JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, I have an account, but I guess I didn't mention that this is with their free shipping option. They use FedEx Sure Post, which means FedEx hands it off to the post office for final delivery. For some reason, the last three items I got from them, took a week to ship, then Fed Ex takes a week to get to Oregon, then the Post Office fumbles with it for a week. It has been in Troudale, Or since last Wed, and tracking shows delivery to be Monday, May 1.
Totally with you on that one. My experience is that UPS screws the pooch before handing it off to USPS. Never had FedEx try that "sure post" BS.
Had a package sit in the UPS terminal in Beaverton on Western Avenue for >1 week before they finally handed it off to USPS. I offered to come pick it up from their warehouse. The answer was, "we would have no idea where to find it." Tightest ship in the business? Strangulated, perhaps, unless you consider "Tight" as the slang from the '30's, as in "drunk."
When I need something across the US in 3 days, I send it via USPS. When I need it there tomorrow, I send it FedEx. When a week is OK, and it weighs more than 10lbs, I send it FedEx.
When I need it there sometime in this lifetime, I send it UPS only if FedEx and USPS are not available.

My last order from Palmetto shipped the next day and was there in 5 days. But my experience with items that have to ship to an FFL is that it takes at least several weeks. Regardless, PSA has been a good company to do business with.

Totally with you on that one. My experience is that UPS screws the pooch before handing it off to USPS. Never had FedEx try that "sure post" BS.
Had a package sit in the UPS terminal in Beaverton on Western Avenue for >1 week before they finally handed it off to USPS. I offered to come pick it up from their warehouse. The answer was, "we would have no idea where to find it." Tightest ship in the business? Strangulated, perhaps, unless you consider "Tight" as the slang from the '30's, as in "drunk."
When I need something across the US in 3 days, I send it via USPS. When I need it there tomorrow, I send it FedEx. When a week is OK, and it weighs more than 10lbs, I send it FedEx.
When I need it there sometime in this lifetime, I send it UPS only if FedEx and USPS are not available.
I believe it is $10 a year for a UPS account that automatically upgrades all packages they would have handed over to the postal service to ground shipping. My wife and kids save a ton on shipping because my account covers everything coming to this address. I will be dropping distributors that only offer FedEx, I have had enough of them.

From what I've read across the web, anything that has to be delivered to an FFL takes forever for some reason.

The kit I ordered a couple months ago shipped pretty fast .
Ordered on a Saturday and had it by Thursday.

Concur with all, PSA shipping times have drastically reduced from year's past. Haven't ordered any FFL items from them, but some great deals on bulk ammo and AR items. Have only had one issue with a LPK take-down pin detent, was OOS, replaced with another and GTG!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top