JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was looking into dumping Comcast (finally) and looking into Direct Tv package that has the Speed Channel & the rep didn't know craps about it!!!

Then I do some searches & find out Fox sports 1 has taken over & it's like espn (gagging)!!!!!! WTH???

I am so bummed as I have a need for speed!!! Looking like NHRA, PINKS & Pass Time....AAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me please.

Last Edited:
Seriously.. We're looking into ditching Comcast as well.. Those idiots mistakenly over charge, double charge and even ship out broken equipment to only later charge you for "improper installation".. Comcast is a joke.

As to your question, I am no help.. I just wanted to vent. ;)

I am getting much more of my entertainment from YouTube via my Xbox. My wife and I don't have cable or an antenna for broadcast television and recently I have been finding some great channels on YouTube. Motor Trend's channel has a ton of content from multiple magazines like Hot Rod and Four Wheel and Off Road as well as Diesel Power. Drive is another good one for cars and such. WRC has their own channel as do many other race series. The Torq truck racing series is also covered on the Motor Trend channel. Gun related stuff as well.

We ditched Comcast several years ago. We have an antenna and we get 27 channels of HD digital TV, and we're 20 miles from Portland. For movies and HBO we rent or buy from iTunes and stream on our AppleTV. For TV shows we have Amazon Prime, which allows free streaming of a lot of TV shows and movies, as well as giving us free shipping from Amazon for most products. I use ElGato's EyeTV application as a DVR on my desktop Mac, which is set up with 2TB of disk space. Recorded programs get translated to .mpg files and saved in iTunes, from where I can access them with the AppleTV that's connected to the big screen LCD in the living room. The only thing I miss is ESPN, but I'm not willing to give Comcast $100+ every month just to watch ESPN. I'm sure Apple or somebody else will provide an ESPN solution very soon.

Yah know your right, I hadn't checked it in months and my favorite link is now fox that I click on it..

When I was in college and did have cable, I really enjoyed Speed. They had all forms of racing at all hours from all over the world. When they announced NASCAR coverage I knew it was the end of it. It just became saturated. I do enjoy NASCAR, I just don't need endless coverage, especially when there are many other forms of racing that are just as if not more entertaining.

looks like it's probably better to go with basic packages and then just use the Internet and Netflix free movies streamed for 8 bucks a month.
I still need to catch up on the pinks and pinks all out and drag race high school a lot of those episodes I have not seen.

Thanks for the tips guys!!!!

NASCAR - SUCKS
They regulate everything so much that even a 1/10 of a horsepower is deemed an unfair advantage. I haven't liked it since they started paving the local tracks.

If it weren't for football, both college and NFL then we'd dump DirecTV and go the online route. :s0001:

I think that may be more sooner than later. Was out of town with the wife (her mother's house :s0107:) during the last Bowl week. Only had broadcast TV. :s0054: My computer hacker son turned me onto some web sites out of Europe that streamed live college football games. The picture wasn't the best, but it was watchable. :s0115: May have had something to do with streaming it via ATT 4G through my cell phone onto my laptop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top