JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious what hobbies people have outside of the shooting world.

One of my hobbies is photography. I have photographed many concerts, and my known next assignment which is confirmed is Stryper at the Alladdin on November 23, 2009. Still working on KISS, which I think is the 17th at the Rosequarter...unconfirmed of course.

I like reading and watching old movies from the 40's and 50's. I always wanted to build a model railroad and have purchased a lot of equipment, but so far I haven't laid a single track! So, I guess that is my dull life away from firearms!

I work on older cars and have a 55 100,63 Ranchero and a 66 mustang. I also do paint,fabrication and wireing for other people on their street rods. I also work on motorcycles and ride a bit.

I previously started a thread where people could post pictures of their hobbies and stuff they have made or worked on.
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12919

I like to do a little wood working when I get the time...

IMG_9757.jpg
IMG_2604sm.jpg

I'm an avid motorcycle rider - Dirt and street. Though more dirt than street now-a-days.

I'm too into sports. I play baseball, basketball, and racquetball (as well as softball). I only have a TV so I can watch games.

MarkSBG Very nice work!

My grandfather was a carpenter for the Sante Fe and Union Pacific Railroads in Topeka, KS back during the depression. We still have his old planes, chisels, and brace and bit he used back then. He did a lot of the ornate carving in the fancy coach cars. We have all that in the solid Oak tool box he carried to and from work every day. It must have weighed over 50 lbs with all his tools in it. They were made of sterner stuff back then. :s0114:

Almost anything that takes me outside is of intrest. I do alot of fishing now that my boy is old enough to go. I want to have my newest hobby to be doing a engine swap in my Miata it screams for a V8.

Just took up gardening by turning my backyard into one. I'm just a little bit away from my first harvest albeit small. Reloading is another, in fact my reloading bench is currently under contruction. I also have an all wheel drive 2001 Subaru Impreza with an STI swap, putting down 393awhp/405ft-lbs that I play with. Then to teach me humilty I am an avid Oakland Raiders fan lol.....As a child of the seventies I can tell you it was easier to be a fan then. :)

Then to teach me humilty I am an avid Oakland Raiders fan lol

Tell me about it. I'm an avid Kansas City Chiefs fan. Actually the only NFL game of the year I really look forward to is the Raiders Chiefs game. I was really torqued when they didn't show the game on TV here a couple of Sundays ago, although I guess I could have paid and got it.

I'm also in to fishing. Used to do a lot of fly fishing on the Deschutes, but for the last few years have been into fishing for Smallmouth on the Umpqua or John Day.

Also into my dogs. Two Labs and a Miniature Long Haired Dachshound that thinks she's as big as the Labs. :s0114:

I'm also in to fishing. Used to do a lot of fly fishing on the Deschutes, but for the last few years have been into fishing for Smallmouth on the Umpqua or John Day.
+1 I did a 2 day float down the John Day last year while fly fishing for small mouth bass. I caught over 50 fish that trip. Thats a good one...

I've got a '71 Dodge Dart that I've been working on. I spent most of the summer fishing while I save for the car parts I need.

My biggest steelhead of the year, 29", 9 pounds, from the upper Cowlitz.

DSC01017edited.jpg

I need to take my son up there and take a look at those.

Well, if you can't get up there, take a look at Brian's fantastic videos of both trains in action - hundreds of movies on YouTube as well...

http://www.brian894x4.com/RRvideos.html

Brian's stunning movies are easy to download and watch right there without the need to store them anyplace. :)

Enjoy!!!

Best wishes

tac in yUK

Almost anything that takes me outside is of intrest. I do alot of fishing now that my boy is old enough to go. I want to have my newest hobby to be doing a engine swap in my Miata it screams for a V8.

I hear ya. I've got a 1980 Triumph spitfire that I would love to put a real quiet V8 into. I don't think there's enough room though and it'll be awhile before I get enough time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top