JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 guns i really regret selling...
1st, was a ruger mark2..it was the first gun i ever bought....i just bought another one recently so im happy about that.
2nd, was an fr8 mauser 308...my favorite mauser ever...well i finally found one on gunbroker a few days ago...ill have it next week
3rd was an armalite ar180...just a cool freaking gun...i got it for such a good deal and sold it for 3x as much as i bought it for....i wish i still had it, ill probably never buy one again because they are to spendy
20160221_094453.jpg

The three I regret selling are

Pre '64 Winchester Mod 70 Featherweight in .264 Win Mag
Ruger 10/22
Ruger Mk II .22 auto

I've replaced the two Rugers.

My 1st SCAR 17, but it was at a time where I needed the money more then the rifle.. Soon as I got stable again, 1st thing I bought was another SCAR 17.
SCAR 17 is 308 or 7.62/51 right I don't know much bout them but I always just liked the way they looked and are all SCAR RIFLE 'S AMBIDEXTROUS I'm looking them up right now or already did EXPENSIVE NO WONDER I DON'T HAVE ONE HEHEH LOL

Last Edited:
SCAR 17 is 308 or 7.62/51 right I don't know much bout them but I always just liked the way they looked and are all SCAR RIFLE 'S AMBIDEXTROUS I'm looking them up right now or already did EXPENSIVE NO WONDER I DON'T HAVE ONE HEHEH LOL

Yeah, its a 308. the SCAR 16 is in 5.56. The SCAR 17 is one fine battle rifle.

Regretted selling:

Winchester Model 1890 (my dads I sold it for him and should of found a way to keep it)
Winchester Model 1906 (was an honest Gallery model complete with sway back stock)

Winchester model 67 (single shot .22)

Winchester model 69 (Single Shot .22)

Smith Corona Model O3A3 (beautiful Original condition rifle went to pay a bill)

Harold Plank (.50 cal precussion Plains style pistol)

Beretta AL-1 Semi Auto Shot gun (lost in a pawn shop)

Remington Model 552 BDL (semi auto .22)

Remington Model 572 BDL (pump .22)

Might be a couple others

Replaced with:

Winchester model 1906 (beat to crap rifle shoots great)

Springfield M1903 (restored to 1918 original condition with after market stock) To replace the O3A3

Remington 572 Field Master to replace the 572 BDL (this one is in almost unused condition)

about 20 years ago I quit selling any firearms and quit buying any firearm I didn't want to keep until my kids get it.

Jezus that's a long list.

The Glock 17 is the most numerous on that list. I've owned 6. Actually - I've made 6 purchases/trades - actually having only owned 4 particular specimens. I purchased the exact same Glock 17s twice, from the same gunstore. I know because 1.) the serial numbers matched and 2.) my initials were scratched into the mag well...

The Glock 19 is a close runner up - I'm on specimen number 5.

Smith & Wesson M&P - I've owned 3 full size 9's, 1 .45 compact, a 9 Compact, and the wife still has the Shield 9 and we will wind up with another of some sort sooner or later. Still wish they made a real Glock 19 size M&P with a full grip, 3.8-4 inch barrel, and 15 round mag, but then again the CZ P-10 will be out soon...

CZ-75 - like the Glock 17 above, I have twice owned the same exact gun, purchased from the same gunstore. Funny bit is I traded it off the first time, it wound up BACK at The Gun Broker in Tigard, and I bought it again. Counting the P-01, the 75 Compact - I've owned 4 CZ-75's and made 5 purchases :)

Benelli Nova Tactical 12 gauge. My favorite shotgun - had one. Sold it. Bought another a couple years later. Traded that one. Kind of miss it still...

Glock 21. Maybe my favorite .45 - had 4 of them over the years- all unique. My last one was the SF model. If .45ACP wasn't so damned expensive, I'd still own one - but .45 is too spendy for me to shoot, as I do not reload, and I can get almost twice the 9mm for the money.

Sig P226 - owned the same gun twice - once because I purchased it, then traded it to a friend, then traded that friend a Glock 19 to get it back. It was a West German model.

Sig P220 - I've had two of these, one standard, one DAK. I really miss the DAK gun.
I bought both used - never could justify spending the cash for a new one - but got screaming deals on both of these. I'd be tempted to get another if I could find one for the bargain I got (I picked my DAK 220 up used-but-unfired for under $600 from the defunct Duel Smoking Guns in Beaverton years ago)

XD9 - I've had 4 "Service" 4 inchers, two Compacts, and one 5" tactical. I'm reeeally tempted by the Mod 2 versions.

Ruger P89 / KP89 / KP89DC - I've owned 3. They're ugly, they're heavy, and they shoot well. One of these days Ruger will no doubt bring back a metal framed, hammer fired "retro" gun - maybe update the styling, lighten the damn thing up, give it a nicer trigger... yeah right.

as far as I know those are the only ones - aside from AR15's - that I keep buying, selling, and buying again. I don't count the AR's because well, they're basically adult legos and none have been exactly alike. And everyone needs an AR or two. Or more.

I reeeally wish I had every gun I ever purchased or traded for. I also wish that I could find a gun, and stick with it forever as my go-to guns. I've gone to Glocks, moved away from them, and keep going back to them.

I think I need a 12 step program for my gun trading/selling problem. o_O

S&W model 36 Chief's Special. Sold it almost 30 years ago because I needed some quick cash and have regretted ever since. The wife suddenly has and interest in getting a concealed handgun license and needs to pick out a weapon. I'm trying not to influence her decision with what I want but I sure hopes she picks something equivalent. It will be her gun of course, but at least I can enjoy it vicariously.

Not too many true regrets. I've moved quite a few guns over the years but try to replace w/something that's equally intriguing.

A couple are -

Win '94 made in '03 w/26" octagon barrel in 25-35 w/a Lyman tang peep - got it from g-pa, I was young, it was heavy. If I could ever find this one again I would pay too much to get it back.

My 1st Hi-power - late 60's, nothing special but my cousin who gave it to me got killed in a logging accident, he loved that gun. Sold it before he was killed then always regretted it.

Recently a Mod 17-3 my uncle bought new in '73. He sold it to me 20 years ago, 95% gun. Hoping the gun I traded it for is going to live up to the hype in my head. Not a true regret yet but may end up w/another one some day.

I built a mini-Mauser in .223 off an Interarms action back in the early 80's w/a Douglas barrel and Fajen stock, took it to Wyo a few times along w/my 22-250 BDL. I miss both those guns but the .223 was unique and a fantastic shooter. I shot a 7 shot 100 yd group I could cover w/a dime with that gun one time.

Sold:
WWII era Colt 1911
Beretta .32cal
Original .303Enfield Enfield
.300Weatherby Weatherby
Remington 31
H&R o/u 12ga
Ithaca 37 12ga
Charles Daly 30" o/u 12ga
SKB 20ga o/u
SKB 20ga SxS double
Ruger 77 7mm mag
Ruger #1 .22-250 Bull barrel (oh gosh how I miss this one!!)
Remington 700BDL 280Rem
Remington 700BDL 6mmRem
Remington 700ADL .243
S&W .41mag
Remington .22lr semi-auto rifle
Springfield 03A3 30-06
Marlin .22lr lever action
Bushmaster AR

Passed on to family: (No regrets, well, maybe a little)
M1 .30cal carbine
Ruger .22 Bearcat
Para P14.45
Mossberg 500 12ga
Mossberg 570 12ga

What I bought to replace:
Mossberg 500 12ga
Ruger 10/22
Ruger 77 .308 stainless and kevlar
Circuit Court Judge .410/.45LC
Various ARs and handguns (I'm not tellin)
All these are in my will

Only two, but they were custom "One-of-a-kind" so I'll never see them again.:(

30-06 Husqvarna Light weight with a custom stock and a 6x42 Hensold "night" Scope on quick detachable mounts. :)
It was later stolen from the guy I sold it to and the thief was too stupid to take the scope with it.:oops:

Small Martini Receiver with a .22 target barrel chambered for .22-K Hornet, 6x, V-22 scope and a cut down Enfield butt stock.

Time marches on......:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I used to buy and sell the A1 Government surplus 1911's a lot back in the day when they were common. Was always fun. Now days when I see one in real nice shape and see the shocking amount they sell for I wish I would have laid aside a dozen of them or so. :eek::eek::)

Yah, it wasn't in bad shape but it didn't shoot great and it was very loose. I was young and knew nothing about 1911s. Soooo......... sigh.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top