JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon and I assume WA, IMO , has all but ruined the private sale market, what a hassle and risk as well now , "they " got what they wanted
I have purchased two firearms in the last two weeks and I had to wait two hours for each one. The guy selling the firearm had to wait. 2 hours as well. It's just ridiculous. This day and age when they know everything about you and it takes that long. A few years ago I got delayed for no reason for 5 months. It is a flawed system at best

Back when I failed my BGC the first time it was for a a BFR 444 revolver that cost me a bunch of $$$ BFR, .444 Marlin Revolver, 10" Barrel, Stainless Steel

I wasn't sure what to do when I was denied so I told my ffl to ship the gun back to the seller & he told me he had a 100% restocking fee in the event I failed to transfer, which I had. I asked an FFL I knew what I could do and he sent his paperwork to the seller who was legally required to ship the gun (on my dime) to the new FFL, who sold the gun for me. It wound up taking almost a year for the FBI to decide that I had been wrongly denied and nobody ever compensated me for the lost $$$

I've been put on "DELAYED" status for many yrs because of Ca's lousy record keeping. I'm finally going through the hoops to get it cleared up. Even when they give me my corrected record, I still may go through the FBI check and get a PIN.

I've been put on "DELAYED" status for many yrs because of Ca's lousy record keeping. I'm finally going through the hoops to get it cleared up. Even when they give me my corrected record, I still may go through the FBI check and get a PIN.

I had a pin number in the past but I got sick of the extra long wait for a supervisor to come on & clear it so I got my concealed weapon permit, which makes the call to Nics/fbi unnecessary in AZ

Yes they have. I now own more guns than I have ever in my life had at one time due to this. Have many I no longer want but, the selling is such a PITA they sit. One shop here offers to sell for you for 10%. When the market comes back may take a few there to get rid of but it is sad. I all my life enjoyed buying something to try. If I did not like or got tired of it? Sold it and bought something else. This of course did zero to criminals who can get anything they want any time they want:mad:
Let me know if you have any unwanted 220 series sigs and are willing to let go for a fair price. I'll make it easy for ya!
:D

As for the OP, I think that the seller could arrange with the FFL to put it on consignment... I have never thought of such a dilemma, as it's not really relevant to myself.
Also, as for your CHL question... WHAT? I hope not...

I have purchased two firearms in the last two weeks and I had to wait two hours for each one. The guy selling the firearm had to wait. 2 hours as well. It's just ridiculous. This day and age when they know everything about you and it takes that long. A few years ago I got delayed for no reason for 5 months. It is a flawed system at best
It is, and the owner of the Keizer shop I was in was also an FFL in Indiana where the state does not run the background check, they call the feds direct like Oregon used to and he said on the busiest of days it still takes just 10 minutes there.

As a seller you drop off at the FFL and get your money you are done. Buyer does not pass check you have no obligation you sold it. Enough said.

Now if you wanted to have them pay to ship it back you could take it back or if you wanted to meet back at the FFL that would be on you.

No reason to do any of that hassle. Sellers really do not have any risk on this. They ship or drop off when they got the money. Burden and risk falls on the buyer every step of the way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top