What Has Gotten Into Palmetto State Armory?

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by ThemGunsThough, Apr 29, 2018.

1. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy
    Eugene,OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sorry, my bad, Monday, May 8 is projected delivery

2. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

I'd hit the USPS tracking website and give them a call. Like I said, it did wonders for me.

808hondacrguy likes this.
  3. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy
    Eugene,OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's still in FedEx hands as far as I know.

4. KKG

KKG
    Western Washington

I'd still give USPS a call.

808hondacrguy likes this.
  5. P7id10T

P7id10T
    Tetrachromatic
    Dysfunction Junction Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Totally with you on that one. My experience is that UPS screws the pooch before handing it off to USPS. Never had FedEx try that "sure post" BS.
    Had a package sit in the UPS terminal in Beaverton on Western Avenue for >1 week before they finally handed it off to USPS. I offered to come pick it up from their warehouse. The answer was, "we would have no idea where to find it." Tightest ship in the business? Strangulated, perhaps, unless you consider "Tight" as the slang from the '30's, as in "drunk."
    When I need something across the US in 3 days, I send it via USPS. When I need it there tomorrow, I send it FedEx. When a week is OK, and it weighs more than 10lbs, I send it FedEx.
    When I need it there sometime in this lifetime, I send it UPS only if FedEx and USPS are not available.

KKG and 808hondacrguy like this.
  6. parsons_12b

parsons_12b
    LaPine Oregon

I think that PSA is starting to get it figured out. I still think they have room to improve, but they are trying.

ThemGunsThough and Joe13 like this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

First order arrived yesterday, a day earlier then stated. Ordered it about the 30th of last month.

Fairly small order of ammo.

8. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

My last order from Palmetto shipped the next day and was there in 5 days. But my experience with items that have to ship to an FFL is that it takes at least several weeks. Regardless, PSA has been a good company to do business with.

Joe13 likes this.
  9. LuckySG

LuckySG
    Banks, Oregon
    Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks, OR Silver Vendor 2018 Volunteer

I believe it is $10 a year for a UPS account that automatically upgrades all packages they would have handed over to the postal service to ground shipping. My wife and kids save a ton on shipping because my account covers everything coming to this address. I will be dropping distributors that only offer FedEx, I have had enough of them.

etrain16 likes this.
  10. powermad

powermad
    Portland

From what I've read across the web, anything that has to be delivered to an FFL takes forever for some reason.

The kit I ordered a couple months ago shipped pretty fast .
    Ordered on a Saturday and had it by Thursday.

11. Bones2586

Bones2586
    North East

Concur with all, PSA shipping times have drastically reduced from year's past. Haven't ordered any FFL items from them, but some great deals on bulk ammo and AR items. Have only had one issue with a LPK take-down pin detent, was OOS, replaced with another and GTG!