What I hate about Portland, OR.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ma96782, Nov 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Camelfilter

Camelfilter
    State of Jefferson
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

...some of ‘em anyways. :cool:

kmk1012 and DuneHopper like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....
    Kokanee Slayer Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

It's actually called a Twat Knot...:s0140:

3. revjen45

revjen45
    Snohomish County

Buy shrimp cocktail, leave outside for 2-3 weeks, bag up, poke holes, place in unknown hidden location in camper that they likely won’t look. Wait!
    Check out your local chemical supply for butyric acid. The label will say: "CAUTION! STENCH!" and it ain't kidding. Imagine the stink of vomit, wet turkey feathers heaped on burning tires, a car in the hot sun with a dead animal inside, and all the unwashed jock straps in the Northern Hemisphere combined into one horrendous cocktail.
    Not that I would suggest using it to render the bum domiciles uninhabitable, but it sure would work for that. :p

Arleyg likes this.
  4. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Damn man! I'm sittin' here trying to eat a sandwich! :s0170:

I love the rain! It's when I sit and load. I have a hard time watching foot ball if it's not cloudy/raining. Rain makes the grass and trees green, and grow! And it's a hella lot better than snow, cold, East winds.

Arleyg likes this.
  5. 6Corsa6

6Corsa6
    Scappoose
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

I know the feeling. I see the same homeless train walk by every day at work. New people methed out on the streets look look like normal people for about 1 month and then you can see them changing before your eyes and by 3-4 months you can't even tell they are the same person and look like they have been on the streets for years. They start walking around looking like zombies. We also have several vans parked in the same spots for over a year now and we were told if people are living in the vehicles they just leave them alone. They wont tow. No wonder business are moving out of inner SE portland. We are all tired of the break ins, graffiti, human waste in parking lots, garbage, and general craziness they bring

Arleyg and ron like this.
  6. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pretty much where I stand.

DuneHopper likes this.
  7. L84Cabo

L84Cabo
    Orcas & San Diego

Coffee is proof that God loves us. Or is that beer? Anyway...Coffee...It's like a warm hug for your brain. Hmmmm...COFFEE!! People don't know how lucky they are that I have coffee and a sense of humor. No clue.

Mikej likes this.
  8. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5
    2C IDAHO
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just got tired of it. I like it once in a while. But when you leave it, you see how much it sucked. Way way more outdoor life in Idaho.

Meridian7750 and Mikej like this.
  9. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I couldn't put a like on it so I quoted you to sympathize. ;)

Came home from the store yesterday afternoon and THREE cars across the street from me had been green-tagged! By 4:30 or so TWO had been moved. What a bunch of PUNKS!!~ The third car tagged was a bonus. Non-working adult male with three kids, his old Mercedes SUV has expired tags, so he got green-tagged too. I've got a hunch the other car was his too.

6Corsa6 likes this.
  10. Papercidal

Papercidal
    Vancouver ,Wa

I don't really hate everything about Portland just the parts south of the Columbia.

11. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Diamond Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I think of Portland, I only can think of two letters. The letters F and U.
    No film needed, those letters tells me all I want to know.

12. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Diamond Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Damn you, now I want a cup of coffee, no seriously..... lol
    I always tell people, if I didn't find life so Ironic, they would be finding bodies.
    And the head scratching always begins.

L84Cabo likes this.
  13. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I skimmed the out skirts on my way to see @LuckySG in Banks, damn, what a cesspool of human waste. Tarp cities and dozens of stolen grocery carts everywhere you looked. All I could think of is where a flame thrower when you need it.

Arleyg and DuneHopper like this.
  14. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)

I was homeless when I was very young for around a year or so. I got a job and got out from where I was.
    It was never like this mess. I actually had pride and made sure I was clean each day, eventually working
    got a place and then got a grant for college. I was near the dock areas near the bridges people all over the place, tarp, tents people trying to stop cars. I actually didnt stop a red just because it was not safe. So this is Kates Portland Huh?
    Why doesn't she spend Soros's money on helping clean this up...( it was a rhetorical question)

Arleyg likes this.
  15. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

To be fair, Kate Brown doesn't have anything to do with PDX. NOW, Sam Adams, Charlie Hales and the clone, Wheeler. THEY are who are responsible for allowing the city to turn in to a pit toilet.

Arleyg likes this.
  16. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)

I thought she was approving funding? Maybe I missed something.. PL politics is something I stay far away from
    either that or I would be drinking allot LOL

Mikej likes this.
  17. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland

Well, as govnor she aproves funding. i'm sure. But I blame the last three mayors for our situation. I mean, Kate doesn't have to live in this pit! Hell, Kate probably doesn't have to see the the stuff I do every day, I'm sure.

DuneHopper likes this.
  18. LuckySG

LuckySG
    Banks, Oregon
    Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks, OR Supporting Vendor 2018 Volunteer

There is a reason they say "Go West, Young Man" mostly because if you stop while still inside the Portland city limits it will not be beneficial for your soul.

Flymph, DuneHopper and titsonritz like this.
  19. Hawaiian

Hawaiian
    Tigard Oregon

It did not used to be the way it is now. I moved here 16 years ago as the wife wanted to be closer to her aging parents. I agreed as on all of my visits here the people were friendly and down to earth. Still this way in rural OR, but not in Portlandia. Portland has turned into a toilet and the elected officials running it are still dumping on the crap. It is so bad now that even my wife is ready to move on.

Mikej likes this.
  20. ma96782

ma96782
    Vancouver, WA

Saw another one that was critical of the Portland Police.

Aloha, Mark