JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny looking AK you got there...
If you think about it...

It has AR and AK ergonomics, sort of. o_O
The best part for me.. i dont need to go out of state period! got everything i need here in washington ;)
Yeah, cause some people from out of state are driving into washington! I go out of state for work all the time. Some states not so friendly with guns, some of those states involve me going into an area where a person would want one available.

/THREAD

Seriously though. Glock is like an old relic from the 1980s. They are the Apple Computer of guns. They somehow have been successful at convincing the masses that they need to trade in their functional/reliable iPhone3, for the newest iPhone4, then for the newest iPhone5, then for the newest iPhone5s etc. etc. etc. W T F # are they on for iPhones these days anyways?

It's as if Glock is supposed to be "Perfection", right? Why do they keep tinkering with it? Does that Gen5 G19 do anything much better than the Gen4 or Gen3?

Hey Glock makes a plastic pistol that works, and they absolutely deserve all credit due for being pioneers in that dept.

The reality is that a bunch of other gun companies make plastic pistols that work that are also better designs than Glocks - both functionally and ergonomically.

Walther, HK, S&W, FN H, CZ(I wish I could currently say SIG) etc. have all left Glock in the dust, or the '80s.
Glocks are good...you know, for people who like to wash paper plates.
Disclaimer... I own a Glock. :D

I know this is practically heresy in the gun world, but here goes:

The 1911.

I have no idea why people are so fascinated by this pistol. It's heavy, it's clunky, and every one I've had in my hand feels like I'm holding a brick.

I know this is virtually heresy in the gun world, but here goes:

The 1911.

I have no idea why people are so fascinated by this pistol. It's heavy, it's clunky, and every one I've had in my hand feels like I'm holding a brick.
I like them for the same reason I like my Asa Waters 1844 pistol. History

I'll admit to some off beat tastes, including a wacky lever-gun build, but agreed that seeing the 464 SPX made me die inside a little. And by a little, I mean a lot. :eek:

View attachment 720313

Something about this 'gun' was bothering me, so I did some research last night in the restricted section of the Hogwarts library. Unsurprisingly, it turns out that it's actually one of Voldemort's Horcruxes. Any use of it could bring about the return of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

It is fascinating to read through threads like this. They bring out the wildly disparate views and perspectives among gun owners. What one person loves, another can't even fathom liking. A lot of it is just aesthetics, too. If you have shot one gun extensively and are used to it, then another design just won't feel right; It's a bit like me and S&W vs. Ruger revolvers.

This reminds me a little of taking a friend to the range a while back, and letting him try my Sub2000. I demonstrated how to hold and fire it, rapidly hitting the 100 yard gong multiple times. I warned him that the ergonomics were terrible, the sights were poor, and the trigger pull was abysmal, but it was a fun gun to shoot once you got used to it.

He put it to his shoulder and tried to see the sights. He turned his head to try to make it fit. I tried to show him again how to do it, but he just got frustrated and gave up, saying it was completely unusable garbage. He never gave it a chance, and if he were on this forum he would be posting about it on this thread, how terrible and unusable they are, even though he saw me using it quite effectively.

When I hear someone say "I hate Glocks" or "I hate 1911s", I think of this. Millions of people like them and use them effectively. It's one thing to say a Glock or 1911 is not to your preference, but quite another to say they're overrated junk. All those people who like and use them effectively will look on you as a bit of an ignoramus.

What always amuses me whenever I hear someone tearing down the 1911, is that they're always comparing it to whatever modern design they prefer. This is a design from well over a century ago, from a time when the Wright brothers were first floundering about with their flying contraptions, and horseless carriages were toodling about on the road-apple covered streets. Of course it's obsolete! The fact that it still compares and competes at all among modern pistols is amazing, and a testament to the genius of the design. You certainly don't have to like it, especially over newer designs, but if it weren't a darn good design and one heck of a great handgun (at least historically) it wouldn't be so widely respected, copied, and used 109+ years later.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top