JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last night I was sizing the last of some "once fired" 10mm brass I bought on-line and started seeing these dropping into the bin. When I was done I sorted them out and it is all A USA (armscor) head stamped, and quite a few at that. Obviously these were significantly bulged, and at first I thought the bulge carried down into the web, but is is actually brass being drug down the case. I have never seen this before, so was this loaded way hot, or is it due to just crappy brass?

IMG_20210918_151407525~2.jpg

Im going to guess, a hot load fired from an unsupported chamber. Unsupported chambers are really common in 10mms.

Definite case head bulge. I would not use those shown in the picture.

You might want to try resizing with a carbide ring full push through die. This removes the bulge all the way to the base & deburrs any extractor clip burr's at the same time. I would also use resizing lube so there is less friction resizing.

Trouble is, these might be, in the end, so work hardened, that there will not be decent neck tension when seating.

Toss 'em. Not worth the risk or the effort.

I personally only use 10mm brass that is new or has been through one of my own guns. Too many potential problems with brass from wannabe hot-rodders out there.
Good advice since the 10mm is already a very powerful round - and the thought of a KB is not an option.

Last Edited:
Shot from a GLOCK!

This is the infamous Glock Smiley, usually from near max load 10 mm in Glocks unsupported chamber!
Weird thing: I have some Glocks that do this and some that don't. My G20 is kind to brass, thankfully. I have a USP .40 however that tosses out cases in their second trimester. It's a one and done gun

Weird thing: I have some Glocks that do this and some that don't. My G20 is kind to brass, thankfully. I have a USP .40 however that tosses out cases in their second trimester. It's a one and done gun
Same here. My old G29 was nice to brass, the G20 was not. I could reload near 100% recovered from the G29, not so much from the G20 until I replaced the stock barrel with a KKM.

The G29 I just bought a couple weeks ago is sporting a KKM barrel. Since the slide is being held hostage by a machine shop, I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I expect it to be the knees of the bees once it's back together. Nice, happy brass.

Same here. My old G29 was nice to brass, the G20 was not. I could reload near 100% recovered from the G29, not so much from the G20 until I replaced the stock barrel with a KKM.

The G29 I just bought a couple weeks ago is sporting a KKM barrel. Since the slide is being held hostage by a machine shop, I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but I expect it to be the knees of the bees once it's back together. Nice, happy brass.
What's kkm? I have a g40 and it bulges cases on normal factory loads. I want to run some hotter loads because I have a family of bears that roam around my house. Thx

Last night I was sizing the last of some "once fired" 10mm brass I bought on-line and started seeing these dropping into the bin. When I was done I sorted them out and it is all A USA (armscor) head stamped, and quite a few at that. Obviously these were significantly bulged, and at first I thought the bulge carried down into the web, but is is actually brass being drug down the case. I have never seen this before, so was this loaded way hot, or is it due to just crappy brass?

View attachment 1035066
Easy to say they were loaded "HOT", this has come packed in ammo boxes marked Herter's at Cabela's. Some say it's Armscor, whoever makes it, it's some of the cheapest, worst machined, bad example of cooper and zinc to come down the pike.
Here's a couple pictures, the USA 380ACP cases had bad primer pockets, even after reaming to see if my gauge would fit, hell no, everyone in the lot were like this. These also have problems when I try sizing them in my carbide push-thru dies. Guess they don't want new primers installed. Works for me. I steer clear of these and any CBC coming from South America.
USA Case.jpg USA Cases 1.jpg

My G20 also sports a KKM. My Glock barrel is new unfired. BTW- My G20 with the KKM shoots fantastic. I am an old school 1911 competitor and my G20 is only used for packing in remote areas. My 357 is heavy and the G20 holds more boolits:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top