JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Indeed; they are dangerously bad garbage. I couldn't resist the lure of wackiness, had one for about a New York minute, then got rid of it. Minute of broadside of barn at anything beyond point blank range was asking too much and forget about easy case extraction. (With the whole volley fire concept, I have a mix of serious skepticism, coupled with an admitted penchant for the unusual, but that revolver was, without qualification, an absolute pile. Interactions with the company making them was farcical, at best, too.)
While I believe it, it still seems crazy to me that something like that can make it to production these days.

The Sterling PPL I posted about (.380 with a 1" bbl) at least made some theoretical sense 50+ years ago... it was 1968 and this was something smaller than a PPK or a 38 snubbie, and still (nominally) in a viable defensive caliber. Plus it was a rushed job because they needed to get something to market since the passage of GCA 68 restricted imports of pocket guns and demand was there for a domestic option.

The S333 however? Other than questionable-at-best benefit of the volley, it doesn't really fill any need or offer anything over more conventional options. Seems like they could've taken their time to perfect the design... or figure out it wasn't worth doing.

Weird connection between thunderstruck piece of garbage and zip22 piece of garbage.

Zip22 company (USFA) used to make steel high quality SAA clones. Then they sold the tooling for the SAA to pay for the plastic piece of crap zip22, which was so bad it made them go bankrupt.

Standard manufacturing makes high quality steel SAA clones with USFA's tooling they bought. And now they make the thunderstruck plastic junk gun. I hope standard doesn't make the same mistakes that bankrupted USFA but it sure seems like they are following the same path. Maybe they are diversified enough to whether the losses from thunderstruck production though I don't know.

Last Edited:
Detonics Pocket 9. :rolleyes:
I had one and at the time was the best small carry option if you wanted a 9mm. Never failed me, but was AMAZINGLY difficult to field strip and reassemble. DA trigger pull was awful and SA was decent. Don't recall any feeding issues or FTF's.

I will submit for your review:
  • Every gun that exists in the minds of non gun owners who get their information from CNN
  • Every gun that exists in the minds of anti gun politicians
  • Every gun that exists only in Biden's imagination though I do want the 9mm that will blow a lung clean out of an attacker and the 5.56 that will vaporize someone. I can't ever IMAGINE what a 7.62x39 will do out to ten miles...

Blooper reel.

I don't see it as a ugly gun that worked.

I see it as guns that failed.

Like a cut scene where a guy or gal drops a Sig and it ADs into someone's leg.

Unfolding a KelTec S2K and it just falls apart.

Century Arms AKs barrel pins walking out under normal fire and the barrel just falls out.

A video of a Glock 44 constantly jamming.

Guns that have had issues out in the public at their worst, that's blooper reel material.

In honesty, gun bloopers already do exist. Just go watch some Military Arms Channel videos on YouTube. Some of Tims videos are entirely a blooper reel.

... Just go watch some Military Arms Channel videos on YouTube. Some of Tims videos are entirely a blooper reel.
Yep that's by design imo. It creates viewers and subscribers. After that incident where he screwed lots of folks out of a group buy for personal cash, I don't watch any of his videos.

Yep that's by design imo. It creates viewers and subscribers. After that incident where he screwed lots of folks out of a group buy for personal cash, I don't watch any of his videos.
I think making his videos twice as long as they need to be is part of the design as well. Something about more ad revenue for longer videos... hence making a video about the Rasheed rifle and spending 8 minutes of it talking about the SKS.

Indeed; they are dangerously bad garbage. I couldn't resist the lure of wackiness, had one for about a New York minute, then got rid of it. Minute of broadside of barn at anything beyond point blank range was asking too much and forget about easy case extraction. (With the whole volley fire concept, I have a mix of serious skepticism, coupled with an admitted penchant for the unusual, but that revolver was, without qualification, an absolute pile. Interactions with the company making them was farcical, at best, too.)
Just saw a video about the thunderstruck on inrangetv. They shot cardboard target at 10 yards and zero shots even hit the cardboard. Then at 3 yards bullets were keyholing and some not even hitting the target. Why do they bother even making this gun? It's no better than those $100 cheap derringers. It's got to be up there with zip 22 for one of the worst designs ever made I would think. Whoever is designing this crap needs to switch to another line of work I think.
E6A4EE47-0838-40F6-9829-C65E388C9F12.png
0B54A063-0338-4EAC-A90B-A8CDB7FA66AA.jpeg

Just saw a video about the thunderstruck on inrangetv. They shot cardboard target at 10 yards and zero shots even hit the cardboard. Then at 3 yards bullets were keyholing and some not even hitting the target. Why do they bother even making this gun? It's no better than those $100 cheap derringers. It's got to be up there with zip 22 for one of the worst designs ever made I would think. Whoever is designing this crap needs to switch to another line of work I think.
View attachment 1217159
View attachment 1217158
The USAA and the Standard guys are basically the same people. Someone has an infatuation with really bad company killing .22's. I keep waiting for the reboot of the Colt Woodsman.

Glock26 tops my personal list mainly because I fell for the hype and spent too much. Uncomfortable to hold and shoot. Bought it for my wife as a purse gun. Multiple trips to the range, multiple problems. Never managed to fire two magazines without some problem. Recently sold this gun and glad to be rid of it.

I think the majority of those short barreled weapons were designed for, "Across the card table accuracy." :s0093:

My brother had a derringer in .38 Spl. that would keyhole at 10 feet. :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews