JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another pissing contesto_O

Go somewhere else and measure your e-peen....

This was meant as a serious informative thread and not a prove your point thread.

Old a$$ men acting like teenagers:rolleyes:

I went looking for my notes to refresh my memory and found that the Pistol in the questionable test had had several springs modified from their Factory Standards. Including, but not limited to, the Firing Pin Spring. Additionally, the pistol was dropped from a height of some 12 feet which was greater than the tests called for.:):):)

KKG thanks for the reply and conversation. I guess the takeaway is its entirely possible but the odds are virtually zero on a properly set up series 70.

Although it does make me wonder considering fanboys seem to find it impossible to not modify their 1911s from OEM configurations (guilty) changing springs is very common to set the gun up for a specific handload, lighter recoil or trigger pull....

I began Carrying and dealing with the 1911A1 platform many years ago and I've never yet found a reason to modify the Firing Pin Spring. While the FBI does run tests on modified Guns frequently, they don't, to the best of my knowledge, do their drop test that are done for Departments etc. using anything that has been modified.

But you are right too many users like to play with their toys.

As to the OP question
Which Guns are NOT drop safe.

Colt Peacemaker, SAA, M1873

Just because it could hold 6, didn't mean it was a good idea. All those cowboy movies & tv shows overlooked the reality.

You load 5.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top