JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am so glad I do not have to use tape to hold my gun together

it's bat tape- you can't "hold" anything "together" with it. apparently you didn't play baseball.

it's great stuff... sticks well wet or dry, and isn't abrasive. when it wears down in 6 months, just take it off and wrap it again- just like with a bat.

The only thing I've really done to actually improve the firing so far is installing a Ghost 4.5 lb connector, and replacing the crap stock plastic sights with XS Sights.

I've also picked up new trigger and firing pin springs, but I've only put them in one so far until I evaluate whether it's an improvement or not.

I've done other things to improve other aspects, like extended mag and slide releases to aid in faster reloads, and I've added the Decal Grips to add extra grip to them.

I hated the Glock grip angle on my Second Generation G19. Adding the Hogue Handall slip-on grip sleeve made a huge difference! This adds subtle palm swells, finger grooves, and gave an indent for the web of the hand that made the grip fit more like a CZ75. Big improvement for me!............................elsullo :s0155:

I have used aftermarket barrels, guide rods, extended mag release, and 3.5 disconnects. The only change that has been of any value to me were night sights and conversion barrels. For some reason I prefer the standard 5.5LB trigger and other wise stock Glocks.

I have a 3.5 connector installed... Iv been told to put in a Striker Spring or trigger spring... how would those help trigger pull/length ??

As I understand it, Glock trigger pull is determined by 3 things... trigger connector, trigger spring, firing pin spring.

Trigger connector- there are a few different aftermarket trigger connectors that can be swapped in. Glock, as well as Scherer and Ghost make a 3.5 lb connector. Although these are referred to as a 3.5lb, your trigger pull weight is determined by the connector in conjunction with the trigger spring, so simply swapping out the connector, will only get you half way there... the 3.5 lb spring, by itself, will take you down to roughly a 4.5lb pull from the factory 5.5lb rating.

trigger spring- the trigger spring actually assists the trigger rearward, so a heavier spring will lighten the pull. Factory spring weight is 5lb, so swapping in a 6lb spring will slightly lighten the pull.

Glock makes a couple different trigger springs that it calls "NY-1" and "NY-2." they are 8 and 12 lb trigger springs. A conversion that some guys like, is to lighten the pull with a 3.5lb connector, but then counter that by installing a NY-1 or NY-2 spring... the result is an extremely positive reset, althought the pull weight ends up being a pound or two heavier than the factory weight... which gives them more confidence in it for carry.

Firing pin spring- you can also install a lighter firing pin spring, which will give you a slightly lighter pull weight, as the pin is partially retracted just before the gun is fired. This is generally only used for a range only gun, and is not recommended for self defense, as the lighter pin may result in a light strike on weak primers.

Since the pull weight is determined by more than one part, you can effectively mix and match to give yourself the pull you desire. I installed a Ghost 3.5 trigger connector, which has a high polish, to smooth out the pull, and incorportes an overtravel stop. The part has to be "fitted" although its very simple to do, and only requires slightly filing on the end of the stop, until you get the amount of overtravel you want. The pull is lighter and has almost zero overtravel with an extremely short reset! This greatly improves accuracy under rapid firing. It can be lightened slightly further with a 6lb trigger spring... its all a matter of preference. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top