JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have not we just been through the Ammo thing and the rush to buy thing. So granted there are always new people buying firearms and now a bunch more. BUT would not the majority of us already have more arms and ammo then we can carry.

I know I couldn't shoot all the reloading materials I have on hand in the next 20 years. As to needed another firearm its only been a want to buy another firearm for a very long time.

This is not to say that Woman in Salem messing with our rights is not very bad thing.

Very simple. If Kate Brown wants to screw around with the BGC process, then the law requiring them should be suspended or nullified.

In the middle of a transfer, I logged on and began at 5:08 P M, now 7: 45 PM presently awaiting operator, review 1024 of 1421, I told buyer to go home,he lives close, told him I would call tonight or first thing in morning when approved, never seen traffic so heavy or wait times so long, I usually average 30 minutes or less

I know of a case in Grants Pass in which an FFL didn't get a response from NICS after three days, did the transfer, and the guy buying the pistol murdered several of his family members. The FFL was not held criminally liable because he followed the letter of the law, but the surviving family members sued his butt into financial oblivion and he's no longer an FFL.

Is there a credible reference for this? I tried searching and found nothing. Such an occurrence appears to be in direct violation of "The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)"

Which states that " firearms manufacturers and dealers are protected from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. However, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S.-based manufacturer of consumer products is held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligent entrustment when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime."

With all due respect, more information is required on your anecdotal story to accept it at face value - unless there was knowledge of intent to commit a crime in advance or serious malfeasance by the FFL, they wold have been protected from civil AND criminal prosecution. The FFL followed the law, as you indicated - the protection applies unless there are other relevant factors not included in your reference.

Is there a credible reference for this? I tried searching and found nothing.

The person who related the story to me was an Investigator from the BATFE branch in Portland when he visited my office to finalize my licensing. He stated he was assisting a Special Agent with wrapping up the now defunct FFL. I don't have any reason to doubt his account, but I wasn't there, so can only relate what I was told.

And in this litigious society I wouldn't take the risk, regardless of what legal protections may be in place. Those that would, that's their call. Cheers.

That would play right into her thuggish, skewed, gun-grabbing agenda. The ongoing problem then would be trying to get it back after the emergency situation abates sufficiently (someday) to be considered "Ops Normal" again.

Well, is ignoring the background check system a low level or high level crime?

Because a lot of cities and states are starting to ignore what is looking to be just about everything but murder.

I would have to think it's gotta bet less of a crime then burglary and prostitution?

The person who related the story to me was an Investigator from the BATFE branch in Portland when he visited my office to finalize my licensing. He stated he was assisting a Special Agent with wrapping up the now defunct FFL. I don't have any reason to doubt his account, but I wasn't there, so can only relate what I was told.

And in this litigious society I wouldn't take the risk, regardless of what legal protections may be in place. Those that would, that's their call. Cheers.

Regardless, my post stands - the PLCAA was written and designed to prevent wanton civil lawsuits against sellers and manufacturers, except for violations of lawful conduct or defects. I'm free to call b.s. unless there was other unlawful conduct involved by the FFL separate from lawfully releasing a handgun after the mandated period.

BATF are notorious for putting out bad information.

Same thing that happens if .gov brown orders you to disarm, un-bubblegum all personal property & report to re-education camps. Maybe, anyway… I've had a few Ninkasi's but that sounded pretty good

Ninkasi Brewing supports the three biggest Oregon based anti-sportsmen environmental groups – Predator Defense, Oregon Wild, and Cascadia Wildlands. Here's a sample of what Ninkasi Brewing has helped fund: A lawsuit to stop coyote hunting, fought to block sensible cougar management, a lawsuit to stop ODFW from removing problem wolves, and much more! Jamie Floyd (Owner) identifies himself as "Social Liberal and Fiscally Conservative." Fiscally conservative individuals appreciate our free market and appreciate consumers' ability to choose. So email him at [email protected] and tell him to stop hurting sportsmen or you'll be finding a new favorite brew!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top