JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine you have a projectile lodged half way down barrel and a primed case with appropiate load of powder is fired to try and blow it out. What do you think will happen?
Depends. Pressure is a wave. It will spike at the site of the obstruction. Mid barrel is not as sturdy as the chamber where this normally occurs. Too big of a spike, the barrel will bulge or burst as it tries to contain the sudden spike of pressure. The thinner the barrel taper, the higher chances of failure.

If you have a barrel obstruction....do not try to shoot it out....it will be bad for you and your firearm

Also related....it is wise to load , use , and shoot your firearms as they were designed to be loaded , used or shot.....
Andy

Isn't that one of the ten rules of firearm safety before it was whittled down to four for those who couldn't remember/count to ten?
I can't remember... :s0153:
Perhaps the reason why the 10 were whittled down to four were due to lost fingers while experimenting....:eek: :D
Andy

Why don't you make a squib happen, then start your experiment, beginning at 1 grain and ending at kaboom. Be sure to let us know the results!

^. This. I don't know why this is even a question. :confused:
We have breech loading methods which could be considered a bore obstruction near the chamber. Then we have assorted launchers that attach to muzzle end of barrels, which could be considered an obstruction near the muzzle. Those are generally accepted as safe. I am trying to understand why a barrel obstruction is dangerous when it occurs between the other two points that are safe?

We have breech loading methods which could be considered a bore obstruction near the chamber. Then we have assorted launchers that attach to muzzle end of barrels, which could be considered an obstruction near the muzzle. Those are generally accepted as safe. I am trying to understand why a barrel obstruction is dangerous when it occurs between the other two points that are safe?
Kata yes or Kata no. No so-so.

If I could remove the barrel or had a straight shot from the breech, I'd just use a cleaning rod or dowel and push it out. Otherwise, get an auger attachment for your cleaning rod and screw it into the bullet. Then pull it out.
Exactly. (I recently had a bullet stuck in an M1 Carbine. Pounding it out with a cleaning rod did the trick. And nothing went kaboom.)

We have breech loading methods which could be considered a bore obstruction near the chamber. Then we have assorted launchers that attach to muzzle end of barrels, which could be considered an obstruction near the muzzle. Those are generally accepted as safe.
This video might be of interest, concerning rifle grenade attachments.

I want to put together a kit of cheap tools to use for clearing bore obstructions. What do you use or recommend? Home Depot availability would be best. I want the kit to cover calibers from 22 to 50cal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top