved to the country to get away from it alone with their judgemental laws that'd be super great.

Minority rights matter even when you don't agree with them hipsters. Keep the "weird" inside the city.

Local TV news yesterday. 2 stories almost back to back.

1st one. Man attacks woman, officer with pipe. The woman who was hurt says she has seen the man before. She says he often hangs out in the area and she gives him food. "I just think of him as a human being, I don't want to demonize him in any way. He's been harmless more often than he's been harmful."

2nd one. A Portland cyclist has cuts across her face and neck, after riding into a booby trap on a bike path. "I was crying, it was like this feeling of sadness and despair that like human beings would do this. But then upon reflection it's like there are a lot of hurt people and I just happened to be the one in the way."

Local TV news yesterday. 2 stories almost back to back.

1st one. Man attacks woman, officer with pipe. The woman who was hurt says she has seen the man before. She says he often hangs out in the area and she gives him food. "I just think of him as a human being, I don't want to demonize him in any way. He's been harmless more often than he's been harmful."

2nd one. A Portland cyclist has cuts across her face and neck, after riding into a booby trap on a bike path. "I was crying, it was like this feeling of sadness and despair that like human beings would do this. But then upon reflection it's like there are a lot of hurt people and I just happened to be the one in the way."

Gosh, I missed those? But then, I don't watch TV news. Don't read the news paper either usually.

"I just think of him as a human being, I don't want to demonize him in any way. He's been harmless more often than he's been harmful."
And there you have the Progs' Weltanschauung summed up in 2 sentences. As long as you don't attack people more often than you do everything is fine. The 9th Circus Exalted Shysters have held that bums have the right to live in front of your house, take a dump in your yard and leave needles all over. What could go wrong?
Bonus: the bums are Democrats! :D

The 9th Circus Exalted Shysters have held that bums have the right to live in front of your house, take a dump in your yard and leave needles all over. What could go wrong?
Bonus: the bums are Democrats!

:DAnd that sir, is the reason we left Potland

Channel surfing at dinner time before the Blazers game :). Wanted to catch the weather forecast at 50% accuracy ;)

You know, that's pretty much they way I end up seeing some news on TV most times. I do do like to listen to the two guys on 101.1 fm 9:00am-12:00. And then Lars, who can be pretty ignorant sometimes. I get news, the same news, every 8 minutes or so there.

I hate those 16 oz T bones they serve in the Acropolis for $9.

Oh wait. That's the only thing about Portland I like. Nevermind.

Geeze, no kidding? I haven't been to that place in YEARS. coming from Utah in '83 I was quite fascinated, shall we say, of that aspect of PDX. Last time I was at that place the burger took sooooo long, and was so terrible, I've never been back. But I was always pretty picky about the places I went, and the quality of the entertainers mainly. His entertainers don't look to good, to me. These days I believe I'd look like a weirdo being seen in such an establishment. I'd also have to question how the owner sells food for so little?

Geeze, no kidding? I haven't been to that place in YEARS. coming from Utah in '83 I was quite fascinated, shall we say, of that aspect of PDX. Last time I was at that place the burger took sooooo long, and was so terrible, I've never been back. But I was always pretty picky about the places I went, and the quality of the entertainers mainly. His entertainers don't look to good, to me. These days I believe I'd look like a weirdo being seen in such an establishment. I'd also have to question how the owner sells food for so little?

The servers arent there to get you in and out. The longer you are there the more beer you buy and the more dollars you throw the dancers. Never had a burger there but the steaks literally are cheaper than you can buy them in the grocery store and they actually are pretty damn good especially for the price. Same $10 Acropolis cut in a decent restaurant would be a $40 steak. I am NOT picky about the quality of the entertainment . A lot of it has to do with the fact that I know a little bit about how the industry works. Girls move from club to club on schedules so you might see the same "entertainer" at a higher end joint on Tuesday and then on Thursday ...or later that night...she'll be slumming it at the Dancing Bare. I knew and was friends with a lot of strippers back in the day. Tough way to make a living.

Girls move from club to club on schedules so you might see the same "entertainer" at a higher end joint on Tuesday and then on Thursday ...or later that night...she'll be slumming it at the Dancing Bare.

Oh I figured it still ran like it did in the early '80s-mid '90s. I never cared much for woofing down on a big burger next to the stage, at the same time a gynecological exam was unfolding a few feet from my face. :eek: I separate my meal from my entertainment. That kind anyway.

Oh I figured it still ran like it did in the early '80s-mid '90s. I never cared much for woofing down on a big burger next to the stage, at the same time a gynecological exam was unfolding a few feet from my face. :eek: I separate my meal from my entertainment. That kind anyway.

Actually thats exactly how they ran it in the 90's. First time I ever saw a computer hooked up to the internet was in the office of The Casbah on Sandy Blvd. It was one of those places they kept the lights down LOW so you couldnt see the cesarean scars. I was there with a beer salesman when I was the cellar master for Pyramid Ales in the early 90's . The manager was scheduling girls for all the clubs in town and a girl walked in who was pasty white almost green .She looked like she had the flu saying she couldnt go on. The manager walked her back to the back room . 10 minutes later she walked out looking great rubbing her arm and the manager walked out zipping his pants up.

There was a black girl up on stage at the Acropolis one time. She looked down at a guy eating his steak and said "Honey, you know what that steak and me got in common? Wer'e both brown on the outside and pink on the inside!" Then she bent over and spread it and a drop of spew sprayed out onto the guys steak. I fell over laughing and never ate on the front row again..

Actually thats exactly how they ran it in the 90's. First time I ever saw a computer hooked up to the internet was in the office of The Casbah on Sandy Blvd. It was one of those places they kept the lights down LOW so you couldnt see the cesarean scars. I was there with a beer salesman when I was the cellar master for Pyramid Ales in the early 90's . The manager was scheduling girls for all the clubs in town and a girl walked in who was pasty white almost green .She looked like she had the flu saying she couldnt go on. The manager walked her back to the back room . 10 minutes later she walked out looking great rubbing her arm and the manager walked out zipping his pants up.

There was a black girl up on stage at the Acropolis one time. She looked down at a guy eating his steak and said "Honey, you know what that steak and me got in common? Wer'e both brown on the outside and pink on the inside!" Then she bent over and spread it and a drop of spew sprayed out onto the guys steak. I fell over laughing and never ate on the front row again..

This is really gross! Do we really need this kinda talk on a family forum ??
My son reads this.
Wheres the moderator?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top