JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I migrated to the PDX area early 70s seeking the advantages and resources of such a rustic yet promising gem of civic treasures. At the time you could actually smell the fragrance of various floral blossoms approaching from what was still labeled "I-80".

Traffic density was not yet malignant; 82nd/OC freeway was barely under construction, 205 had recently opened to I-5 but no Willamette bridge yet, it seemed an extravagant DOT project as traffic was sparse at the time; and the nostalgia of the oddly shaped 3-pointed star of the insurance building at the I-5/205 intersection was still 'wayWAY out of town'.

That delightful phase didn't last long as the population expanded. I could drive from Estacada to the middle of downtown in about 25 minutes. Eventually the city bus ride would take nearly an hour. The surrounding small towns of Sunnyside, Happy Valley, Boring, Sandy were all swallowed up.

The changes inherent as PDX expanded from under 200,000 to nearly a million is what I didn't like. Haven't watched this video posted above.

Last Edited:
I watched a lot more of that than I thought I would. I thought there would be boobs.:( Not really, maybe.......

The guy speaks so many things that I feel about Portland, in a way that I certainly couldn't voice. It didn't use to be like that.

So he is basically the Oregon version of Nutnfancy.

Talk talk talk, 30 minutes of talk. One hour of talk. Oh look a 3 hour talking review, yup, I'll watch that. Nope.

So he is basically the Oregon version of Nutnfancy.

Talk talk talk, 30 minutes of talk. One hour of talk. Oh look a 3 hour talking review, yup, I'll watch that. Nope.

Those vids helped me to understand, exactly, what it is about PDX that has me on edge all the time. It wasn't near this bad 5 years ago. And it was barely noticeable 10 years ago. I'd have to say that IF you don't live IN Portland you can't fully comprehend what it's like to shop, live and drive every day inside it. "IT" that it! IT'S and entity!!

Reminds me, I need to call about the zombie house three doors down again. Yep, there are power cords going to the fifth wheel and the motor home on the lawn and in the driveway. And, the call to parking patrol because the campers number is at TWO now on the curb with the "NO RV PARKING/FOUR HOUR PARKING" signs. I did get the call into the PDX abandoned auto hotline for the two unlicensed cars with flat tires across the street that have been here for 4 weeks and the other 7 days. They move 'em when they finally get green tagged in about three weeks.
:confused:

Just 4 videos of mainly Yak Yak yak yak... He may want to consider moving out before he becomes even more like what he hates about Portland. Maybe it's not too late and the infection hasn't become chronic, he could still lead an almost normal-ish life.

I admit that his "manbun" in the first video kinda ruined the whole series for me.

Those vids helped me to understand, exactly, what it is about PDX that has me on edge all the time. It wasn't near this bad 5 years ago. And it was barely noticeable 10 years ago. I'd have to say that IF you don't live IN Portland you can't fully comprehend what it's like to shop, live and drive every day inside it. "IT" that it! IT'S and entity!!

Reminds me, I need to call about the zombie house three doors down again. Yep, there are power cords going to the fifth wheel and the motor home on the lawn and in the driveway. And, the call to parking patrol because the campers number is at TWO now on the curb with the "NO RV PARKING/FOUR HOUR PARKING" signs. I did get the call into the PDX abandoned auto hotline for the two unlicensed cars with flat tires across the street that have been here for 4 weeks and the other 7 days. They move 'em when they finally get green tagged in about three weeks.
:confused:
Trust me Mike I feel your feels.

I don't know how you do it.

It's sad I have to say that I don't know how you do it.

Those guys have zero to lose so getting involved only risks becoming a target.

Undercover deep cover ops might be needed.

Buy shrimp cocktail, leave outside for 2-3 weeks, bag up, poke holes, place in unknown hidden location in camper that they likely won't look. Wait!

Listen, If you were the only human in all of Portland you'd still have the rain. The damn rain!! Kids hate rain. Adults drink coffee to lift there spirits of the cloudy rain weather. Fact!

I got out in 2012 while I could. For me it was the liberal politics, legalized pot,
homeless, and the rain. That damn drizzle just wont stop for days on end..
But the politics put it over the edge for us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top