JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was hoping for a Saiga 12 but my refund didn't get here before the ATF BS and prices went through the roof. I opted for an HK USP instead. I had one a while back and always regretted selling it.

Although I really hate getting a tax return at all. I'd much rather have less money taken out of my weekly check instead of giving the gooberment an interest free loan.

Most will go into savings for a house, but I'll treat myself to an HK91 clone and hopefully, another .303 Enfield to add to my collection.
I owe the State of Oregon almost $1k, but fortunately, my Fed return will be a nice amount.

Everyone should realize that ideally what it should say on line 72 should be $0. If you owe tax or are due a significant return, you're not doing it right. Remember, a tax refund means you have essentially given the government an interest free loan using your money.

Everyone should realize that ideally what it should say on line 72 should be $0. If you owe tax or are due a significant return, you're not doing it right. Remember, a tax refund means you have essentially given the government an interest free loan using your money.

If you have a normal job with a reasonably normal income that is much easier to do. My income can change by up to 25% each year depending on my jobs. On top of that depending on what job I am working at will depend on the amount made which will make different amount of taxes withdrawn.

I'm relatively well heeled on this tax return. I plan on getting a full blown Saiga conversion for my 5.45x39mm from Rifle Dynamics. I just placed an order with Tucker Leather for a holster, magazine carrier, and belt (8 month wait) and I received a set of elephant ivory grip panels for my 1911 in the mail today. They are sooooo sweet.

I've been off work for a couple of months, so I'm trying to control myself and not use my refund to buy a pistol. I'm trying to spend more quality time with the ones I already have. You know, clean them, or change the grips, or get them a new silicone cloth, or photograph them. Maybe I'll experiment with the loaner guns at the range more than I would otherwise.

If a job comes through, I'm rushing out to get a SA XD 9mm.

Understood, but how many people would squirrel away that little extra each week (or month) so as to have a decent chunk to buy a new gun? I know I wouldn't. It would end up getting spent going out to eat, a new pair of shoes for the wife, or if I'm lucky, a box of ammo. For me, tax return = forced savings plan.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top