JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt 2000
View attachment 1212339

Colt's answer to the Glock pistol. Completely unreliable and horrendous to look at.
They even have an ugly trigger pull. It is a straight back pull but is dao(double action only) and the travel length is from where you see the trigger to the end of the frame. I actually liked how it fit my hands almost purchased one while I was working the gun library at cabela's, until I tried the trigger.

The L.E.S./Rogak P-18 aka "Jam-a-matic." A Bubba copy of a Steyr GB prototype, made to exacting Lorcin standards. SOF magazine's contemporary test showed the tester preparing to throw it into a lake. Aside from its stunning beauty, it was essentially the first pump-action handgun. Although it was technically a gas-retarded blowback, gas had nothing to do with its retardation.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 11.02.55 PM.png

Two recent examples. One is some twisted abomination of a lower put onto a stribog. 2nd one is bond arms bullpup/fingertip remover. I've seen some bad designs but that bullpup lower on a Stribog is right up there with the zip 22 for complete idiocy.

View attachment 1212367
View attachment 1212368
Older ones I would say the shake to fire Taurus and how could one not include the Jennings pieces of $h!te so I would put those on the list somewhere.

Honorable mentions: grendel pistol, life card, altor hot glue gun looking thing, there is also a horrendous modern derringer thing made out of plastic that I can't recall the name of edit: thunderstruck

View attachment 1212395

Altor
View attachment 1212396
Grendel
View attachment 1212432
Hey now, I own one of those hot glue gun Altor thingamajigs. They're incredibly dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing

BiMart had one of these in their case a year or two back.
1654176101184.png
I guess you can't really judge what kind of taste in guns the public will have? I mean, look at Glock? I prefer not to, but that's just me.

That would be a tough one. Cobray did create some truly hilarious guns back in the day. :s0114:
I think Cobray deserves special consideration as one of the worst manufacturers of all time partially due to their idiotic naming of guns. The street sweeper name caused ATF to specifically outlaw the gun Fe which hurt them bad financially.

Then of course they made a more friendly version called the "ladies home companion". Wtf were those guys thinking? If it were a home made toy I'd say hey cool but as a commercial enterprise?

26E2C88B-A262-4226-B3E5-D07B31859655.jpeg
The terminator, considered by many as the worst shotgun ever made.
5CE8CB5A-2192-4F32-A9C6-B9207AD6517C.jpeg
Can't remember the name of this weird thing
636F033F-3288-4207-944A-2F11E9B09BC1.jpeg

Sterling model PPL might deserve a mention. It was Sterling's attempt to adapt their .22 target pistol design (or more properly, their copy of the High Standard design) to a .380 pocket pistol. With only a 1" barrel, it didn't stabilize bullets and velocity must've been a joke.

EAE8A49C-5FBA-4FE1-B449-C2E8D1A777FC.jpeg

Jennings .22 semiauto. Don't remember the model. It was front pocket size. 100% reliably a single shot, since the first shell always failed to eject and jammed. About half the other rounds jammed too.

Charter Arms Bulldog .44sp. Very light weight alloy revolver. Nearly escaped my hands entirely on the first shot. This was with over the counter .44sp ammo, that is, low power stuff. On the third shot the gun spontaneously dismantled itself. The hammer and some other parts fell out and into the mud.

Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 revolver bought the same time as the Bulldog.
It failed to fire about 1/3 the time with light primer strikes.

I bought all three guns back in the late 70s in response to starting to read gun magazines.

Indeed; they are dangerously bad garbage. I couldn't resist the lure of wackiness, had one for about a New York minute, then got rid of it. Minute of broadside of barn at anything beyond point blank range was asking too much and forget about easy case extraction. (With the whole volley fire concept, I have a mix of serious skepticism, coupled with an admitted penchant for the unusual, but that revolver was, without qualification, an absolute pile. Interactions with the company making them was farcical, at best, too.)

The Zip 22. I own one. It's sort of reliable... But I love the hideous thing, I'm never gonna let it go, I'm going to keep on clearing jams forever....

Zip-22-10.jpg

The first gun that comes to my mind is the Bren 10. Too finicky with ammo, but VERY ahead of its time. If it had been reliable, the 10mm might have been more popular sooner.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top