JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there are plenty of stories out there about folks that sold guns, then ended up regretting they sold them. I'm just curious how many went to the trouble to buy them back - either the exact same gun they sold, or another of the same model? Just curious.

For me, two I regretted selling afterward were my Ruger P89 and Glock 21sf. I sold both looking for something different, but only after I sold them realized these two guns in particular worked very well for me, so I bought them back again. I found a used P89 a few months ago and a used G20sf (which I then found a used G21 slide with 4 mags in great condition for a great price). I'm glad to have both models back in my collection.

How about you?

I sold my first AR-15 Carbine length and regretted it. I am still friends with the person that bought it but he refuses to sell it back so I bought another one.

On my list that I haven't bought again is the Smith 15-22. I should have never sold it and am looking for another one.

Yet to sell one I regreted except possibly my Yugo sks... Was a great shooter but I found the paratrooper model I wanted in next to mint condition for the right price and figured I didn't really need two.

Traded for a near new stainless 6" gp100 and ammo. I love that gun:)

Nearly all of them.

But the ones I still am fond of and want to buy back:

C93 (HK93 clone) shot like a dream, sold due to lack of affordable or even findable military quality mags.
Well guess what, Apex has some 4-6 pack now! Sheesh.. Stupid me.

I do regret selling my Hipoints.
Good quick cash firearms in time of need.
Probably get a carbine and C9 again.

I regret trading my M10 but Ill get that back from Talin here soon ;)

My double barrel JW2000.. Could have had more fun with that little shotgun. The idea of exposed hammers bothered me though, the screws kept walking out over time.. Didnt like that, but I could have fixed it..

Ill probably regret selling the Beretta bobcat.. But I want cash asap.. Maybe Ill take a small loan out on it.. That aint a bad idea.

For the most part I only sell/cut loose those firearms that dont fit my "primary" type if requirement. Sounds all SHTF operatory but I like keeping a minimum of core firearms that would aid myself and my family should I need them.

I used my 1951 Colt 1911 for trading stock to get a 1962 National Match. When the first Colt came back up for sale I bought it back. I sold the National Match later and am just fine with it.
I sold my stainless Ruger 77 MKII when my wife bought me a Kimber Montana for an anniversary present. Always wanted that Kimber, until I got it. Never really liked it that much. When the Ruger came back up for sale, I bought it and sold the Kimber. Happy as a clam.

Kinda wish I'd not sold my 686+ 4" earlier this year... Will probably have another one of them someday.

Yeah I sold a Arsenal SGL21 years ago when I got in a pickle.... I only paid 450 for it as prices were low at the time. Now they are over 1K and well do not want one that bad...

i sold a Robar NP3 finished SIG P225 with a low round count to a relative. i regretted it almost immediately but didn't think to offer to buy it back until 5 years had elapsed. he said it was just sitting in the safe and had hardly been used during that time. the next time he was in town, he dropped it off and and said it was mine - no charge. :)

I needed the cash and sold my Marlin 39a years ago. I replaced it later with a Winchester pump M61 pre-war in very nice condition. Still missed the old 39a though. Finally picked up a Marlin 39M (Mountie), made in 1972. Feels good to have a lever 22 again.

Sold a stainless GP100 6" because I needed some frame work done on my bike and that aint cheep. Sold to a friend and am slowly wearing him down to get it back, really liked that one. Other than that I regret selling my M44 mosin, was just a Big 5 special but i liked the shorter length compared to my 91/30, didnt realize that the 44's would become harder to come by.

I used my 1951 Colt 1911 for trading stock to get a 1962 National Match. When the first Colt came back up for sale I bought it back. I sold the National Match later and am just fine with it.
I sold my stainless Ruger 77 MKII when my wife bought me a Kimber Montana for an anniversary present. Always wanted that Kimber, until I got it. Never really liked it that much. When the Ruger came back up for sale, I bought it and sold the Kimber. Happy as a clam.

Kinda wish I'd not sold my 686+ 4" earlier this year... Will probably have another one of them someday.

Good Kimber or bad Kimber, your wife is AWESOME!!!:)

I sold my 20" barrel saiga .308, that shot 1-1 1/2 moa. I didn't like the trigger and didn't feel like converting it at the time, and I wanted to get into m1a's. I regretted it even before the deal was done.

So I picked up a 16" barrel that was converted already. Haven't shot this one enough to know just how well it'll shoot. One thing, I'd rather have a longer barrel to begin with so you could cut it down and thread it. Threading this would be a pain and it definitely needs a flash hider.

Slightly different tale of woe. I had a S&W model 17-3 .22lr, 6" stolen in a burglary. I loved that gun! I used the insurance to buy a Smith m-2206 .22 autoloader, and it's a nice pistol, but not the squirrel killing, tack driver that the big revolver was. I'm held back by rhe $900-$1200 the used ones go for! I hope someday!

Last Edited:
I regret selling a gorgeous Stevens Fox side-by-side. Engraved. Fine walnut and bluing. Paid $130 for it slightly used. There were a lot of side-by-sides around back then and the Fox wasn't so collectible then. Got rid of a Webley .455 too. They were not sought after back then either. It was also in fine shape. Sold a Kimber once. Most accurate Kimber I have ever owned. Paid more buying it back but when I saw it for sale I grabbed it. Still shoots like butter! Whew! My collection now is divided into work guns and collectors. I like my Sig Spartan. Will probably never shoot it. The kids can fight over it. Ha! I have one the last Model 70's made in New Haven too. Never fired. Gorgeous.

Sold my gen 4 flat dark earth glock 19 a few months ago due to medical bills. Once I get some money saved up I will be on the search for another one. I regretted selling it as soon as I had gotten back home after selling. It was an excellent shooter and not just another all black gun. I have since learned from my mistake. Oh well. At least I kept the ammo and extra mags for it.

the first gun I bought was a ruger mark2, Ive bought 2 like it since then and it wasn't/isnt the same and ive sold those...I want my first one...I sold it to some guy at a pallet company in eagle creek if anyone knows the guy....anyway ive settled on a 22/45 with wood 1911 grips...it will never fill the hole of my first gun!!!

I do know that ill never sell my second and third bought gun....a titan 25 auto and a mpa mac 11 carbine!

after that the 30-40 guns ive bought in the last few years are all replaceable...

I have bought, Sold and traded alot of firearms since a came to America.
It is just a hobby to me for a long time, I enjoy to shoot all kinds of guns.
Iam a poor man so i have to trade alot to try different kinds of firearms, recently i have been just keeping guns i find useful for survival/shtf situation
So now i have a couple of shotguns and AR's and Glock pistols, thats the only hardware I need .................................But man i miss owning Luger's! I had a commercial 1930's and a couple of P08's dwm and a swiss -nothing totally rare just shooter grade examples.
I really miss the Lugers i sold and traded, I never really fired them and they were very old but I miss them alot.!
-maybe some day I will buy another Luger

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top