JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
asking for a friend ;-)

You go through Silencershop.com and pay for everything, silencer gets paid for and goes into the safe at local FFL for safe keeping. You wait months and for whatever reason, it is declined. So what happens to the silencer? Your cash? Are you left with a stamp, which is worthless and?

You don't get a stamp. ATF will refund your money. Dealer may keep, or send back the suppressor, if they keep it they will have to pay Silencershop and then they can sell it. That's if you cancel the order etc. Silencershop should refund you minus maybe a fee. Read their fine print. Surprisingly, no one shows up at your door!

Or you appeal and wait some more. Everything keeps going. Maybe another year.

Last Edited:
An amazing number of people put cash down on stuff like this without bothering to READ what they are signing. The same thing happens with guns. People order a gun to a shop, then for some reason get declined. THEN, they get angry when they find out this may cost them something. Amazing. :s0092:

The tax stamp money should be returned.

As for the item? It depends why the from 4 was "disapproved".

If it was because the transferee legally can't own the item, then they can try and find someone else to buy it. I asked my local shop the same questions and they said they would offer to buy the item from the original purchaser(at a low price I'm sure) and just put it on their shelf to sell. So the original buyer would be out some money, but i doubt they would have any problem finding a home for it these days.

If it was a technical problem, then you have to call the ATF and try and work it out. I once had a form 1 to make an SBS out of an old Remington 870 "disapproved" because I put "870 Wingmaster" down as the model. They told me that wasn't a valid model, even though thats what the side of the gun says, and more importantly, that was an option in the drop down menu(it was an e-file). I was just trying to be as accurate as possible. They told me to re-submit with the correction. At that time form 1 wait times were 4-5months. It was approved a month later, so apparently they didn't make me go back to the end of the line. The person I talked to was actually quite helpful, but it seems like its just the luck of the draw on who answers the phone when you call and what side of the bed they got up on that day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top