JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sportsman's Warehouse was still selling guns that come with 10+ round magazines and putting people in the background check queue when I was there at the Bend store on Monday. They were telling customers that they would be able to pick up their guns in a few months if they don't get an instant approval. I assume that they are implying to customers that purchase permits will be available in a few months which we all know they won't be. Even if some how purchase permits are available they were selling guns that come with high capacity magazines. As of Dec 8th no one in Oregon will be able to purchase a gun and the high capacity magazine that comes with it. Some how I doubt Sportsman's warehouse is going to take out the high capacity magazine and substitute a 10 round magazine. And what about guns for which there are no high capacity magazines available? Keltec P17, Keltec CP33, Keltec PMR30? I was able to get a CP33 last week with an instant approval but after Dec 8th I assume these guns are no longer going to be available for retail sale in Oregon?

I should have added a $220 Keltec P17 to my order of 6 other guns on November 10th. Maybe Keltec will come out with a Cal legal 10 round version some time in the future. Maybe I should order a 17 round magazine now?

Last Edited:
10 round mags including cal compliant mags won't be legal in Oregon. 114 is far more restrictive then any mag ban in the nation. it bans mags that can be readily(in 24 hours) be adapted to hold over 10 rounds. any mag with removable base plate is banned if it holds over 5 rounds. they make plus 5 round base plates as well as plus 2 plates for most common magazines. we dont know what will meet permanently limited to 10 rounds until jan.

I worked at a gun shop in Kalifornia some years back and they would take any mag over ten rounds and replace it with a ten rounder. LEO'S were allowed to own "high cap" mags and they'd buy them.

BTW, CA. has an "Approved Handgun List". If the gun isn't approved by the state it can't be sold in Kali. In some cases a stainless model may be approved but the same model that's blued may not be. It's arbitrary to the max and a way to extort gun manufacturers to payoff the state to sell their products.

10 round mags including cal compliant mags won't be legal in Oregon. 114 is far more restrictive then any mag ban in the nation. it bans mags that can be readily(in 24 hours) be adapted to hold over 10 rounds. any mag with removable base plate is banned if it holds over 5 rounds. they make plus 5 round base plates as well as plus 2 plates for most common magazines. we dont know what will meet permanently limited to 10 rounds until jan.
If it doesn't get overturned by the court it will get overturned by people I remember that much if it doesn't get overturned by the courts it will get overturned by the people

We will know today. If there is an injunction than yes you will get your magazine. If no injunction . They cannot give you the magazine.

Also, we We could do what colorado did. After the ban sold magazine parts then just refused to comply.

We will know today. If there is an injunction than yes you will get your magazine. If no injunction . They cannot give you the magazine.

Also, we We could do what colorado did. After the ban sold magazine parts then just refused to comply.
I'm under the impression that it might take a few days to make the decision.

Slyfox, could you point out where you found the "can be readily adapted in 24 hours" definition on the Mag ban?

Sportsman's Warehouse was still selling guns that come with 10+ round magazines and putting people in the background check queue when I was there at the Bend store on Monday. They were telling customers that they would be able to pick up their guns in a few months if they don't get an instant approval. I assume that they are implying to customers that purchase permits will be available in a few months which we all know they won't be. Even if some how purchase permits are available they were selling guns that come with high capacity magazines. As of Dec 8th no one in Oregon will be able to purchase a gun and the high capacity magazine that comes with it. Some how I doubt Sportsman's warehouse is going to take out the high capacity magazine and substitute a 10 round magazine. And what about guns for which there are no high capacity magazines available? Keltec P17, Keltec CP33, Keltec PMR30? I was able to get a CP33 last week with an instant approval but after Dec 8th I assume these guns are no longer going to be available for retail sale in Oregon?

I should have added a $220 Keltec P17 to my order of 6 other guns on November 10th. Maybe Keltec will come out with a Cal legal 10 round version some time in the future. Maybe I should order a 17 round magazine now?
could be too late to order mags but try. Yes, if you are interested in guns ( over 10rds) you want in the future, get the mags now. Otherwise you'll have to deal with just 10 rd mags.

They banned getting the parts for the mags as well, so if you breaks your SOL. Though it seems like that would violate Oregons: Right To Fix laws.

Slyfox, could you point out where you found the "can be readily adapted in 24 hours" definition on the Mag ban?
(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or
similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload

Then you need to find the court case where readily was defined as precedent. Which I'm heard is tiger 12 or 24 hours or less. Immediately being a different definition and willfully not used on purpose. They used readily for reason.

I'm going to open a "high capacity" magazine store in Payette, ID. 'Course I'll only sell to free peoples so.

Kinda like the pot shops in Ontario, OR who's business relies solely on poisoning the minds of Idahoans.

I'm going to open a "high capacity" magazine store in Payette, ID. 'Course I'll only sell to free peoples so.

Kinda like the pot shops in Ontario, OR who's business relies solely on poisoning the minds of Idahoans.
One of the wife's relatives was thinking the same thing lol.

Last Edited:
I own one handgun with a std magazine that holds more then 10 rds. And of course no one has ever made a 10 rd mag for an Astra A-90 in 9mm or .40sw

After the 8th your bgc will still stand in line, whatever number that is.
It will be paused until you have a permit.
So.. no in short. If you haven't taken possession before Wednesday you wont get it until you've met all the 114 requirements.
Who knows what happens if that firearm is sold with a 10+ round, maybe they keep the mag?
Good luck finding out.

After the 8th your bgc will still stand in line, whatever number that is.
It will be paused until you have a permit.
So.. no in short. If you haven't taken possession before Wednesday you wont get it until you've met all the 114 requirements.
Who knows what happens if that firearm is sold with a 10+ round, maybe they keep the mag?
Good luck finding out.
until it expires 30 days from when submitted. I doubt anyone is going have classes needed to get permit in 30 days. osp can claim they have permit ready but they dont offer the classes nor are any police forces in Oregon ready to offer it. hell how could they since they have to wait until jan for OSL to define the requirements. so on paper they look to be complying but in reality no one will get their gun after the 8th. and many like my gun won't be legal. 590 with 9 shot tube can hold 13 mini shells.

If the court case fails than after the 7th you won't get the mag, period.
problem is the mag came with the gun its part of the upC so anyone at big box store will have their guns shipped out of state to comply with he law. i dont know how small shops will do it, I imaging any transfers guns the shop who shipped it will likely require the mags back with the guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top