JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years back I was involved in a traffic incident that required me going for a ride in the ambulance. Since I couldn't board with my sidearm Lake Stevens PD took custody of it. After the requisite background check they contacted me to come get it. It was zip-tied in a box to prevent damage, which I appreciated. The cops don't always trash your stuff.

A few years back I was involved in a traffic incident that required me going for a ride in the ambulance. Since I couldn't board with my sidearm Lake Stevens PD took custody of it. After the requisite background check they contacted me to come get it. It was zip-tied in a box to prevent damage, which I appreciated. The cops don't always trash your stuff.
I had to tell an EMT to take the holster with the gun in it, not just the gun, while in an ambulance. Later in the ER while they were moving me from the gurney to a bed, I heard the guy clear the weapon before handing it to security. :eek: I was in no mood to lecture him at the time and they probably would have told me to lie back down anyway. I did get the gun back with no red tape and it seemed to be in good condition. I decided not to reload it in front of them. :rolleyes: Not sure I could have found a safe direction to point it while manipulating it anyway.

Buy and use a SOLGW AR for your self defense shooting needs (listen to the end)...

If that's all legit, then 🤠👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🍻🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

Buuuuuuut............
Anyone heard about them actually making good on these claims?

Talk is cheap, if they stand behind that talk then they may have just passed Vortex optics for title of "Best Warranty In The Game"

Buuuuuuut............

Talk is cheap, if they stand behind that talk then they may have just passed Vortex optics for title of "Best Warranty In The Game"
I know they have replaced a few cop's guns that used them in line of duty.

Buuuuuuut............

They also gave one to Stephen Willeford who stopped the Sutherland Springs church shooting. A guy on M4C just run his over with his vechicle, I'll bet he'll get it fixed.

Last Edited:
Yes, you do get it back, if cleared of "wrong doing," but it takes a loooongg time. They will not be in a rush to return your firearm. Also, if it was purdy at the time of the incident, it will be ugly when you get it back.
This.

An old acquaintance of mine was involved in a SD shooting in Spokane back in the mid 90's. He was charged with crimes but not only was he acquitted but the jury ruled it unanimously self defense. He got his Baby Eagle back in horrible shape, including with the evidence tape darn near melted to the slide. He had to sue to get the county to refinish his gun. I think it took years.

Are you speaking from experience? I will not give any details, but I currently have an extremely sentimental firearm in police custody. I was told (taking it with a grain of salt) that after all is said and done that it will be returned to me. When that time comes, it will have been in an evidence locker for about a year and I am quite concerned about the condition it will be in
You should be concerned. I just commented on the earlier post. However, depending on who has it - maybe they will at least not abuse it or put it in a position where it can be damaged by elements and the like. Evidence firearms can be treated just like rental cars.

My middle son was involved in a traffic accident , and the CHP called us to meet him at the ER to take his gun. When we got there he was sitting in the Ambulance waiting for us. Security would not take his gun without calling in a supervisor. This was during the Covid lockdown and no one was getting in to see him, so His mother was happy he had to wait till she could see for herself that he was OK. He had bruised ribs and a dislocated thumb [from the airbag] but otherwise OK.
They handed us the gun without any paper trail or any problems. DR

A long time ago when I was younger and less wise in the ways of the world, I chased a home invader out of my downtown living space with an antique Japanese Katana (a signed Nihontō WWII capture/trophy worth about as much as a nice car), just because it was the closest thing at hand. . . an older wiser friend asked me how I would feel if it were to end up in a police evidence locker and then (inevitably) be 'lost' never to be seen again.

The next time I had to make someone leave, I used a Remington 870 Express, which back then had an MSRP of just over $200 :)

I was involved in an auto accident earlier this year and Multnomah County PD arrived on scene. I was getting an ambulance ride to OHSU and the car was to be towed. I informed one of the officers where the firearms were located in my car and he removed them along with the extra ammo. He then went out of his way to take them to OHSU and hand off to their security. Then on top of that, he came to see me in the ER and informed me where they were.
The security guard came in a bit later and told me he had the items, asked who might be coming to get them, and told me how to contact him when the time came to pick them up. When my wife and son arrived, the guard checked checked my sons ID and handed them off with no issues at all.
Needless to say I was very impressed with the way the officer and OHSU handled the firearms and the transfer.

Don't remember who posted it but some one was talking about sons of liberty gunworks and their warranties.

So I figured this would be a good place to post an interview with Mike Mihalski, the founder of SOLGW.

IMG_20211116_233739_656.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads