JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have to vent! I wanted a LCP 2 so I thought I would give a usually reliable vendor a shot. I will let the emails speak for themselves...

Jan 2, Me: Is it even possible to order a Ruger LCP 2 right now?

Jan 3, Vendor: I just talked with my Sales Rep and he has you down for one if you want it. I have 10 people asking for them and it goes with the first person I go to which I am going to let you have the first one come thru.

Jan 3, Me: Yes, please hold it for me. Can you give me a call when it shows up?

Jan 3, Vendor: I Sure will

Fast forward to Jan 30.

Me: Any update?

Feb 3, Vendor: I will let you know when they come in if you are still wanting one,I gopt 2 in and they were gone the first hour I had them here.

Hold on! Wait one second! Jan 3... he said he would let me have the first one! Yet here we are Feb 3rd, he gets two of them and in his own words, they were gone the first hour! Obviously at this point I am pissed so I sent him what I thought was a simple deserved reply:

You received 2?

I recall your email on Jan 3 you said you would let me have the first one in.

I have lost interest, thanks any way.
-----
And this was the reply I got back!!!

Yes but I have my Wife who got 1 of them and she out Ranks you everyday of the week, The other one got shipped back because it had a big problem, No Fire Pin( missing), Or you would of got it, But if you feel like you deserve one, I have given you very good deals on all items but if you have a problem say so. Other wise there are several other shops to go to, who will get you one at a higher price, No problem Here
---

I'm thinking! Based on his previous commit, I did deserve one and despite his wife he should have been truthful from the beginning what his intentions were. How do we go from "I gopt 2 in and they were gone the first hour I had them here." to Oh one was missing the firing pin? I am not a jerk, so I'm not going to release the shop's name, but I got to know! Did I deserve that reply? And ironically he wasn't the cheapest, but I always try to support small business.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a mechanic my vehicles are worked on second.

As a computer repair guy, my stuff gets put behind customers.

As a business how he/she runs it is their own business. If you disagree (which you do) then avoid that place. I would if I got a reply like that.

"Oh sorry, I have your car in the shop but my personal car blew a head gasket so yours is going to be pushed back another week.." Um... No.

Lesson learned. Next business.... There are enough places out there to do business with who want your dollar.

The two stories of gone in the first hour to I gave one to the wife and missing firing pin sounds like BS. Then the childish response would make me never use them again, while I'm big proponent of the customer isn't always right I don't think you did anything wrong.

At first I wanted to give the vendor some slack, but when I re-read it,
I gopt 2 in and they were gone the first hour I had them here.
followed by
Yes but I have my Wife who got 1 of them and she out Ranks you everyday of the week, The other one got shipped back because it had a big problem, No Fire Pin( missing)
made me think he may not be on the up & up. First part sounds like he forgot his promise, second part sounds like a cover story.

Rule #UNO of any business that deals with Customers is: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! Rule # Duce: A PROMISE MADE IS A PROMISE KEPT!!! Rule #3 TRUST IS THE SOLE OF BUSINESS!!!

Take your business some place else, this place sucks, He failed to follow all three rules
I guess money isn't that important to this guy, So be it!

I have to vent! I wanted a LCP 2 so I thought I would give a usually reliable vendor a shot. I will let the emails speak for themselves...

Jan 3, Vendor: I just talked with my Sales Rep and he has you down for one if you want it. I have 10 people asking for them and it goes with the first person I go to which I am going to let you have the first one come thru.

Fast forward to Jan 30.

Feb 3, Vendor: I will let you know when they come in if you are still wanting one,I gopt 2 in and they were gone the first hour I had them here.

Hold on! Wait one second! Jan 3... he said he would let me have the first one! Yet here we are Feb 3rd, he gets two of them and in his own words, they were gone the first hour! Obviously at this point I am pissed so I sent him what I thought was a simple deserved reply:

You received 2?

-----

Yes but I have my Wife who got 1 of them and she out Ranks you everyday of the week, The other one got shipped back because it had a big problem, No Fire Pin( missing), Or you would of got it, But if you feel like you deserve one, I have given you very good deals on all items but if you have a problem say so. Other wise there are several other shops to go to, who will get you one at a higher price, No problem Here
---

I'm thinking! Based on his previous commit, I did deserve one and despite his wife he should have been truthful from the beginning what his intentions were. How do we go from "I gopt 2 in and they were gone the first hour I had them here." to Oh one was missing the firing pin? I am not a jerk, so I'm not going to release the shop's name, but I got to know! Did I deserve that reply? And ironically he wasn't the cheapest, but I always try to support small business.
Who does he make more money on??? You or is wife, because I am damn sure he doesn't (or didn't) charge her what he would have charged you.

Depends on the business and the guy. I have to be honest I have gone back to shops that have done this but I usually prove myself wrong. People do make mistakes and back pedal. ITS WRONG and shouldn't have happened but it does. This is why I make sure If there is something that I want then I go in to the shop and deal with people face to face. You do that and he screws you ditch the bubblegummer and move on.

---

Millennial customer service manual. I would send this to Ruger and let them know this how their dealers are treating customers looking for specific brand firearms, and tell that is the end of you ever considering Ruger. Ruger is fairly responsive to things like this and will be very interested.

If this was an employee I would be looking for the owner to let them know this is what happened and that you rae going to tell every body you know and will post it on line as well.

You get one shot in todays world with finicky consumers and with the huge amount of choices both storefront and online customers can walk away and get somebody else to take care of them. I get screwed once it is all over.

Who does he make more money on??? You or is wife, because I am damn sure he doesn't (or didn't) charge her what he would have charged you.

Well maybe there was a side benefit for him getting his wife one, ( bj, roll in the hay, etc ???), so maybe if you were a bit more inclined to adding to the purchase price you might get one too.

As a mechanic my vehicles are worked on second.

As a computer repair guy, my stuff gets put behind customers.

As a business how he/she runs it is their own business. If you disagree (which you do) then avoid that place. I would if I got a reply like that.

"Oh sorry, I have your car in the shop but my personal car blew a head gasket so yours is going to be pushed back another week.." Um... No.

Lesson learned. Next business.... There are enough places out there to do business with who want your dollar.

See now this is how "I" would do it too. As for the original poster it would be enough for me to never set foot in the place again. Now it is his business, and his choice. He can run it any way he wants. For me if one business was as Digital says but was a little more I would go to him. I would be willing to pay more to someone who treated me like I mattered. I have done this. One shop who tried to lie to me and gave me a run around when caught. Another shop offered the rifle I wanted at $300. First shop said he would get one for $275. I paid the $300 to the other shop. Later when I wanted another the first shop had one in stock now. $280. Other shop I had just dealt with had one for $25 more. I had no problem paying the $25 more. I was not willing to give the first guy who had lied, then tried to run me around my money to save $25. Now that's just me. Others would probably think me foolish to not save the $25 and go back to first guy. To each his own. I'm still shopping at that slightly higher place and have been for close to 20 years now. They cemented my business after that first sale.

Fast forward to Jan 30.

You received 2?

-----

---

Is it that big of deal to get a lcp to ruin relationships with a good shop? Aren't there lcps available on line or at other shops?
And how much more at other shops? Its only a 200 something gun isn't it?
I mean maybe he should have said wifey gets the next one or like I would have done and not said shnit but tell you that the one I got was sent back.
It's a lcp after all not a real gun:eek:
Personally I think you need a better example of bad customer service. But that's just me

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top