Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What happened on I5?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BUZO71, Sep 18, 2009.

1. BUZO71

BUZO71 Emerald Valley, Oregon New Member

:huh: sounds like a mass pile up on the 5 with bikes down?

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

The biker group 'Brother Speed' had a slight pilot error.

3. BUZO71

Awww, thats a shame....

4. McLovin

McLovin portland Member

Took me 3 hour to drive from salem to portland. From what I heard it was 26 bikes and 2 cars. A bike hit a car and itstarted a chain reaction.Not sure if that is the case. Just got home soI will see what the news has to say.

Side note: ever try to pee in a cup at 2mph?

5. BUZO71

How about TC'ing a M113 in NTC?

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

They were riding recklessly and were unable to slow down with traffic. I wonder if these guys are eligible for some sort of pseudo-darwin award.

They were also on their way to a demolition derby...guess they just couldn't wait to get started.

7. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

This is why i moved away from the big city

8. smithmax

smithmax here Member

I wouldn't consider Springfield a big city, but I got harassed by Free Souls on my way home from work one day. There is just something weird to me about grown men killing each other over colors on their little leather vests.

That incident is the main reason I got my CHL.

9. BUZO71

Its funny how the news makes it sound like these were just group of guys getting together to celebrate, have a good time in each other's company and the mean, bad SUV stopped in front of them... they ever mention once that this is an OUTLAW motorcycle GANG. never believe the media.

10. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

The spot they crashed at is always trouble. For some reason traffic will just randomly come to a complete stop there. If you are not expecting it you could be in trouble real fast. I can't remember how many times I have almost been rear ended there.

11. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

How I used to LOVE drinking beer and riding my bike fast! But even then in my younger and stupider days, I would NEVER ride in tight formation with a bunch of other beer-drinking bikers. I could never forget that little bit of simple physics about stopping distance when something slow appears in front of you.....................

Once I had a remarkable two AM episode in the deserted Mission industrial maze of San Francisco. I rode up to a green light, and stopped anyway, not knowing why. Instantly, a pack of about fifty drunken Hells Angels roared across in front of me at high speed through their own red light, half of them howling, "HOOOOOOO." If I had not hesitated, and gone through my green light, they would have run me over, and if I had survived that crash, they would surely have stomped me to death for getting in their way.

I think I had a point somewhere here...........Oh, ya, I was sober that time. That makes for better cycling.....................elsullo :thumbup:

12. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Have any of you ever watched a biker "gang" ride together? With the amount of time they spend on those bikes, they ride like pros. I do not condone the actions of so-called outlaw biker gangs, but one thing they know is how to ride.

I have no clue what happened in this case, but the media and the public is so quick to condemn. It must have been the dirty bikers fault. It couldn't have been that obnoxious soccer mom in her SUV (see urban assault vehicle) talking on her cell-phone, putting on her make-up, reading a book/newspaper, and yelling at her kids. Or some businessman texting on his crackberry while trying to get the updates on his stocks, and grabbing a quick lunch on the go (I have seen all these things on I-5). No, it had to have been the bikers fault.

Since I doubt any of us here have seen any official police investigation results or reports, let not just follow the sheeple and believe what the local news tells us. Reserve judgement.

13. BUZO71

I'm not saying its the bikers fault. Just that I'm glad they are the ones that got hurt out of the whole deal, if anyone. "Brother Speed" is just that- "BS" I have seen them ride before. On drugs, drunk, forcing other cars off the road- seen it. BS is an outlaw biker gang. three or more people who 'identify themselves in some way as being a group, involved or included in criminal activity.'

14. MountainBear

I know who brothers speed are. Same as the gypsy jokers and the freesouls, and the rest of the three patch crews in Oregon. All I'm saying is that we are very quick to judge and appoint blame based on a reputation. Thats not right. I'm not saying that these guys weren't at fault for this accident. All I'm saying is that unless you were in the accident, you (in a collective sense, not specifically anyone here) don't know either.

And being glad one person is hurt rather than another is something you should keep to yourself. Everyone is someone's son or daughter, someone's husband or wife, someone's family. Call it religion, call it ethics, call it morality. Just keep comments like that in your mind.

15. BUZO71

What I'm saying is, if anyone had to get hurt, I'm glad it was them and not some innocent person.

16. MountainBear

Its still inappropriate. Because until you know the cause of the accident, they are an innocent party. Mayhaps not in life, but in this instance.

17. BUZO71

What I'm saying is if ANYONE had to get hurt, better them than some innocent. I see what you are saying and I agree... if no one could have gotten hurt, that would have been great. But these guys were FOLLOWING the car and ran int othe back. To say nothing of the fact they ran into each other, meaning that did not have a safe following distance from the SUV or the other bikes. They were not innocent

18. smithmax

smithmax here Member

MountainBear, every witness that was quoted in the reports said that the bikers failed to slow down with traffic. So it was their fault, and they weren't "riding like pro's".

19. MountainBear

None of us were there. If you guys believe everything you hear on the news or read in the papers, you're beyond help. I'm done trying with this thread...

20. BUZO71

Well, I believe my eyes. 'nuff said