JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3" kimber milt sparks vmII 3 o'clock xl t-shirt
if my t-shirt is a little tighter i have carried at 2:30
my belly helps
the vmII is the most comfortable iwb i have ever worn
well worth the wait and $

but I'd like to know from those who wear IWB how it affects your movement, and if you've ever used an OWB so you have the other style to compare against.

I carry IWB with a comp-tac minotaur holster. I love the holster. It's very comfortable. My only problem is that any bending at all reveals the grip of my SR9. Other than that it's great. Untucked shirts work fine with little printing problems. Until the warmer weather set in I liked to wear an undershirt tucked in. This eliminated all printing and helped with my bending over probelm:s0114: My ease of movement isn't really hindered at all. Half the time I forget I'm even wearing it. Hope I remember if I ever need to use it:confused:

How many of you have experience (pleasant or not) with an ankle set up? I've been looking at get and M&P compact piece to carry on my ankle. That would be more manageable for me while at work. Let me know what you what you think.
ERik

The hotter it gets, the less likely you would see me in anything but shorts. Regardless of what type of holster, anything heavier than a mini-deringer would have me constantly tugging up on my waistband to keep it above my knees !

While I probably wont make it on the cover of "G.Q." ( not likely anyhow ) I have settled on a light-weight vest that has some mesh panels on the back quarter, which allows it to breathe fairly well. It has a pair of fairly deep inside lapel pockets. When practicing cross draws, it seems similar to drawing from a shoulder rig.

I have tried some IWB belly bands, never found one that was comfortable to me for long-term use. Fanny / waist bags ? Feels like you are wearing a neon sign these days. Back in the day when concealed carry was a new thing, it seemed like everybody was wearing one. I think that contributed to the fact that everyone who see's one now, automatically assumes that is why you're wearing it..... ( Well , unless you're a hooker walking 82nd Ave. , that is )

My S&W 642 fits nicely in my front pocket. Plenty of power in a really small, light package. And before somebody comes along and says something about it being only a 5 shot, if your problem takes more than 2 or 3 shots, you have bigger problems than a higher cap gun will get you out of. The 2 or 3 shot statement comes from police and FBI studies.

They obviously have not been sitting with their family inside a Burger King in Woodburn when a rowdy bunch of Latino gang-bangers walk in and start flicking the employees and some of the patrons a bunch of crap in a SERIOUS fashion... almost got REAL ugly (for them) the other day.

They obviously have not been sitting with their family inside a Burger King in Woodburn when a rowdy bunch of Latino gang-bangers walk in and start flicking the employees and some of the patrons a bunch of crap in a SERIOUS fashion... almost got REAL ugly (for them) the other day.
If the bunch of gang bangers were all armed, you'd still be in deep bubblegum even with a high cap pistol. You would still be out gunned.

I notice no one uses a fanny pack?
I actually use a fanny pack quite often. I have two. A smaller Galco one I use for everyday use and at the gym and a larger Blackhawk one I use for hiking and riding. The smaller one holds my Kahr CW9 and the larger my Glock 29.

Larger Blackhawk fanny pack for hiking and riding.

Fpack1.jpg

Smaller Galco one for gym and everyday wear.

Fanny2.jpg

... And before somebody comes along and says something about it being only a 5 shot, if your problem takes more than 2 or 3 shots, you have bigger problems than a higher cap gun will get you out of. The 2 or 3 shot statement comes from police and FBI studies.

And that is why so many PD's and the FBI have their people carry only a five shot revolver these days? I believe the "police and FBI studies" to be pure nonsense if that is what they say. But then that is just my humble opinion...

And that is why so many PD's and the FBI have their people carry only a five shot revolver these days? I believe the "police and FBI studies" to be pure nonsense if that is what they say. But then that is just my humble opinion...
Could it be that many (not all) LEOs think that they are social workers instead of cops? Many, again not most, can barely qualify to carry a weapon. Many are not very proficient using firearms. The only time most will use their weapon is to qualify. With that said, it's easier and more cost effective to issue everyone, gunnies and their social worker wannabes the same weapon with high cap mags. It's all economics. The trash on the street carry high cap weapons, so LEOs are more apt to run into a situation where they may need high cap weapons. I'm not an LEO, but a good number of my family members are, one being a police chief back east, so I'm not slamming LEOs. Just the opposite. I have only the highest respect for them. But my chances of coming up against gang bangers where I will need 20 plus rounds to protect myself or my family are pretty slim. So, I will leave all the weight at home and happily carry my little J frame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top