JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Starsky and Hutch made the Python popular long before the other TV shows had anything to do with it. Dirty Harry made the Model-29 what it is today.

And, yes, I'm one of the ones who likes Blued Steel and Fine Walnut Stocks on my Guns. That's why they are worth more to me.:):):)

Not only do I own one, but it is in 7.62x39. Try to wrap your head around that combo - lol.
I've had one of those since the 90's. Probably haven't shot it in 20 years. Always thought it was an odd, useless gun. I always joke that it's part of my retirement fund.

I've had one of those since the 90's. Probably haven't shot it in 20 years. Always thought it was an odd, useless gun. I always joke that it's part of my retirement fund.
I always felt that way about the Marlin Camp Carbine. Really wanted to like that one and while they are fun, I don't have a use for them that I can't fill with a handgun. (I'm not much of a PCC kind of guy anyway)
The 7.62x39 in a Ruger bolt would be a great Blacktail gun, especially if it has a 16 or 20" barrel. I tried to work my way into a couple over the years, but it never worked out.

7.62x39 makes a good NC gun... So any rifle in 7.62x39 opens ya up to hunting anything here. Even .223 tbh, one of the instructors I had while getting my CDL hunts with an AR.

Ruger 77 Hawkeyes. They are often $750+. Thats nuts.

I don't see them for that price very often, but I also don't see them for sale very often. If I was looking for a hunting rifle, which is my main focus, and that Ruger 77 MKII or Hawkeye for $750 had a good scope on it, it would get my attention. This family of rifles has been over shadowed somewhat by the Ruger American and it's a shame. I've had my hands on several and it is likely my favorite production action.

We get Californians moving here all the time. Even though they have taken up residence here, they're still Californians. ;)

E
Either they take their ideology with them or they aren't. Communism is not an ethnicity.

Whether or not they're Californian is a different matter. That being said, there's a bit of irony former soviet states, for the most part, move away from communism while we get leftists trying to push us to it instead of heeding the decision of those who actually had to suffer under it.

I don't see them for that price very often, but I also don't see them for sale very often. If I was looking for a hunting rifle, which is my main focus, and that Ruger 77 MKII or Hawkeye for $750 had a good scope on it, it would get my attention. This family of rifles has been over shadowed somewhat by the Ruger American and it's a shame. I've had my hands on several and it is likely my favorite production action.
I don't recall paying $750 for my Ruger Hawkeye in .30-06, with a Leupold 3-9 (replaced by a 4x Pilad scope). After finding out there were hawkeyes in mannlicher stocks with irons I've been questioning if I want to sell mine or not...

We all know Bass Pro Shops is spendy, but I saw a new Hawkeye standard for $850. For that, I'm buying an M70.

Or better yet the Galatz Sniper!

galil1.jpg

Here's an overpriced one

Springfield M1903 and variants.

Basically a Mauser ripoff which was the basis for most bolt action rifles today.

Buttery smooth action and a couple nifty features, but not worth the thousands people ask for them. They're ancient military surplus guns that can't mount a scope without being modified and most of them are in pretty sad shape or have had the majority of the parts replaced on them because back then they were just a standard infantry weapon and not a DMR or anything that got any sort of special treatment. They were down in the trenches of WW1 and in the mud rain and filth. Also came at a time of ammo conservation which is where the single shot load or magazine load switch came into play. I do like that feature though. makes single loading easier, but gives the option of loading the full 5rd magazine with a clip.

Just can't see paying thousands of dollars for one. under $500: maybe. $1200+ no way in hell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top