Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What/how are you carrying now that summer is here?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jun 20, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Lately, when I am not carrying my LWS380 in a wallet holster, I have been sticking to my Kahr PM9 in an OWB belt slide holster at around 3:00-3:30. It is just so light, small, easy to carry, and disappears under the lightest cover garment. It makes it hard to justify carrying anything else...and with seven rounds of 9mm+P ammo I feel well protected.

This is the holster I am wearing today. It is a Don Hume J.I.T. slide which cost my under $20 locally. I also use a Safariland holster of a similar design when I want a black holster. :)

What and how are you coping with the summer months when it comes to concealed carry?

KahrCarry1.jpg

KahrCarry2.jpg

KahrCarry3.jpg

2. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Same Colt Government 45 in a Bianchi IWB holster that gets parked at 3:30 every day.:)

3. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

Glock 19 @ 3:00 in an UM's IWB size 5. Not a problem under any T shirt that is the right size for me in the 1st place.
    Just ordered a Crossbreed super tuck last night.:)

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I heard those are really comfortable.

I notice that I am carrying my G26 more than my G19 nowadays as it prints less on a t shirt. I use the same Bladetech holser, but am thinking about the crossbreed...:D

5. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Oregon Member

I have a Fobus paddle holster (OWB). Does an IWB hamper your ability to squat/turn/bend? I find that when wearing my holster, I have more movement restriction than I think I should have. The SuperTuck IWB looks appealing, but I'd like to know from those who wear IWB how it affects your movement, and if you've ever used an OWB so you have the other style to compare against.

6. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

For the size gun I carry, it conceals better IWB. 5 inch Colts are kinda big.:) I move around great with it. No back flips, but heck, I'm too old for that anyhoo.:bluelaugh:

7. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

I am awaiting my conceal permit to be mailed....have been thinking of the PM9 for a pocket gun. Will this fit ok in the front jeans pocket or would it be too big for that? Or should i just stick with an LCP or something that size?

8. PlayboyPenguin

I consider anything bigger than a Seecamp too large for pocket carry. I am also not crazy about front pocket carry period because of accessibility and safety issues. :)

9. KENOC

KENOC Portland area Member

I was just thinking for those times when i would make a quick jaunt to the store..and something would be better than nothing. The PM9 then would be too unconcealable or uncomfortable in the front pocket or not? Please elaborate if you would?

10. PlayboyPenguin

I would definitely find it cumbersome in the front pocket. When I pocket carry I do so in my back pocket in a wallet holster.

I just tried mine in my front pocket and it is way to big for my tastes. It outlined badly and is a bit bulky and hard to get in and out.

Of course, as you can see in the OP, I actually wear cloths that fit. I refuse to dress sloppy just to conceal a gun. I have found I can both conceal and look good.

11. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

I'v got 2 Hand guns I carry a CZ Rami 2075 .40 and a S&W 4053 .40 I Got a Bianchi OWB Holster for the S&W and Iv got an Uncle Mikes For the CZ (The CZ Is hard to find a good holster for) But I carry around 3:00-3:30 as well

12. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

I use both, IWB and OWB, to be honest the only time I feel/notice a problem is when I sit in a chair that has a back on it. If the back of the chair is shaped wrong, or I sit wrong it will hit the butt of my piece and move it around a little. Other than that, with the right holster, I find IWB a little more comfortable, just not as accessible when I have more than 1 layer on.
    Just for reference, I am 6' 1", 210lb, and wear a 34wb with out the gun, 36wb with the IWB holster and gun.:thumbup:

13. Spook89

Spook89 Ridgefield Member

During the cold months, it's my Springfield 1911 in a FOBUS paddle at 9:30 (yeah, I'm a southpaw); Now, it's my XD-subcompact .40 S&W in a FOBUS paddle. I recently lost some weight, so my t-shirts are big enough to cover it.:thumbup:

14. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey Playboy, I agree with you on the PM9. Carry mine owb in a Bianchi slide set up. Sure like the looks of that Don Hume too..care to let me know where I can find one locally?

15. PlayboyPenguin

I bought mine at Keith's.

16. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

***SOME CONTENT COPIED & PASTED FROM ANOTHER THREAD THAT I POSTED ON***

I love my Berretta 92F dearly, and have owned it over the last 21 years and even carried it in several different countries during my Army service , but alas I have been hunting around for a sub-compact .45 ACP pistol for a couple weeks now and had it narrowed down to a XD45 Compact, or a Glock30, but recently became aware of another alternative... I just picked up a really nice Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro .45 ACP pistol last weekend... it's a VERY compact pistol that is EXCELLENT for a CCW. It packs 10+1 .45ACP rounds and is only 23ozs. empty!!! I have been carrying it on my person non-stop (except at bed time and the shower... LOL) no matter what I have been doing... yard work, installing new siding on the house, at work, etc.

I have a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster that works very well (for the last 21 years) when wearing a jacket or "over shirt" during winter and so forth, but I now mainly carry it in an elastic waistband type of CCW rig... it can be lefty or righty, in the FBI forward-cant, or reverse-cant for cross-draw, behind-the-back, etc. (options, options!!). I wear it under any type of shirt (tucked/untucked, T-shirt, pull over, button-down, etc.), and under my button down (tucked in at the waist) work shirt (above the beltline) while working.... its NICE!! If I were to ever need it, a quick RIP of the front buttons and BAM... its there!

Here's some photos shot on 12"x12" floor tiles (that I recently installed :bluelaugh: )

My primary CCW rig.. 10+1 rounds of Cor-Bon .45ACP+P 230-gr. JHP!! :thumbup:
    PT-145c.jpg

The flash washed out some of the lettering:
    PT-145a.jpg
    PT-145b.jpg

Compared to a full-sized "air-soft" (accurate) replica Berretta 92F for size comparisons (I didn't feel like opening the gun safe for the real one... LOL)
    PT-145d.jpg

This is my first Stainless Steel weapon... I'm partial to "black guns" for tactical reasons, but I opted for Stainless this time because of dirt, moisture, timely cleaning/maintenance not being as critical, and not wanting any "baked on" finish to wear off over time since this weapon is now my primary CCW and will be handled and worn a LOT... plus this rig has "slimming properties as well! :D

17. Mark-60

Mark-60 Someplace near Hillsboro Active Member

Same as I always carry. Glock 23 in a Ted Blocker paddle holster. I don't care if it prints.

-Mark.

18. rangeruger

rangeruger Jacksonville,FL. New Member

My air weight S&W j-frame fits comfortably in my front pocket.It does print a little but not enough that it worries me.

19. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I carry a PM9 for summer, but also have a little NAA 22 MAG revolver in my front pocket most of the time.

20. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

I pretty much carry a series 70 Colt Combat Commander and two spare mags year round. If I really need something smaller I revert to a 9 mm Star Firestar and one spare mag. I have a couple of small .380's (one original AMT Backup and a Colt Govt Model 380) but I just don't "feel armed" with only them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009