JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just wanted to see if others have had the same issues with Brownells as I. They used to be my go to place for gunsmithing tools and gun parts but lately they are out of everything or have discontinued a large portion of products. Used to, Brownells and Midway were competitive. But lately it seems midway has taken off with private label products and firearms, where as Brownells has just shrunk.

I received $100 gift certificate to Brownells for Christmas but I had such a hard time finding anything to buy. I ended up settling for a couple ceramic stones.

Am I off on this or is Brownell's headed under? Kinda sad if so.

But there's always Midway; love me some Larry Potterfield videos!

I haven't ordered from Brownells in a while, so I cannot say. But I see all kinds of vendors out of pretty much everything due to the latest panic. I'd wager that has a lot to do with what you are seeing with Brownells.

Its because everything gun related is sold out everywhere.... this isn't an Brownells thing. Midway and most all other web retail sites are sold out as well.

Ive never liked the way Brownells website is laid out makes it hard to select buying options Ive always been a Midway fan.

I like both options for my main retail sites, I'd chalk it up to their popularity and the panic. If people know to go to your business they'll go there first.

I purchased quite a bit from Brownells over the years: parts, ammo, etc. Especially when better than normal discount codes appeared on gun.deals. Plus, via ActiveJunky, I received up to 6% rebate on almost everything; 2% rebate on ammo.

I noticed coupons for free shipping AND a discount became less frequent about ~18 months ago. Then as ammo and parts became more scarce, I started shopping at Optics Planet as they had items in stock, whereas Brownells did not.

Sure miss the "ol days" when you can order a case of CCI Blazer 22LR for $189.99, shipped to your front door, AND get $ back from Federal!

I purchased quite a bit from Brownells over the years: parts, ammo, etc. Especially when better than normal discount codes appeared on gun.deals. Plus, via ActiveJunky, I received up to 6% rebate on almost everything; 2% rebate on ammo.

I noticed coupons for free shipping AND a discount became less frequent about ~18 months ago. Then as ammo and parts became more scarce, I started shopping at Optics Planet as they had items in stock, whereas Brownells did not.

Sure miss the "ol days" when you can order a case of CCI Blazer 22LR for $189.99, shipped to your front door, AND get $ back from Federal!

As noted in several other threads Optics Planet "In Stock" is often a little closer to "shipped to you when we get it in 3-6 months".

Midway was my favorite go-to site for a long time until they discontinued the C&R discount, since then Brownell's has continued to be my favorite and still is. After Larry Potterfield got greedy, I stopped going to Midway.

I'm still waiting for them to ship me my barrel of 5.56:rolleyes:
1614223735951.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews