JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the Soviet Union fell they ain't commies no more. So... Technically the Beryl Archer and AR-M9 aren't commie guns. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure Bulgaria and Poland were a bunch of commies until it was no longer cool in the late 80s. The commie genes are there.
They WERE commies. Now they're not. They're also members of NATO. Both the Beryl Archer and AR-M9 are chambered in 5.56. Romania is moving to have AKs in 5.56 when they can afford the change. After soviet collapse communism hasn't been very popular in the former communist countries. Except maybe Belarus.

ERGO, they are not commie AKs. And if communism was in the genes, they certainly aren't following their genes very well.

After the Soviet Union fell they ain't commies no more. So... Technically the Beryl Archer and AR-M9 aren't commie guns. :rolleyes:

They WERE commies. Now they're not. They're also members of NATO. Both the Beryl Archer and AR-M9 are chambered in 5.56. Romania is moving to have AKs in 5.56 when they can afford the change. After soviet collapse communism hasn't been very popular in the former communist countries. Except maybe Belarus.

ERGO, they are not commie AKs. And if communism was in the genes, they certainly aren't following their genes very well.

Commies. All of them.

Glocks, XD's, Ruger P series

Glocks were $400ish guns when I got into them. Now they are $500-600 depending on model. They are still an inexpensively made mass produced simple design.

XDs were $300 guns when they were first introduced as the HS2000. Now they are $400-500

Ruger P series guns were tanks. Solid reliable guns that shoot decently. I bought a brand new one in ~2005 for $285. They stopped making them years ago and now the damn things go $350 used o_O

I'm just grumpy because everything costs more. I miss my $5 / box 9mm, and $4 / box .223. I griped that feeding my .308 was too expensive at $6-7 / box. Damn inflation...

I love my old P90 and P95. Like you said "tanks" but shoot very reliably (and accurately) with factory and my reloads. Kinda like using a good Rigid pipe wrench versus a knuckle busting China or Heavy Duty pos! Bought both of mine brand new for like $325. Wouldn't take a k for either one of them. Just me;).

For me, I cannot understand the huge popularity of the snake guns. Yes, they are nice, quality guns, but are they worth the prices they are commanding?

Lastly, Ruger skeleton stock guns. I have and do own a few. They are not pretty, generally don't shoot as well as other rifles in the same vintage/price point, and the recoil on the bigger calibers is obnoxious.

What guns do you feel this way about?

I've always thought Python's were over priced, but Gawd dammm they sure are purdy! And that trigger? Well, if you know what DA revolver trigger pulls are like, then you'll be shocked when you give that Python's trigger a squeeze. Greased glass, I believe they call it. Still, they're a lot of bread.

I own a Ruger that was in the Zytel "boat paddle" stock when I bought it new. Was happy as a clam when my nephew wanted it for his Ruger. Yes, it was an ingenious design and high tech, but the swivels rattled and it was freakin UGLY! Maybe that's why the collectors want them, everyone else wanted to throw them away!

I think a lot of AR's are still way over priced. I think a lot of supposedly "high quality" handguns that are polymer framed are over priced.

I've always thought Python's were over priced, but Gawd dammm they sure are purdy! And that trigger? Well, if you know what DA revolver trigger pulls are like, then you'll be shocked when you give that Python's trigger a squeeze. Greased glass, I believe they call it. Still, they're a lot of bread.

I own a Ruger that was in the Zytel "boat paddle" stock when I bought it new. Was happy as a clam when my nephew wanted it for his Ruger. Yes, it was an ingenious design and high tech, but the swivels rattled and it was freakin UGLY! Maybe that's why the collectors want them, everyone else wanted to throw them away!

I think a lot of AR's are still way over priced. I think a lot of supposedly "high quality" handguns that are polymer framed are over priced.
Boat paddle stock?

Kinda like a certain gun after a 1971 movie sent sales from only 2000 after introduction to over 200,000 the following year.

True. Though the Model 29 is damn fine revolver. I picked one up early last year and my only complaint is that I didn't years or decades ago. Smooth action, great sights, fits my hand perfectly, and I can run every conceivable load, which will take care of just about anything in this neck of the woods. It is easily my favorite handgun of all time.

408087-0730422c03b9d9b7496db0ce62515eff.jpg

Anything from the commies. AKs, SKSs, Moist Nuggets, etc etc.

Yah, I've never like Commie guns (save one*). And I never understood the fascination with the Mosin (aka Moist Nugget :s0112:).

* For reasons unknown, I've always been fascinated with the Czech vz61. If there are any transferable examples on the registry, I don't know, but an SBRed and suppressed one scratched that itch, and it was a fun build, albeit one requiring two stamps. :D

440027-a45a89d1d26553858afa828836e00aef.jpg

261353-78ebe60d9949bd0fbb3420bdb6b2d273.jpg

Boat paddle stock?

The Ruger Zytel All Weather stock is known as the skeleton stock and the boat paddle stock. It was light, solid and very durable. The permanent sling swivels rattled if there wasn't a sling in them and it did transfer recoil well. The butt pad was hard as a rock and the stock did not flex.
Picture lifted from the interwebs.
Boatpaddle.jpg

The Ruger Zytel All Weather stock is known as the skeleton stock and the boat paddle stock. It was light, solid and very durable. The permanent sling swivels rattled if there wasn't a sling in them and it did transfer recoil well. The butt pad was hard as a rock and the stock did not flex.
Picture lifted from the interwebs.
View attachment 536491
Looks like they did intend for it to be used as a boat paddle. o_O

Some of us prefer old guns that were assembled by skilled craftsmen vs. the latest polymer wonder gun. That's not a knock on the polymer wonder gun because they do the job that they were made to do, but some people love guns where the parts were hand fitted, have silky smooth triggers, and were hand polished prior to blueing. Those skilled craftsmen are expensive and gun companies find more economical methods to manufacture them.

Nowadays if you want a gun like that you have to buy it from the manufacturer's performance center.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top