JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK so I just picked up a Savage 10-T and I want a bipod for it. I've always heard that harris is the best so that's what I want. From what I have found the description are kind of vague on the differences between models so I want to know which one I need. I'm thinking the 9" to 13" model but other than that I have no idea. My rifle has the extra sling stud to attach the bipod. Which one do I want to get?

Thanks for the help

Get the "S' model so you can level the rifle without screwing with the legs. Costs more of course but well worth the money. And because Harris supplies a crappy thumb screw which won't tighten enough, get the Pod Loc or similar lever so you can get the head tight.

I like the notched style legs that are spring loaded. Push the button and the leg comes shooting out so you can quickly set up. The notched legs help get things fairly level quickly. If you don't get the "S" model I wouldn't get the notched legs because you will have to use the leg heights to level it on an uneven surface.

The size you are considering is the one size I personally would not buy. For shooting off a bench the 6-9 inch model is ideal and I use it closer to the 6 inch setting then I ever do the 9 inch setting. If you are really tall the 9-13 might make more sense but I don't think I've ever seen anyone shooting off a bench with one adjusted that high

If you plan to use it for varmint hunting from a sitting or kneeling position I would suggest the model that extends to 27 inches. For this type of use I wouldn't even consider it unless I bought the "S" model. I had one that would not swivel and I sold it.

Question on the Pod-loc. I was under the impression it wasn't being made anymore. Do you have a source?

Edit: looks like Brownell's has them lat time I checked they were out of stock and didn't know when/if they would get more.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads