JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I don't like the Five-seveN, I've handled them for a while and put some rounds through one, and it just seems like an expensive toy. They just don't feel that well built for costing around a grand, kind of like an overrefined glock :D

Personally I don't like the Five-seveN, I've handled them for a while and put some rounds through one, and it just seems like an expensive toy. They just don't feel that well built for costing around a grand, kind of like an overrefined glock :D
I must admit, my main interest in the Five-seveN is based solely on the Battlestar Galactica connection (almost cried when they aired the final episode last week)...but I sure do look good holding one. :)

IMG_7366.jpg

Most of the viable options have been mentioned already.... I'd personally take a GOOD look at that FN. Lots of good stuff about that one. Perhaps that Super Redhawk, not sure I'd go for the .454, I've just found one in .44, its on the way (part of why I got THAT calibre is that it shares the same cartridge as my new B-92 Centennial..... thought it would be handy and cool to have two weapons share the same cartridge, and an easy one to find at that. All these enthusiastic comments on the FN have got ME thinking about one, though. Large cap mags, lightweight, and the fact that the Brady wackos HATE them somehow makes them more attractive. Maybe they'll manage to restrict new sales of them, which might mean the ones WE get will be worth more....... never a bad thing. Paint it pink, though, else the wackjobs might try and call it a "military weapon". Never know about that lot. Barmy, they are.

man, I got you guys stuck on that 5-7 and I haven't even got mine yet. I spent 1K on ammo and mags this weekend and might not even get it til friday now; glad someone is enjoying that gun, It's a phenominal shooter

There actually was a 4" Colt Python at my dealer that was tempting me very strongly...but in the end my love of stainless overwhelmed that temptation. :)

I went in today and ordered a Sig P220 Carry Elite Stainless. So much for the idea of getting change back. The thing ended up being $1099 out the door. I ended up actually having to spend more money. The sad thing is the wait is going to be 2-3 weeks. I am not sure I will be able to last that long. :eek:

This is the model I ordered. :)

P220-CARRY-ELITE-ST-detail-L.jpg

Go for the FiveSeven.
I've had for for about eight months. Great pistol.
Just got an AR-57 upper to put on my ar lower...well really just bought another AR lower so I wouldn't have to switch them back and forth. It's really great!

Keep us up to date what you decide to get! :)

HOOAH!!

There actually was a 4" Colt Python at my dealer that was tempting me very strongly...but in the end my love of stainless overwhelmed that temptation. :)

I went in today and ordered a Sig P220 Carry Elite Stainless. So much for the idea of getting change back. The thing ended up being $1099 out the door. I ended up actually having to spend more money. The sad thing is the wait is going to be 2-3 weeks. I am not sure I will be able to last that long. :eek:

P220-CARRY-ELITE-ST-detail-L.jpg
I don't suppose you checked with JCweaponry before you bought that?

I don't suppose you checked with JCweaponry before you bought that?

I am loyal to my dealer. I do not hop around for availability or to save a few bucks. You know how people keep asking how I find such nice guns at good prices? It is because I have a dealer that respects my loyalty and gives me first crack at things he comes across. :)

Did you get the 5-7 barrel conversion kit?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top