JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
History is replete with examples; wrong offering at the wrong time, manufacturer misjudged the buying public, good idea but poorly executed, in a weird caliber that never caught on, terrible idea that no one can really explain, cool feature(s) but not enough to justify the expense/hassle/retraining, bad marketing, or just a straight up POS.

What firearms offerings would you include on the blooper reel of gun history? Why so?

Thanks for sharing!

Dardick 1100. Cross between a revolver and semi auto gas assist. It used triangular bullets.

Why so? Did you hear what I said? It used triangular bullets. :D

The Wheel Lock pistol ( or rifle )
Mine shown here , is a mix master of original antique parts...
Lock , furniiture and inlays...with a new stock and barrel.
The original parts date to the 1500's.

Complicated firing mechanism , wild , gotta wind it up to get it to shoot...this is after you load it with powder patch and ball...
Oh yeah...don't forget to prime....

Neat and fun to shoot...but not one I'd like to rely on for battle or the like.
Andy

Good ole duct tape zip gun!

highcapacitypistol.jpg

The case was triangular, not the bullet.
I'm aware, but you can't run it without the triangular sleeves so worthless if all you got is a pocket-full'O-bullets. Better go find all your sleeves too if you wanna reload. ;)

Multi-calibers were available, IIRC.

Two recent examples. One is some twisted abomination of a lower put onto a stribog. 2nd one is bond arms bullpup/fingertip remover. I've seen some bad designs but that bullpup lower on a Stribog is right up there with the zip 22 for complete idiocy.

FC7FC9EE-63BF-4602-B4FF-624405EEEF18.png
B9D05A48-432F-4E1F-8C5E-90F56205689C.jpeg
Older ones I would say the shake to fire Taurus and how could one not include the Jennings pieces of $h!te so I would put those on the list somewhere.

Honorable mentions: grendel pistol, life card, altor hot glue gun looking thing, there is also a horrendous modern derringer thing made out of plastic that I can't recall the name of edit: thunderstruck

C801DF83-A7A7-41B6-B1A3-9693BEFE59D2.jpeg

Altor
A431699F-B5B6-4EF7-B339-5DE4911222D3.jpeg
Grendel
A1B1FC67-2240-4E72-AF7C-9853D182F928.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show