JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trainwreck,
I will attempt to answer your question, but it involves more than one gun.
I love my full size Smith&Wesson M&P in .40, the ergonomics are fantastic, though my usual every day carry is a Smith&Wesson 442, snub nose hammerless revolver pocket carry gun(the 442 is hammerless, so it doesn't snag on your pockets when drawing).
On my TO GET list.......
1. Glock 19, these things eat any ammo you put in them, they hardly break and the guns and parts are everywhere......they are the Ford F150 of handguns.
2. 1911....until you have held one it won't make any sense, once you have.....WOW! I have shot the Taurus, great gun, but my heart is set on a Kimber or similar.
3. Smith&Wesson M&P 340, which is a 357mag. Version of my 442.....put an XS big dot front sight and Crimson Trace laser grips......what else would you need?
4. Walther P99 QA trigger in .40, Sand in color.......hold it in your hand.....they are not common, but I love the feel.
I am sure there are guys that will say to get an HK or a Sig as well......I just haven't had the pleasure of handling/shooting one....so I cannot comment.
Good luck in your search!

dario- took the words out of my mouth-i'll stick with the 9mm as i have plenty of ammo, and the gun is not to powerful for my (weak grip) problem. my next roundup is going to be in the 357 cal- i can grip a revolver quite well.

steven

what do you guys thik about the glock 22 and 23?? i have heard from some other people that the .40 is a good caliber to shoot also. is this true??

what do you guys thik about the glock 22 and 23?? i have heard from some other people that the .40 is a good caliber to shoot also. is this true??

come on man. take a class first. shoot all the calibers. then work from there. this is one of those questions like what kind of underwear is the best? boxers or briefs, boxer briefs? man thong? loose? baggy? dental floss? Put some rounds down range at a place that has rentals and just pick the one that is the most comfortable and natural feeling (dont worry about accuracy that's what practice is for). Almost all modern pistols and cartridges perform well for protection.

The glock 22 and 23 work for thousands of people. Me personally I'd wouldn't want to carry one, but I do have a 35 which I like to carry alot.

hi.
i am new to web site and dont know alot about guns, i would like to buy a hand gun to cary with me duing my travels around the north west. Most of the time i would be in a car or truck sometimes i would cary it on me. I am open to any brand or caliber.

Thanks
Trainwreck

i will be getting my chl. and i would like to get into shooting but mostly would be for self defense. and price is not a big deal

revolver or semi auto dosent matter to me

Haven't seen anything about price, so I'll assume it doesn't matter. The best gun with your limited criteria is an Ed Brown 1911 Custom Classic:

<broken link removed>

It is probably the nicest handgun ever made and it is a bargain at $3,100. Buy it and don't look back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top