JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My experience may not be all that representative, but I have put about 500 rounds through my PT111 before my mishap. I've heard and read that this particular issue is not that uncommon on PT models, but the replacement recoil assemblies have been modified to prevent it from happening again - not sure where all that is on the truth meter. Since the factory is sending me a free replacement part, I really see no need to "toss it and move on."

My experience may not be all that representative, but I have put about 500 rounds through my PT111 before my mishap. I've heard and read that this particular issue is not that uncommon on PT models, but the replacement recoil assemblies have been modified to prevent it from happening again - not sure where all that is on the truth meter. Since the factory is sending me a free replacement part, I really see no need to "toss it and move on."

Got any calipers? Let us know if there is, indeed, any difference. If there is, there should be a recall!

Well, the progress came to a screeching halt when I received the replacement part last week....they sent me the wrong one. I'll be calling Taurus again on Monday.

Given that one of my brothers-in-law experienced the same issue and my other had his Taurus break on the first shot brand new, and the posts I've seen about these, I am one of those who will probably never own a Taurus. And my BIL had to cut the spring off to get it out when his did this same thing. He fixed it and sold it off.

I'd like to see an update as well. I bought a PT111 Pro for my wife a while back, she has put about 500 rounds through it without a hiccup. (She's a damn good shot with it too)

Update - Taurus sent me a new correct recoil assembly - no charge. The retainer spring was a slightly larger diameter than the original. Installed the new one, tested it with about 1/2 a box of shells - worked flawlessly.

I have the PT 145 pro and have put alot of rounds down range with out a problem, Although I pulled it apart and gave it a good cleaning when I got it, the grease they use seems to gum up the part pretty fast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top