JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_9339[1].jpg

I've been reloading for many, many years: numerous calibers, bullet casting, the whole bit. Every once in a while I run across something that makes me scratch my head and say "Huh?!"

To be clear- I didn't do this; it isn't mine. I've been finding these on the ground at the range recently. I've seen the "Glock smilie" before, but this is a 10mm case that is bulged, blown out like a balloon all the way around the base. The only thing I can think of is the possibility that someone is shooting 10mm ammo in a blow-back .40 of some kind? That doesn't seem logical, but I can't understand what happened here.

I cant figure out what gun would have a 40 chamber that could close enough to fire, but it seems you are on the right track with your assumption. And it has to be a circular chamber without any feed ramp opening. Plus, it would have to be extremely low power otherwise it would have blown the case, right?

Here's an interesting photo. I got out my Sub2k and put an empty 10mm case in the chamber. It likes up exactly perfect with the bulge on the other case. My rifle will not fire that far out of battery though.

Weird. I guess it doesn't really matter. I didn't do it, and won't, whatever it was. Just curious.

IMG_9342[1].jpg

Went up shooting at a local spot in the west Cascades a month or so ago, while I was picking the previous groups brass up before ours hit the ground I found this piece of 556 brass and thought how the hell? Someone had to change their underwear..lol

IMG_20200708_123832.jpg IMG_20200708_124305.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR