JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi-Point carbines... Fugily to the tenth power...! I can say that because I own one. There, I admit it, but I'd never be seen in public with it, unless I can put a paper bag over it.

He's a bit of a traditional guy, had no use for the inline stuff.
What is interesting is that in-line firearms can be "traditional"...
Which is why I use the term "modern in-line"
I have a J. Barbar box lock flintlock pistol....if you look at the pictures below...the lock is "in-line" with the bore...the pistol dates from the 1760's....:D
Andy
DSC03431.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

I... didn't even realize this was a thing. It felt a little like the sun darkened and the birds went silent when I saw the results of my google search.

I'll admit to some off beat tastes, including a wacky lever-gun build, but agreed that seeing the 464 SPX made me die inside a little. And by a little, I mean a lot. :eek:

10-0136169.jpg

I... didn't even realize this was a thing. It felt a little like the sun darkened and the birds went silent when I saw the results of my google search.
I'm not sure which is worse to look at, the half-naked 400lb beauties on PeopleOfWalmart, or that rifle.

But that's just my opinion, based on my own experiences and my own personal taste. To each their own, and who am I to judge someone else's preferences in firearms? :)

I built a camp carbine on a new Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt. I added a light, because I needed one. I sanded the stock and added a texture finish, cause it worked. Added a RDS because I liked it. The rifle turned out to be quite useful and handy, but a bit heavy.

Nothing I did to it was for looks or to be cool; everything done was to enhance it's performance or utility.

IMG_20180414_204738948.jpg

This has been the best laugh I've had fora few days. Thanx guys! Also, being older, 65, and a noob to guns, I'd say I'm pretty with it for a new guy. I agree with most here.

Or should I just puff out my chest and show off my manly-man-ness by throwing some verbal rocks at popular guns that other people really like? :D

Isn't that exactly what this thread is for? yes it is. All in fun though.
I'll admit to some off beat tastes, including a wacky lever-gun build, but agreed that seeing the 464 SPX made me die inside a little. And by a little, I mean a lot. :eek:

View attachment 720313

You should have a curtain covering that with a warning.

i would say pistol caliber carbines.
some time in the '80s i got a colt 9mm ar for $300. it was fun for awhile , but i never figured out what it was for , so i sold it shortly thereafter. few years later i saw them going for $3000 and wanted to kick myself. i've been bitter and resentful ever since.

Any ar15 still made that doesnt have a free floated rail. (That isnt a repro or some kinda clone). Like how in the hell are polymer shell handguards still put on production rifles?

Pistol caliber carbines that cost just as much as a rifle or more. I get why an mp5 might be expensive or why someone would want a 9mm ar15 but at a certain point when your $2k -$3k into a 9mm you should probably start asking yourself some questions.

Ruger 10/22, .................Start the Hate, .........for the life of me, I cannot figure out why these are so popular, there are many others that are far more accurate, far more reliable, and far better looking, and yet, the little Ruger is MAGA popular! A whole cottage industry spring up to this, devoted to making the littlest Ruger shoot better then it ever did, but WHY? Having seen people dropping THOUSANDS on parts and accessories, and it's "Just" a .22, I just don't get it!

Back in 2013 when you couldn't get any .22 LR I bought a Ruger 10/22 that probably had over $1000 in mods done.
Boyd's Tatcticool stock - what a POS
Timney trigger
.920 fluted Green Mountain barrel
Vortex 8-32 scope with a 50mm objective lens
Harris BiPod

Those are just the things I remember but the big plus was the 750 rounds of ammo. I paid $550 for everything, ditched the Boyd's stock for an Archangel, put the Vortex on my .17HMR & now I can see the surprise on a desert rats face when he realizes there's a pointy thing coming towards him at high speed. Did I overpay? Maybe but the scope was around $300 at the time and I needed a good one for the .17HMR so I don't feel bad. I was also able to give a lot of the ammo to relatives' kids & they had a lot of fun.

The 10/22 was introduced in 1964 & I've actually been to Ruger HQ in Southport CT a few times on business. Neat place with a lot of real early guns. I think Ruger sold over 6 million 10/22's & I've converted two of mine to bullpups. I also bought a Marlin 22 in 2013 - '14 along with a ton of ammo it's crap compared to the 10/22. I gave the Marlin to my Grandson in CA and as long as it's kept cleaned & oiled it'll run fine. If you shoot it much the recoil springs need to be replaced occasionally but it rarely jams & with a 3x9 scope it's a good plinker.

The gun that makes me say "WHY?!!" is the HiPoint Carbine. I thought the pistols were bad but at least you could use it as a framing hammer.

IWI Galil ACE rifle in 7.62 x 51 with a 20" barrel! It was so darn ugly, bulky and heavy I almost bought one, and still regret not getting it :eek::confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top