JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the new version of slapping a " New and Improved!" sticker on everything; once every single item HAS to say "Tactical" on it, the word loses any meaning or relevance.
I saw an ad once from the early 1900s (maybe earlier) for "Electric Toothpaste"... doesn't make any sense, but this new-fangled electricity was all the rage so advertisers were quick to capitalize.

Remember when everything was "TURBO ACTION!!"
Or "X-TREME!"
Or "Clear".
Or "Sonic".
Or "Ninja".
Or "Zombie"

Tactical- and Operator-anything are the new X-treme Mountain Dew... marketed to flat-brimmed ballcap bros who play Call of Duty and grew up with our country's military at constant war. Pretty f-ing cynical, IMO... although I do tend to call bullets Freedom Pills.

I'm curious what that would look like but I don't want to derail this delicious thread.
I posted my 10.3" AR pistol in the ar pics thread I think. It serves its purpose as my truck gun, its compact and has a folding brace on it.

Even with a 10.3" barrel, M193 will still fragment in close quarters, and as I said there's also purpose made ammo. So the short barrels exist for a reason, its just whether or not people get them for that reason. Though, 7.62x39 is better than 5.56 with a short barrel, and depending on how short the barrel its even better than .308, 5.56 does less overpenetration than the the other mentioned rounds.

Taurus Judge and its clones.

Nice thing about all those Ruger 10/22 aftermarket parts, is that most of them work on 10/22 clones (e.g. TC/R22).

Last Edited:
I posted my 10.3" AR pistol in the ar pics thread I think. It serves its purpose as my truck gun, its compact and has a folding brace on it.

Even with a 10.3" barrel, M193 will still fragment in close quarters, and as I said there's also purpose made ammo. So the short barrels exist for a reason, its just whether or not people get them for that reason. Though, 7.62x39 is better than 5.56 with a short barrel, and depending on how short the barrel its even better than .308, 5.56 does less overpenetration than the the other mentioned rounds.

im a fan of SBR/pistols because of the enhanced mobility. The mk18 is popular for a reason. I also use a 10.3 mk18 in pistol config as a work truck gun. Still carry a pistol, but you never know.
That being said, if for some reason I ever had to reach out and touch something of course I'd grab a 16" at least. But I don't ever see me getting into a situation while in my work truck where I'd need a 16" barrel so I don't keep one in there. I'll take my 10.3 over a 16 for most situations due to the "concealability" and the easy movement.

I have an AR pistol in 300 BLK and an AR carbine with a 10.5" barrel, also 300 BLK. For me 5.56 loses a lot in the translation but I'd be willing to listen to reason.

Pistol braces? You mean the things that allow you to have a SBR without the stupid atf paperwork? And carry a loaded ar in your vehicle because its technically a "pistol"? You dont understand the popularity of that?
nope, not one bit. :D 642CEB94-DA99-48EF-9C52-14E614837348.jpeg

I pity the fool who don't like the Mini-14
View attachment 720160

In a television show that featured multiple gun battles each and every episode with full-auto guns resulting in (IF I remember correctly) little or no gunshot wounds or deaths, the Mini-14 was one of the few firearms realistically represented toward its ability to hit anything.

Pistol braces? You mean the things that allow you to have a SBR without the stupid atf paperwork? And carry a loaded ar in your vehicle because its technically a "pistol"? You dont understand the popularity of that?

SBR is great, but not if you want to carry it in your car across state lines...
I travel back and forth across the WA/OR border all the time.. so for me buying a $200 tax stamp to limit my travel options makes zero sense.
7DCF36F9-85EA-497D-B281-B2827C671B85.jpeg

SBR is great, but not if you want to carry it in your car across state lines...
I travel back and forth across the WA/OR border all the time.. so for me buying a $200 tax stamp to limit my travel options makes zero sense.
View attachment 720495
Yeah i was being snarky. Beautiful thing about lmt... all i gotta do is pop in a 16. Although i heard rumors they are working a "new" length. Hope its something like a 13.7 or 14.5. Nice looking setup btw

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top